Walgreens Part Time Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

200 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Redding, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was an easy process and the managers were very excited to talk with me. three managers interviewed me for 30 mins. in all I left with a good sense of the companies expectations and duties of the job in questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Cary, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in the store with me and two other store managers. They asked me 10 total questions, all of which were behavioral style scenarios that I had to put myself in. I answered them quickly and it only lasted about 8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used store financial data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two managers conducted the interview and asked me mainly about my life and the experiences I had gone through -- the people I had helped along the way, the choices I had made in certain situations, etc. They wanted to gauge what kind of person I was -- to ascertain whether I was a reliable, motivated, and committed individual.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped someone in need? What was the situation, and what did you do for them in order to resolve any problems?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. It was a very formal and structured interview that took place in the office of the store in which I was working at the time, so it helped that it was a familiar environment. The interview consisted of around 10 behavioral questions. From what I can recall, each question gave a loose prompt or loose description of a situation such a as making a difficult decision as a manager, working in a team, implementing innovative strategies, etc., and in each case you have to describe a specific example of a situation from your personal experience that applies to the prompt. For me, it lasted around 20-25 minutes (just the formal 10 questions). Immediately after, the district manager gave me feedback about how I interviewed right on the spot. The main advice I would have for somebody going in to an interview for this position- is have a LOT of personal and detailed example ready to go. The more details- the better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you overcame in a management position; describe a new stragegy you implemented to help your team (most questions ask about your management experience, in one way or another)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed in a board room by two district managers. The managers had a list of behavioral questions that they wanted me to answer. Since I prepared by practicing behavioral questions, most of the questions were easy to answer. Based on their comments and expressions, i was giving the right answers every time.

I received a phone call about a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had rally support for something you did not want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took about a total of two weeks. Was interviewed by three store managers during the first and second interview. Get on glass door and study up on the questions. Dress professionally, eye contact, firm handshake, and personality go a long way. Relax! Gods got you 😀

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the questions are behavioral. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you handle and angry customer? Tell me about your experience. What is your motivation. What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

I net with the district manager. Then 3-4 months later a store manager. I was hired at the end of the interview. Both interviews were very informal and did not ask difficult questions. They were just looking for warm bodies to close the store. My interview preparation was unnecessary. The sore manager did help me find and apartment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Approximately ten to fifteen situational based questions lasting less than an hour.
    Situation, action, result.
    Two interviewees. Took a little less than an hour. Time for question and answer period. Easy. I feel like upper management does make an effort to place people based on specific store demand and what the indidvidual can bring to that store dynamic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Name a time when you had to train an employee.
      Name a time when you had to accomplish mutliple tasks with a short deadline.   Answer Question

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saginaw, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to be promoted from within, but the interview process is the same, regardless of whether you are an internal or external applicant. I was interviewed by two Store Managers. There is supposed to be a District Manager present, but Walgreens is big on delegation, /9 you may sit down with two Store Managers. Walgreens has a typical SAO (Situation, Action, Outcome) format that is easy if you've been in enough situations and have good recall. They will generally ask some questions about your application- more details about your experience- and then proceed with the questions. There are usually 8-10 questions. Be as specific as possible, as most interviewers will not ask for more details if they need them, but will mark you off for not giving them all the detail they need. You are scored 1-5 for different parts of the same question, with 5 being the highest; then those different parts are averaged out for 1-5 for the entire question; the questions are then averaged out for the entire interview (also 1-5). Based on the average for the entire interview, you are rated 1-5, and this score factors heavily into whether you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to explain a difficult process or procedure to an employee who you needed to spend extra time with to teach. What was the situation, how did you respond, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.   Answer Question