Walgreens Interview Questions in Deerfield, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a last minute call from a recruiter for an on campus interview. I took it as I was able to fit it in my schedule. Intern was very straight forward. 30 minutes with two recent grads from my university. Got an email later that day saying I was selected for the second round (seemed a bit fast to me?). I scheduled that for their Deerfield headquarters a week later. That interview included an easy Microsoft Excel test, and then two thirty minute interviews. Again, nothing difficult. I left the interview feeling confident yet I never heard back from them and it has since been 6 months since my interview and I have accepted a position with a different firm. I emailed everyone thank you notes after the interview and further sent an email months later to follow up just because I was curious but was never responded to. To take the time to go interview with a company and never hear back is ridiculous. Not a business I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• I dont even remember it was so long ago. Some behavioral, some case questions.   Answer Question

Walgreens Response

May 3, 2017 – HR

Thanks for posting. We’ll be sure the right people know about this so they can take a closer look.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January. Phone interview with HR in February. Phone interview with hiring manager in March. Interview in person with 5 managers including hiring manager in April. Final interview with 2 senior directors in May. The interview process is very long and the HR is not prompt and most of the times unresponsive to the requested updates/follow up emails. HR has never kept me informed during the whole process, never met with promises on dates that he was supposed to contact me with updates, forgot to send the confirmation email containing instructions of the interview, date, time, interviewers names, etc. The worst HR I have experienced by far. If you have applied to a position in HQ, be advised that the process is VERY long and frustrating.

It's been 2 months from the final interview and I have not received even an automated email on the outcome, after 5 months of interview process and hours of preparing for the interviews and interviewing. Disrespectful, unprofessional and rude.

The interviews are based on your experience and behaviors.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR = Horrible.
    The HR recruiter cut me off while I answered her questions.
    The series of questions were duplicative - just felt like she didn't listen to my answers or read questions. It was as if she was too focused on writing every word I said, rather than having a conversation with me about the role and my experience. She kept asking me my past salary for every job listed on my resume, she needed exact numbers.
    I learned nothing about the role, apart from what was in the job description, I got nothing on the culture of the company, team, people- as she stated " that is too hard to answer"

Interview Questions

• How much do you currently make?
      How much did you make at your other role?
      And how much did you make at the other?
      Why do you think you are a fit for this role?
      What makes you a fit for the role?
      What challenges have you faced in your role?
      Has there been a time where you had a challenging moment at work? If so, how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a recruiter, instantly had an on-site interview. Sat through 3 panel interviews with focuses on behavioral, management style, and technical questions. Very straightforward and succinct. Very smart people looking to hire the right talent for the future.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with multiple stakeholders to solve a common issue. How did you manage the complexity, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I worked for them since high school so I never did a formal interview at the retail level. If you apply for a corporate job, I did many and what they are lacking is the letter or a phone call to tell you if you that they decided to go with another candidate. The least they could do is that. Never got any type of letter therefore I assumed the answer was no. It would be nice to be treated as a human and not just another person that works there.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and friendly. I was greeted warmly when I arrived and by everyone that interviewed me. I thought the questions were very thoughtful and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to ask someone or a group to do something challenging. How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had 5 separate interviews with Directors, Vice President and HR reps. It totalled about 14 hours of interviewing to see if I was a good fit and if I would like the atmosphere.Had to do software testing, drug trsting, background check, credit check, and a personality test before interviews began.

Interview Questions

• A lot of budget, software, IT and regulation questions. Also the typical interview questions like " Why Walgreens?" And "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Director, Health Outcomes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very engaging professional process. There was an initial phone screening by HR and the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager, presented to a group of cross-disciplinary individuals. Then, met with key staff individually.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your managing style?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was smooth, a little bit too long but not unpleasant. Several interview rounds with my manger, colleagues, and other senior managers. In general the interview process was a check and confirm of a combination of skills and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• You are very confident, where that comes from?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was a little tense, overall we agreed to a mid term in most of my requests.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Firstly, the title says they need ETL Developer and JD shows Test description roles.
    Not a single question came from Testing stand point.
    All the questions were more like Modeling, DBA type questions.
    Every question they ask was indirect.
    It looks like as if they want candidates smarter then them.

Interview Questions

• what is left join then said reverse this and what join it will be ?
      What are cursors?
      What is Rownum ?
      You have two tables , A and B ? A has two attributes , one is PK and other is FK and Table B also has two attributes, One is PK and other is FK.
      Now how to Insert the row.
      You have two parameters . one has value pen and other has value as pencil. Now how you swap the values without using Update stmt.
      1 Answer