Walgreens Assistant Manager-Walgreens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Manager-Walgreens Interview Questions

2.8

Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Store Manager and 2 more managers. They asked a series of behavioral questions such as case-situation scenarios. Example: what would you do if a employee has an argument with a client?. Also they asked me about my strengths and weaknesses and give an example.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Miami, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

I was job hunting after graduating college and my husband had a friend who was an EXA at walgreens. I was asked to come in ad fill out the application and assessment for the position. The process is such that after you fill out the application, depending on the district, you have to interview with at least 2 store managers and if they like you, they recommend you to the district manager who will finally make the decision to hire you. You go take the drug test, they run a background test, and once you pass, you go into the store and they offer you a wage, if you accept, then you continue to fill out the necessary employment paperwork and off you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with irate customers, give an example and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much negotiations in the process as their pay scale is pretty much above average compared to other retail stores. You must be able to offer a very flexible time, definitely no negotiations there, unless you go to school, then they will give you a shift according to your class schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2008.

Interview

Dressed for success and turned in my resume at a 24hr store. Manager asked me a few questions and scheduled an interview a few days later. Asked situational questions and job experiences. Then he started talking about himself and all the money he makes. I acted like that was impressive. He told me that he would turn the results over to the DM.

A few days later I interview with the DM. Same questions. I thought it was easy. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If a woman comes into the store and says that the pharmacy gave her the wrong meds and that her child is sick because of it, what is the first thing you do?   1 Answer
    • Worst and best customer situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Assistant Manager-Walgreens Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2008.

Interview

After I applied online I went to the interview, which was held at the University. I interviewed with the District Manager and provided him with a copy of my resume. He asked me a series of questions such as what did I think was the role of the manager? When did the managers job stop?, Why did I want to become a manager?, etc. I took a few moments after each question was asked to think about how I would reply to the question and then explained each answer as in my own words and was as concise as possible. I heard from the company about a week to a week and a half after my interview by email.