Walgreens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017
2,244 Interview Reviews

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online to stores in my area and was contacted by a store I did not apply to, but was in need of staffing. I was invited for an interview on site, asked a few basic behavioral type questions, and was offered the position right away.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation with a difficult or uncooperative coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

i applied online. then i took a online exam. i was called in to be interviewed with the manager. they reviewed my resume. then talked about job duties and scheduling. i was told of the salary for the position and the benefits. had to submit to background check and drug test. was told they would contact me if i was selected for the position.

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by 2 in person interviews. The entire process spanned over about two and a half weeks and was relatively smooth. Management was quick to respond. Standard interview questions, interviews only lasted about 20 minutes each. Have to take situational questions test about customer relations

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest strengths, and one of your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process is far too involved for a position that compensates $8/hour. After completing an online application and survey, I was called in for an interview. In store, I had to complete a 30-40 minute questionnaire/personality quiz. I was interviewed by a Supervisor, then asked to come in on another day to be interviewed by the Store Manager. I was then told to secure the job I needed to take a drug test in the next town over.

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet up at the store with the Store Manager and a Store Manager from another store. A little bit of small talk and then straight to the questions (10), which are all Behavioral questions. You're always supposed to answer according to the STAR/SHARE method. From what I researched and my own experience, it is pretty structured so you have a good chance to nail it if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• question 0: Why Walgreens? It's an easy one, be sure to nail it.
      1- Describe a time when you had to explain (the organization) policies to a difficult client who didn't want to listen
      2 - Describe a time when you had to deal with a hostile client
      3 - Describe a time when your team members didn't want to collaborate to do a task, what did you do and what were the results.
      4 - Describe a time when you had to talk to a team member to let him/her know that you were getting customer's complaints (something like that)
      5 - Describe a time when you had to work on a large project and you didn't have enough manpower, what did you do
      6 - Describe a time you had a short deadline in a long process, how did you solve it.
      7 - Describe the most difficult decision you had to take in your organization.
      8 - Describe a time when you had to give feedback to a team member, how did you do it and what were the results.
      9- Describe a time when you use competition as a motivating tool without creating rough spots among the team
      10- Describe a time when you introduced changes in your job policies to get some improvement, what motivated you and what were the results.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Digital Interview. Some questions, you get 30 seconds to prepare, then, it will start filming you answering the question. There are about 5 questions like this. A few multiple choice and three essay questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with them independently.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a specific time you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kenosha, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I did an electronic assessment when I first applied, it was pretty easy some basic customer service multiple choice (how would you treat a customer etc...) also some math (how much change to give back) and also you look at some pictures of say, a receipt, and answer some multiple choice. Was on the computer, I did it in store, no time limit.
    few weeks later I got a call for an interview, I think if they call you for an interview you basically have the job, they mostly just asked when I could work and what they expected. It was my first job so no scenario quesions or previous experience questions (watch out for those if this isn't your first job). took about 15 min and I was done.

Interview Questions

• do you work well with other people at school such as classmates or teachers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short, I applied online, went to do the assessment in store then had my first and second interview on the same day. It was receiving the decision that took quite a while. Even after taking the drug test it took 2 more weeks in order for me to start.

Interview Questions

• Why Would like to work here ?
      Describe how you would handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Twinsburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an ASMT online and about a week later I got a call from the Store Manager inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. I went in and he asked me about my background (4 years of retail and customer service), a little bit about myself, and then he went into 10 situational questions. If you have background in retail, the questions really aren't complicated. The questions are behavioral and are in relation to customer service, coworkers, time management, and organization. (Another review had more questions than what I remember so I would look at those too) The store manager said I seemed like a great fit for the company, especially considering my background. He told me I had to interview with another store manager before the job would be offered. The other store manager called me two hours later and invited me to interview the next day. He asked the same questions, and halfway through he stopped and said he had heard enough and that I was perfect for the job. He offered me the position.

The second store manager explained the process, I would have to get drug tested and get a background check, which I would do the following day (day 3). After that is approved, there would be two weeks at his store for training and then I would go back to the first store for my position. The position is hourly to start and after a couple months, and one training seminar, it would be a salary position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?
      Describe a time you had to deal with a hostile customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?
      Describe a time you had a big project and a tight deadline?
      Describe a time you had to explain company policy to a customer that doesn't want to listen, what did you do, what was the outcome?
      Explain a time you had to motivate employees to work?
      Explain a time you had to give feedback to a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, $16 hourly

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I talked to a manger in the store and they told me to apply online and I did. After that I received a callback from my online application I went in for a face to face interview and was asked basic questions on handling customers in hostile situations, how well I work in a group, etc.

Then after that I was put on a computer where there were basic questions that I would come across as a cashier. Pictures of coupons and products were given and the question would be "The customer wants to use this coupon, is it acceptable" and the options would be yes-the product and expiration dates are acceptable, no-the product is the wrong size, no-the coupon is expired, etc.
    There were also questions regarding currency - if the customer's total is 16.87 and they give you a $20 what will their change be? and you had to pick the option that was correct change and the least amount of change, for example instead of 2 dimes and nickle, you choose a quarter.

Then after that I was dismissed and a few days later called back for training.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a situation you were able to overcome   Answer Question