Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.3

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Augusta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. They will have you answer six behavioral asssesment questions. Answer them as honestly as possible and show that you are willing to learn. You will be required to be issue a background check and a drug test for full consideration of employment. I was told the background check can take anywhere from 2 days to a week.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process actually ended up being a bunch of different interviews at different locations. Skills review for the ASMT position was conducted on the very first interview due to qualifications and education. Ultimately, after over a month, what was offered was a floating SFL position, which will initially involve floating around between four different stores.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

1-apply online
    2-fill online question
    3-interview
    4-background check (2weeks)
    It is very easy interview with store manager or most likely store assist manager , go to the store and check with manager if you get the job or not , if they want you less than a week they will let you know but during this time you can check it personaly to , show you care ! You are submissive and nice ! With nice smile , and you have flexible schadule , you work hard and ready to work in any section

Interview Questions

• Do you have flexible schedule?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about one of your customer service expriances   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your last job that you had   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX).

Interview

talk with the manager if he likes you the you go for a drug test after the drug test you wait another two week for a second interview and then if liked you will get a training schedule of three days

Shift Floor Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Terrible process from the beginning to end. I applied online on a job site, then was contacted by management to apply at walgreens.com/careers. Upon completion, I was then told that I needed to finish the application process in the store. Did so a couple days later and was told to await a phone call if there was interest. A few days later I was contacted and had an interview setup. The interview went smoothly and was asked of I would was interested in the position. I replied with a "yes" and was told I would be sent to submit a drug and background check. Was told the process can take about a week. Upon taking and passing the drug test, the manager contacted me about 10 days after and stated that there was some sort of "issue" or "bug" preventing them to forward the background check. Stated that it was on their end and asked if I was still interested in the position. I again replied with a "yes." Another week goes by, I then hear from the manager again. This time they state I need to go back into the application and complete another section to proceed with the background. I do so and was offered the position on the spot. In fact, to even proceed on, tou have to accept the position to enable the background to go through. Was told that it would take 5 days and then I could start. Was asked when a good time to start was. I replied with "ASAP" as I had turned down multiple job offers at this point anticipating that this job offer was concrete. Literally 2 weeks go by with no contact, so I called the store and was told the Manager was out, but a message would be relayed. A week later I call again and finally get clarity. The Manager stated that all management positions were "on hold." Rather than ask why, since at this point I was beyond aggrevated, I just chalked it up as Walgreen's hiring process being a joke. Keep in mind, I have absolutely NO criminal background whatsoever. It took me contacting management rather than them contacting me after I was offered the position. This manner was not timely at all. I find this particular manager to have absolutely no professionalism. How does one offer a candidate a job knowing they've accepted it and are waiting to start? This process was literally almost 6 weeks. I turned down multiple offers, as stated before because I am a loyal person and accepted an offer. I do not recommend anyone apply to a job with this company. Absolutely the worst hiring experience in the 15+ years that I have been working.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Manager read questions from a company made list. Asked very few off the cuff questions. It felt like he was in hurry Just to get someone hired rather than getting the right person hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in November 2015.

Interview

Typical interview for a retail job. First I had to finish the second part of the skills test then got interviewed and based on the skills test results got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a project where you took initiative and what did you do   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Interview

They ask you basic questions that really will not be useful in the line of work. They pay you nothing compared to what you should be really making. Walgreens has no real interest in the career outlook of its employees. They just use people and go to the next when you want a pay raise

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (College Station, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I didn't even get a phone call. I was already a beauty advisor at Walgreens and I applied when the job notification went up by the time clock. She called my store manager within 12 hours of me completing the application and set up the interview through her. When I got there, she spent about an hour talking to me. She asked typical 2 to 3 part questions that require a short story to answer them. Be sure you answer all parts of the question. She offered me the job on the spot. Worked at Walgreens for almost 8 months prior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had an unhappy customer, what did you do, and what was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mantua, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Mantua, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online then completing a second part of the application online I received a call requesting an interview. Because the application was so thorough there was not a lot of the standard interview questioning. I met with the store manager who lead a normal conversation to get to know me and assess whether or not I was fit for the position.