Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Trainee, Community Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal and was selected for the interview. It took place within the campus and I was interviewed by a manager. He was very professional, asked a couple of behavioral questions and answered my questions about the role and the company. However, he said the company doesn't offer internship/trainee opportunity to students on visa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and a couple of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and In person interview with the store manager. The interview lasted about 45 mins. The questions were mostly how would you deal with customers and employees. Make sure you answer seriously and look the manager in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• How did u handle the situation with an upset customer and the solution to the problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in December 2015.

Interview

After completing the LEAP (ASM-T) class, emails are made by the District Manager to store managers of all eligible ASM-T's to meet with a specified (usually veteran) store manager for an interview. The Interviewing manager contacts you and sets up a time and store to meet. You meet for about 30 to 40 minutes for the interview. Once all interviews are completed, the manager submits their ratings to the DM. After about 2 weeks, those who did not make it receive their call first, then those who did make it are made offers. You can improve your chances by having the blessing of your store manager and PTCB (National Pharmacy Tech) license.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to have a hard/difficult conversation with an employee. Describe the situation, what was the outcome and how do you know it was successful.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager-Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Madison, WI).

Interview

I interviewed at the district office with two community leaders and another manager. They ask 10 questions and all responses should be SBO--describe the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to train someone to do a difficult task. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied on line in the store. Managers reviewed my application then I received a call about an interview with the week. I interviewed with 2 store managers. After interviewing with the store managers I had to go to the district office and interview with the DM

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

It took about a week for one of the store managers to call me In for a one on one interview. I studied everything online, simple questions to behavioral questions, and did not sleep the night before! I showed up an hour early, walked around the store, and let an employee know I was there for an interview. While waiting, a customer thought I worked there, she asked me to help her find something, so I agreed to help. Right after I finished helping her, my store manager walked up to me. Not sure whether she was a secret shopper but it was a really coincidence! Anyways, before he proceeded to ask my 10 questions, he asked ,"Why Walgreens?" Make sure you pass that in order to have an interview! He was really nice, but at the same time, knew what he was doing or supposed to be doing! I felt right at home but still didn't want to fully be my weird self! Out of 10 questions, none of it was studied for! They were questions that no one can duplicate the answers! I stuttered, used wrong grammars, but I was really honest with my answers. He kept saying " you are doing great. You are almost there." I was really grateful to have met him. At the end, he gave my feedbacks about my interview. He loved the facts that I was very happy, (smiling and laughing), and honest. He kept repeating the fact that being manager is not about sitting in the office doing paper work, but really gotta roll up your sleeves and grind. And, I have to prepare for retail working hours (weekend, holidays, etc). He was just so understanding! He started out as an associate too! He rated me from 1-5 per question and wrote down notes for his boss, District Manager. He told me right at the spot that he would offer the position, but he has to discuss with his boss too. I said I understand because there are procedures for everything and told him not to rush. He was just really an awesome manager! He called me back next day as promised and congratulated me. Sadly I will not be trained by him but by another store manager at a different location because it was closer to my house. I expressed that I was happy but kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to learn from him. I will be doing my drug test, back ground check, and everything tomorrow. My recommendations is to really be yourself but be smart about it. You are not talking to Your friends, you are talking to your future boss. Be honest. If you have commitment, eager to learn, and great customer service, you got well for a management role! You can do it!

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewing at Walgreens for this position was very quick and simple. The store manager asked a couple questions about myself and then asked a series of 10 situational questions where specifics are necessary. (example: describe a time when you had to give negative feedback to one of your employees..how did they respond, your approach, ect...)

The questions where regarding situations where one needed to have already been a manager of others - I didn't really find them relevant to a "trainee" position.

The only negative thing I find necessary to point out was that the store manager seemed to be in a hurry to get through the interview and didn't really seem to be engaged in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember word for word.. Describe a time when you were required to finish a layout reset by a specific deadline but were behind. What happened, did you finish on time, if so, how, ect..   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

You applied online. You took a comprehensive test that included a math assessment. After that you got called into an interview with a store manager. I was asked a series of STAR method questions. The interview process was about an hour long and was very bland. I had to be very detailed in every question that was presented to me. Me and the interviewer cliqued. I was told that I would have an interview with the district manager which never happened. I was hired a couple days later, went for a background and drug screen and was called 2 weeks later to start the position

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer, explain the situation etc. etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for ASMT, and took a math skills test. I must have passed that, as my DM called to set up an interview. I dressed for the occasion and drove to the store I would be interviewing with. I had 2 interviewers who took turns asking me questions. I had prepared by writing down a few example stories (experienced I had accumulated through various jobs, volunteering). It is a behavioral interview so be prepared to have a different kinda of stories. (Customer relations, coworker stories, etc) they asked me 9 questions and all in all, it took about 40 minutes.

I received a call two days later saying I got the job. Starting next week.

They used the SBO outline. (Situation, behavior, outcome) you must explain what happened in detail, the action you took, and the outcome it had. They ask you to use as much detail as possible as they grade you by points on how much you have covered the SBO guidelines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you motivated your teammates/coworkers to do something that you didn't necessarily believe in yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Durham, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

submitted application, scheduled interviewed, reviewed previous years performance and received confirmation I am qualified to continue with interview. I had to endure a behavioral assessment from two store managers and based on how well i responded to those questions, I either was given the job or ranked for next available opening.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle I difficult customer, describe the situation from beginning to end and then describe the outcome.   Answer Question