Walgreens Interview Questions in Deerfield, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The process was really easy and really informative. I would definitely come up with good reasons as to why you chose Walgreens as an employer of choice for the position. Also, if you are from out of state, you need to communicate your desire to relocate so they can see you as a valuable candidate.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

A longer process than you’d prefer, but HR is just being thorough. Started with an HR recruiter email and screen call, followed up 2-3 weeks later with an interview with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later they had me down in Deerfield for a half day of interviews. Another 3-4 weeks for an offer, and negotiations/background took a final 2 weeks. They take a bit of time, but they just want to ensure a fit.

Interview Questions

• What would your teams say about you? Tell me about a time you had to influence senior leaders.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January. Phone interview with HR in February. Phone interview with hiring manager in March. Interview in person with 5 managers including hiring manager in April. Final interview with 2 senior directors in May. The interview process is very long and the HR is not prompt and most of the times unresponsive to the requested updates/follow up emails. HR has never kept me informed during the whole process, never met with promises on dates that he was supposed to contact me with updates, forgot to send the confirmation email containing instructions of the interview, date, time, interviewers names, etc. The worst HR I have experienced by far. If you have applied to a position in HQ, be advised that the process is VERY long and frustrating.

It's been 2 months from the final interview and I have not received even an automated email on the outcome, after 5 months of interview process and hours of preparing for the interviews and interviewing. Disrespectful, unprofessional and rude.

The interviews are based on your experience and behaviors.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a last minute call from a recruiter for an on campus interview. I took it as I was able to fit it in my schedule. Intern was very straight forward. 30 minutes with two recent grads from my university. Got an email later that day saying I was selected for the second round (seemed a bit fast to me?). I scheduled that for their Deerfield headquarters a week later. That interview included an easy Microsoft Excel test, and then two thirty minute interviews. Again, nothing difficult. I left the interview feeling confident yet I never heard back from them and it has since been 6 months since my interview and I have accepted a position with a different firm. I emailed everyone thank you notes after the interview and further sent an email months later to follow up just because I was curious but was never responded to. To take the time to go interview with a company and never hear back is ridiculous. Not a business I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• I dont even remember it was so long ago. Some behavioral, some case questions.   Answer Question

Walgreens Response

May 3, 2017 – HR

Thanks for posting. We’ll be sure the right people know about this so they can take a closer look.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a behavioral based interview process. There was a group of people who were interviewing me and they ask specific questions each intern. Once I answered my question they been rated my hands are in their document.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you came up with a creative solution to a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR = Horrible.
    The HR recruiter cut me off while I answered her questions.
    The series of questions were duplicative - just felt like she didn't listen to my answers or read questions. It was as if she was too focused on writing every word I said, rather than having a conversation with me about the role and my experience. She kept asking me my past salary for every job listed on my resume, she needed exact numbers.
    I learned nothing about the role, apart from what was in the job description, I got nothing on the culture of the company, team, people- as she stated " that is too hard to answer"

Interview Questions

• How much do you currently make?
      How much did you make at your other role?
      And how much did you make at the other?
      Why do you think you are a fit for this role?
      What makes you a fit for the role?
      What challenges have you faced in your role?
      Has there been a time where you had a challenging moment at work? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a recruiter, instantly had an on-site interview. Sat through 3 panel interviews with focuses on behavioral, management style, and technical questions. Very straightforward and succinct. Very smart people looking to hire the right talent for the future.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with multiple stakeholders to solve a common issue. How did you manage the complexity, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I worked for them since high school so I never did a formal interview at the retail level. If you apply for a corporate job, I did many and what they are lacking is the letter or a phone call to tell you if you that they decided to go with another candidate. The least they could do is that. Never got any type of letter therefore I assumed the answer was no. It would be nice to be treated as a human and not just another person that works there.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and friendly. I was greeted warmly when I arrived and by everyone that interviewed me. I thought the questions were very thoughtful and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to ask someone or a group to do something challenging. How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Talent Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. A structured interview with a mix of company fit questions and behavioral interview questions. I was asked to share specific examples of where I encountered and overcame different challenges or where I exhibited specific skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a co-worker to improve their idea and implement it?   Answer Question