Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online, had to do the in store test, got a call from a different store but only wanted the location I applied for, they called me and set up a interview.

Interview Questions

• Had a set list of questions and then just some general questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy and laid back! The interviewer (one of the managers I think) interviewed me and told me what a typical day consist of in the pharmacy or on register. He said they were in need of cashiers and pharmacy techs. Hired me on the spot after a few scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out application online then went to Walgreens to complete another online assessment and introduce myself to the store manager. About a week later I was called by pharmacy manager for interview. Interview was very structured and not very relaxed feeling. Work environment seemed very strict and pharmacy manager said he will need someone to work nights and weekends and explained that calling in is basically unacceptable unless it's an emergency. Said he would likely want me to work on the regular Walgreens floor first then bring me into pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in pharmacy? What is it about working in a pharmacy that interests you, other than starting a new career for yourself? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How would you handle the customers knowing that many will be not feeling well? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY).

Interview

Very Easy. It took up to 2 weeks. You interview, take a urine test and background check. And if that comes back clean choose a day to start work. Very short. It was maybe 10 mins max

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've ever had problems in the work place and how were they resolved?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in to the store for part 2 of the assessment. I received a call the next day and had the interview in the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to communicate with a customer and encountered a language barrier. Explain how you dealt with it and how you know that you were successful.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you showed exemplary customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to show your flexibility and explain how you know you were successful   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to go the website of Walgreens and fill out their applications online. After you have done this, you up load your resume. You may also chose to summit a letter of reference, which can also be upload, I think. Whatever you do, please to make sure you submit a valid email address you can be reached with. They will contact you, via email, if they are interested in you. Good luck in your pursuit of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was fun. They are very nice and humble people. They Did not ask me too many questions. I told them about my previous job experience, and they were sold

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cleveland, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I was a very short interview standard interview questions. The interview lasted for 20 minutes at the most she seemed really busy or just ready to go home as it was late in the day. She had a nice demeanor and I felt very comfortable with her.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with a customer that had a difficult time understanding you?
      How do you handle difficult customers?
      Why Walgreens?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Espanola, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Espanola, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in and interviewed with pharmacy manager and another store manager. The interview was long and they had many questions. They gave me the usual rundown on pay, benefits, etc... I was a little nervous and they were nice enough. Pretty sure I bombed a couple questions but you have to go on. The interview was about 30 minutes. Still no call back, I'm sad noticing most people get hired on the spot.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

Online has 3 parts. In store has another 3 or so. It's very time consuming and you have to be sure to check back on your application a couple of times to continue advancing through it.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had good results"   1 Answer