Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Twinsburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an ASMT online and about a week later I got a call from the Store Manager inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. I went in and he asked me about my background (4 years of retail and customer service), a little bit about myself, and then he went into 10 situational questions. If you have background in retail, the questions really aren't complicated. The questions are behavioral and are in relation to customer service, coworkers, time management, and organization. (Another review had more questions than what I remember so I would look at those too) The store manager said I seemed like a great fit for the company, especially considering my background. He told me I had to interview with another store manager before the job would be offered. The other store manager called me two hours later and invited me to interview the next day. He asked the same questions, and halfway through he stopped and said he had heard enough and that I was perfect for the job. He offered me the position.

The second store manager explained the process, I would have to get drug tested and get a background check, which I would do the following day (day 3). After that is approved, there would be two weeks at his store for training and then I would go back to the first store for my position. The position is hourly to start and after a couple months, and one training seminar, it would be a salary position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?
      Describe a time you had to deal with a hostile customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Describe a time you had a big project and a tight deadline?
      Describe a time you had to explain company policy to a customer that doesn't want to listen, what did you do, what was the outcome?
      Explain a time you had to motivate employees to work?
      Explain a time you had to give feedback to a coworker?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, $16 hourly

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2016.

Interview

I went in for my first interview, and he made me think it went really well. He was really nice, talking to me like I was already hired and asked me to come back to fill out the application and take the assessment. I went back the next day for an hour and a half to complete the application and assessment. After I was finished, he told me he would definitely call me back either way. I didn't hear back but I did notice that they reposted the job ad on indeed the same day I went in for my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Westminster, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

very friendly, in front of a store manager and an assistant store manager, asked about why i wanted to work for them and what kind of experience i had related to this job,

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to convince your team to complete an undesirable job? and how you convinced them?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Riverside, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

6 behavioral questions, you must answer them very carefully and give alot of detail. in your answer they will tell if you are fit for the job or not. There is two guys interviewing you so just make sure you prepare well enough. They gave me feeedback on my interview because they knew they were not going to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you listened and communicated effectively   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I first applied through the University and I got an email to meet with two of the district managers in a private room. The interview lasted 30 minutes going back and forth from each manager asking questions. They were friendly and easy to talk to. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Hard interview with dm,alot of situation questions.What would u do,how would u resolve,how did u train certain team members in completing a project,angry customers,happy customers,resets.Working with new team members and how u coached them in difficult times

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Store Managers. Questions were scenario based. I asked questions relating to the position as we went along. Be confidant and speak clearly. Remember, they want to hire you because they need to fill the position, give them a reason to do so. Its and interview not an interrogation so ask questions and view it as a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and your Store Manager disagreed on a task, How did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Trainee, Community Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal and was selected for the interview. It took place within the campus and I was interviewed by a manager. He was very professional, asked a couple of behavioral questions and answered my questions about the role and the company. However, he said the company doesn't offer internship/trainee opportunity to students on visa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and a couple of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in December 2015.

Interview

After completing the LEAP (ASM-T) class, emails are made by the District Manager to store managers of all eligible ASM-T's to meet with a specified (usually veteran) store manager for an interview. The Interviewing manager contacts you and sets up a time and store to meet. You meet for about 30 to 40 minutes for the interview. Once all interviews are completed, the manager submits their ratings to the DM. After about 2 weeks, those who did not make it receive their call first, then those who did make it are made offers. You can improve your chances by having the blessing of your store manager and PTCB (National Pharmacy Tech) license.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to have a hard/difficult conversation with an employee. Describe the situation, what was the outcome and how do you know it was successful.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager-Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Madison, WI).

Interview

I interviewed at the district office with two community leaders and another manager. They ask 10 questions and all responses should be SBO--describe the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to train someone to do a difficult task. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question