Walgreens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,217 Interview Reviews

2.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January. Phone interview with HR in February. Phone interview with hiring manager in March. Interview in person with 5 managers including hiring manager in April. Final interview with 2 senior directors in May. The interview process is very long and the HR is not prompt and most of the times unresponsive to the requested updates/follow up emails. HR has never kept me informed during the whole process, never met with promises on dates that he was supposed to contact me with updates, forgot to send the confirmation email containing instructions of the interview, date, time, interviewers names, etc. The worst HR I have experienced by far. If you have applied to a position in HQ, be advised that the process is VERY long and frustrating.

It's been 2 months from the final interview and I have not received even an automated email on the outcome, after 5 months of interview process and hours of preparing for the interviews and interviewing. Disrespectful, unprofessional and rude.

The interviews are based on your experience and behaviors.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Wauwatosa, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager just asked me a couple questions and asked me to show her pictures of my work. And I think they prefer someone that's a cosmetologist or esthetician

Interview Questions

• J didn't have a difficult time with the questions asked.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me and took turns asking questions. There were about 8 scripted questions in total and afterward asked some general questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes and both of the interviewers seemed decently laid back. The dress was casual so I only wore a button-down shirt and khakis. Overall a pretty relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to assist and calm down an angry customer?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple took me a couple of weeks to hear back but the interview took no longer than 30 minutes and they ask u a lot of questions about ur future plans and situational questions

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

If you know someone you can get a job as long as you pass the assessment, which is knowing how to count money and have good customer service skills). Act like yourself and if you have genuine interest in customer service you will be okay.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple weeks later, I went directly to the store and asked about my application status. An interview was set up for the following week.

Basic, laid back interview with quite a bit of questions concerning specific instances in my life and how I overcame a particular problem. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation? etc   1 Answer
    • When is a time you had to switch between tasks? etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

An onsite computer exam about behavior questions and some easy pharmacy questions. You can take it as many times as you want until you pass it. After that, the pharmacy manager will give you an interview asking some basic behaviors questions and give you a prescription to see if you can read the hand writing on it.

Interview Questions

• What was one example that you had a challenge and how you deal with you?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview was a behavioral interview that asked you to tell a story recalling a time when you acted a certain way, solved a problem, or offered exceptional customer service. It was challenging to recall situations on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer...   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Weatherford, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Assistant manager gave a quick rundown of how the store/pharmacy operates. He advised that there were other candidates he still needed to interview but would make a decision within the week. Didn't go into detail about what the company offers as far as benefits, expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult customer or situation?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called into a store where I met a manager who took me to a computer. This 'interview' consisted entirely of questions on a computer. Many were mathematically based. I was told the managers would be reviewing applications/questionnaires and would be called back if the process was to go forward.

Interview Questions

• If a customer hands you this amount of dollar bills, how much do you owe the customer?   Answer Question