Walgreens Assistant MANAGER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant MANAGER Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.8

200 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online, assessment and virtual interview. About a week later I recieved an email from the store manager to call her in regards to the application. The manager seems nice and I have an interview tomorrow 10/30/17 hopefully it goes well and i dont have to go through anymore interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve conflict within the group that you supervised?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Alexandria, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

This is only for the virtual interview, I haven't had an in person interview yet. It was 5 questions, and you'd get the questions one at a time, you'd have 30 seconds after the guy in the video finished asking the question to formulate a response. I felt far less comfortable with this than I would have in an actual interview. I'd read some of the interview questions on here and had prepared some responses. But it still felt very forced an unnatural. Most of the questions were on here just worded slightly differently, except for the one below. I submitted my interview last weekend and have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a team mate had a great idea and how did you help implement it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Apply for the position or get nominated by your Store Manager. Window is only open for a small period once a year, if you don't get the job you have to wait an entire year before you even have the chance to go for it again. Interviewers were other local Store Managers, very rigid, not a lot of eye contact, in a tiny room that resembled an interrogation room.

Interview Questions

• What was a circumstance where you had trouble with a specific employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Miami, FL).

Interview

Prior to applying for the position, I worked for 5 years as a cashier for Walgreens. My store manager at the time, helped me with getting into the Assistant Manager Trainee program, and the process took about a week. Because I was already in the system, the transition from cashier to assistant manager trainee happened instantly.

Interview Questions

Interview

Situation. Action. Outcome. Very detailed description required for good interview feedback. Be personable and dress appropriately for position you want. Brag about yourself and let them know what you have done.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about leveraging your team to help you reach efficient results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy, not too complicated. They will ask about your background and then give toh scenarios. Pretty comfortable and easy. The process is still going on becayse they had issues with their website. So they hired meas a shift lead, but will promote to ASMT this week.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 managers. Was asked 10 questions and they took lots of notes. I was called about 10 days later to come in for a "second interview". But when I walked in, there was no interview. He just told me my approximate start date and sent me out for the drug test after I filled out another form online in the office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked almost all the STAR questions listed here, along with "Describe a time when you provided feedback, what was it like, and what did you learn about yourself?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me and took turns asking questions. There were about 8 scripted questions in total and afterward asked some general questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes and both of the interviewers seemed decently laid back. The dress was casual so I only wore a button-down shirt and khakis. Overall a pretty relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to assist and calm down an angry customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pineville, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job Jan 25 2017, called for an interview Feb 3, 2017 and interviewed Feb 6, 2017. Store manager and assistant manager interviewed me and asked various questions. They were very polite and friendly. I received a job offer that following Monday February 13th.

Interview Questions

• Detailed job description and duties.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The worst interview ever!!!!! I scheduled an interview from career site of my university. When I was in the scheduled interview location, the company did not show up at all and they did not even schedule for an interview. After 10 minutes waiting, I told the front desk to follow up whether or not they were there. Unsurprisingly, the company never showed up.