Walgreens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

2,241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple weeks later, I went directly to the store and asked about my application status. An interview was set up for the following week.

Basic, laid back interview with quite a bit of questions concerning specific instances in my life and how I overcame a particular problem. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation? etc   1 Answer
    • When is a time you had to switch between tasks? etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very difficult interview, was interviewed by assistant manager but store manager was also present. They had a list of categories each having a different set of questions. Was questioned first on my resume and past job experiences then asked about 5-10 customer service questions which were very lengthy and difficult. More questions asked, can't recall though.

Interview Questions

• Why Walgreens?   Answer Question
    • Do you know the pay/position you applied for?   1 Answer
    • A time you helped someone having trouble, how did you approach problem, how did they react?   Answer Question
    • You notice a coworker having trouble completing their tasks because not feeling well, what would you do, how would you approach situation, what response are you hoping to get?   Answer Question
    • A time you were inspired(dont remember word?) by something. What was the cause and what was the effect from it? (I did not word correctly but it was awkwardly structured/said. I believe I made it simpler)   Answer Question

Interview

Situation. Action. Outcome. Very detailed description required for good interview feedback. Be personable and dress appropriately for position you want. Brag about yourself and let them know what you have done.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about leveraging your team to help you reach efficient results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day, and scheduled an interview the following day. Manager was very funny, chill, and upfront about what he was looking for. Although this was only my second interview ever, I wasn't nervous at all thanks to him. I was told straight up that I was most likely going to be hired. Three days later, I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • How would you make a customer feel welcomed?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to build a relationship with someone in order to gain his or her trust   Answer Question
    • If you were stocking shelves and saw someone that looked like he or she needed help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Garden City, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online to Walgreens a week ago, and called the store a few days later to check on my application status. The assistant store manager scheduled an interview 3 days later. Day of the interview I was greeted by the ASM, I had to sit and wait a few minutes because he was busy with a phone call. About 10 mins later he called me over and he brought me to the back of the store, the actual store manager was there waiting for me and both the ASM and SM interviewed me at the same time in the same room. Both were really nice, it wasn't intense or anything. We actually laughed a few times and it was more of a discussion than an interview. I've had prior experience from Duane Reade so I wasn't really that nervous. After the interview they said they would contact me in a few days with their decision. Literally the next day, the day after the interview I got a call back saying I got the job! They said I will get an email about doing a drug test and then move forward with the hiring process!

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I didn't get an interview. This is the second time that I have applied for this position so I do wonder how often they turn over Recruiters. I have 30 years experience in recruiting, an undergrad degree, and 20 years experience in healthcare recruiting. It's August 2017 and the market is hot for employees looking for work. So, since I received my second "thanks but not thanks" email after not getting an interview, I can only assume that they either don't want older employees or are unwilling to pay for seasoned talent. Makes me realize why my local Walgreens 2 blocks from my home has constant changed in their management staff.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Herndon, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Face to Face interview. They asked five questions according to their company protocol for interview. There were two interviewers. Both are very friendly in nature. Overall, good interview experience at Walgreens.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Will ask the general questions of an interview. What are your professional strengths, what are your weaknesses. Will ask you to describe a situation where you had to solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional strengths?   1 Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Interview

Inside promotion . Not a real interview just talk to management and decided to move up in the company. I had to fill out a new application for the new position though.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and called a couple days later to follow up on the application. The first time I called, the lady said she was going to send me an email with a link to an assessment that I had to take. I got the email, but there was no link so I had to call her back to tell her that. She said she would resend the email to me in 30 mins. I kept going back to check and got no email so I assumed she wasn't interested anymore.
    About an hour later I got a phone call from her asking me if I can come for an interview.

The interview was standard and basic. I had to wait for a bit while the lady was printing out the questions. She said that Walgreens had a new and more simple hiring process.
    She asked me questions off the paper and wrote down my responses. The very last question was about my availability and I told her I was not available weekends. She said that Walgreens requires me to work some weekends so that made me a little iffy. She also said that the first year of employment new hires had to work all holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. After that the employee can choose to work either Thanksgiving or Christmas, but they didn't have to work both. I was very surprised by this. For the most part, nobody should be working on the holidays. It's a time to be spent with loved ones. At the very least the company should give everybody Christmas off. I wasn't sure if I still wanted the position with this company after hearing that.

Interview Questions

• Why Walgreens?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to give advice or help out a coworker and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How would you make a customer feel welcomed at Walgreens?   1 Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

Very straight forward questions with the store manager and the pharmacy manager. Talked about hours, staffing, qualifications, Pros and cons of the job. Retail being fast paced, multi tasking and working with others

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Walgreens for my Pharmacy choice   1 Answer