Walgreens Part Time Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saginaw, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to be promoted from within, but the interview process is the same, regardless of whether you are an internal or external applicant. I was interviewed by two Store Managers. There is supposed to be a District Manager present, but Walgreens is big on delegation, /9 you may sit down with two Store Managers. Walgreens has a typical SAO (Situation, Action, Outcome) format that is easy if you've been in enough situations and have good recall. They will generally ask some questions about your application- more details about your experience- and then proceed with the questions. There are usually 8-10 questions. Be as specific as possible, as most interviewers will not ask for more details if they need them, but will mark you off for not giving them all the detail they need. You are scored 1-5 for different parts of the same question, with 5 being the highest; then those different parts are averaged out for 1-5 for the entire question; the questions are then averaged out for the entire interview (also 1-5). Based on the average for the entire interview, you are rated 1-5, and this score factors heavily into whether you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to explain a difficult process or procedure to an employee who you needed to spend extra time with to teach. What was the situation, how did you respond, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Twinsburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an ASMT online and about a week later I got a call from the Store Manager inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. I went in and he asked me about my background (4 years of retail and customer service), a little bit about myself, and then he went into 10 situational questions. If you have background in retail, the questions really aren't complicated. The questions are behavioral and are in relation to customer service, coworkers, time management, and organization. (Another review had more questions than what I remember so I would look at those too) The store manager said I seemed like a great fit for the company, especially considering my background. He told me I had to interview with another store manager before the job would be offered. The other store manager called me two hours later and invited me to interview the next day. He asked the same questions, and halfway through he stopped and said he had heard enough and that I was perfect for the job. He offered me the position.

The second store manager explained the process, I would have to get drug tested and get a background check, which I would do the following day (day 3). After that is approved, there would be two weeks at his store for training and then I would go back to the first store for my position. The position is hourly to start and after a couple months, and one training seminar, it would be a salary position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?
      Describe a time you had to deal with a hostile customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Describe a time you had a big project and a tight deadline?
      Describe a time you had to explain company policy to a customer that doesn't want to listen, what did you do, what was the outcome?
      Explain a time you had to motivate employees to work?
      Explain a time you had to give feedback to a coworker?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, $16 hourly

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2016.

Interview

I went in for my first interview, and he made me think it went really well. He was really nice, talking to me like I was already hired and asked me to come back to fill out the application and take the assessment. I went back the next day for an hour and a half to complete the application and assessment. After I was finished, he told me he would definitely call me back either way. I didn't hear back but I did notice that they reposted the job ad on indeed the same day I went in for my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Westminster, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

very friendly, in front of a store manager and an assistant store manager, asked about why i wanted to work for them and what kind of experience i had related to this job,

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to convince your team to complete an undesirable job? and how you convinced them?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Riverside, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

6 behavioral questions, you must answer them very carefully and give alot of detail. in your answer they will tell if you are fit for the job or not. There is two guys interviewing you so just make sure you prepare well enough. They gave me feeedback on my interview because they knew they were not going to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you listened and communicated effectively   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I first applied through the University and I got an email to meet with two of the district managers in a private room. The interview lasted 30 minutes going back and forth from each manager asking questions. They were friendly and easy to talk to. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Hard interview with dm,alot of situation questions.What would u do,how would u resolve,how did u train certain team members in completing a project,angry customers,happy customers,resets.Working with new team members and how u coached them in difficult times

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Store Managers. Questions were scenario based. I asked questions relating to the position as we went along. Be confidant and speak clearly. Remember, they want to hire you because they need to fill the position, give them a reason to do so. Its and interview not an interrogation so ask questions and view it as a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and your Store Manager disagreed on a task, How did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Trainee, Community Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal and was selected for the interview. It took place within the campus and I was interviewed by a manager. He was very professional, asked a couple of behavioral questions and answered my questions about the role and the company. However, he said the company doesn't offer internship/trainee opportunity to students on visa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and a couple of behavioral questions   Answer Question