Walgreens Manager Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

192 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 managers. Was asked 10 questions and they took lots of notes. I was called about 10 days later to come in for a "second interview". But when I walked in, there was no interview. He just told me my approximate start date and sent me out for the drug test after I filled out another form online in the office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked almost all the STAR questions listed here, along with "Describe a time when you provided feedback, what was it like, and what did you learn about yourself?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me and took turns asking questions. There were about 8 scripted questions in total and afterward asked some general questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes and both of the interviewers seemed decently laid back. The dress was casual so I only wore a button-down shirt and khakis. Overall a pretty relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to assist and calm down an angry customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pineville, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job Jan 25 2017, called for an interview Feb 3, 2017 and interviewed Feb 6, 2017. Store manager and assistant manager interviewed me and asked various questions. They were very polite and friendly. I received a job offer that following Monday February 13th.

Interview Questions

• Detailed job description and duties.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The worst interview ever!!!!! I scheduled an interview from career site of my university. When I was in the scheduled interview location, the company did not show up at all and they did not even schedule for an interview. After 10 minutes waiting, I told the front desk to follow up whether or not they were there. Unsurprisingly, the company never showed up.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Redding, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was an easy process and the managers were very excited to talk with me. three managers interviewed me for 30 mins. in all I left with a good sense of the companies expectations and duties of the job in questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cary, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in the store with me and two other store managers. They asked me 10 total questions, all of which were behavioral style scenarios that I had to put myself in. I answered them quickly and it only lasted about 8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used store financial data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two managers conducted the interview and asked me mainly about my life and the experiences I had gone through -- the people I had helped along the way, the choices I had made in certain situations, etc. They wanted to gauge what kind of person I was -- to ascertain whether I was a reliable, motivated, and committed individual.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped someone in need? What was the situation, and what did you do for them in order to resolve any problems?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. It was a very formal and structured interview that took place in the office of the store in which I was working at the time, so it helped that it was a familiar environment. The interview consisted of around 10 behavioral questions. From what I can recall, each question gave a loose prompt or loose description of a situation such a as making a difficult decision as a manager, working in a team, implementing innovative strategies, etc., and in each case you have to describe a specific example of a situation from your personal experience that applies to the prompt. For me, it lasted around 20-25 minutes (just the formal 10 questions). Immediately after, the district manager gave me feedback about how I interviewed right on the spot. The main advice I would have for somebody going in to an interview for this position- is have a LOT of personal and detailed example ready to go. The more details- the better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you overcame in a management position; describe a new stragegy you implemented to help your team (most questions ask about your management experience, in one way or another)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed in a board room by two district managers. The managers had a list of behavioral questions that they wanted me to answer. Since I prepared by practicing behavioral questions, most of the questions were easy to answer. Based on their comments and expressions, i was giving the right answers every time.

I received a phone call about a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had rally support for something you did not want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took about a total of two weeks. Was interviewed by three store managers during the first and second interview. Get on glass door and study up on the questions. Dress professionally, eye contact, firm handshake, and personality go a long way. Relax! Gods got you 😀

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the questions are behavioral. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you handle and angry customer? Tell me about your experience. What is your motivation. What is your weakness?   1 Answer