Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (El Paso, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

from beginning to end, you are started as shift lead, in this new structure. you prove yourself through development, actual onboarding. you are placed on a 90 day onboarding program, milestones have to be mastered and after a few months, are selected to attend leadership classes.

Interview Questions

• standard plan for success questions, where do you see yourself in 3yrs   1 Answer

Negotiation

promotion to next level is decided by DM. qualified candidates are selected to continue their leadership development. negotiation phase is, take it or past.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Brea, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a college recruiter from a networking event I attended. The recruiter contacted me a week after exchanging business cards. The interview was held at the district office in Brea, CA. The type of questions asked were all situational experiences from either previous work or school. The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. I believe the interview would have been better if specific questions about my interest were asked, although I expressed several at the end for further conversation.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you dealt with an unsatisfied customer; what was the problem, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Interviewed through my university's career center. Got asked 10 basic situational interview questions. Nothing difficult. There was only one interview, and a couple of weeks later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete a task with a short deadline. What was the task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Manager just wanted to see if I could handle upset customers and gauge my personality. She had a very basic star type interview at the beginning, and followed those 7 questions

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Traverse City, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about three days later. I was informed to complete a skill test at my nearest store -- when I arrived they said I had completed the skills test. The employees spent about 25 minutes not knowing what to do. Next, I called my contact and he told me my file was incomplete. A few days later, he asked me to come to a store for an interview. I arrived and was told they were running more than an hour behind. Finally, when I went into the interview (there was no apology or even mention of what happened) there were two people. They asked me 10 questions, situational, STAR answer types. They called me one week later to let me know they were making a decision in a few days. It took almost 2 weeks to follow up and they told me they had gone with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision you know would be unpopular.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an uncooperative member of your team.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Hiring process-drug test and background check. Interview-office, one person, regional manager. Haven't started my first day. Am I at thirty words yet? No I'm not. Let's see-you are competing against Walgreens shift leads as outsider. So know your stuff!! Use only retail references.

Interview Questions

• No dumb questions like strengths and weaknesses. Straight up grill. All the questions were situation, action, result.
      1. Tell me about a time were you had a difficult conversation with someone (performance critique is the best example) 2. Tell me about a time where you had a tight deadline and multiple things to do 3. Tell me about a time where you had a short deadline (one day, as opposed to question two which could stretch out) 4. Something about reviewing profit earned and using that knowledge to branch out into new areas (tanked that question obviously) 5. Tell me about a time where you had coach someone repeatedly 6. Tell me about a time where you critiqued someone's bad performance or teamwork. 7. Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to implement a plan in which even you did not agree with. That's all I remember.   1 Answer

Negotiation

16.00 per hour. You can be demoted to shift leader if you wish.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

A skills assessment followed by 10 behavioral questions in front of 4 senior managers. The skills assessment is online and was basic math and some practice invoicing. The behavioral questions were straight forward and not too difficult if you know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to large amount of work do get done. What did you do? What was the outcome? Etc.....   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

Interview

You have to do your interview with two store managers, and it's a behavioral interview. Then you have to go through another behavioral interview with the district manager. it's mostly about your previous customer service experiences and how you handle a difficult customer or situation

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a customer in pharmacy complaining that her prescription is not ready, Hou did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interview

lots of behavioral questions. be prepared to give well thought out answers. think about your past experiences in customer service and leadership positions. got an offer about a week later. knew right away though that i had gotten the position because they were asking for my availability.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Interview

Sat with the district manager who asked 10 questions. The interview took 1/2 hour. The interview was behavioral and had to be answered in the form of situation, behavior, outcome. I was only allowed to ask for the question to be repeated; the interviewer could not elaborate on questions. I was allowed to come back to questions if I could not think of an answer at the time. I did not have to wait long before they responded to let me know that I had received the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question