Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted an application in September and received a call for an interview in November. The interview was with the district manager and the HR manager. The interview questions were behavioral questions. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Executive Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Columbia, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview based on many situations with how you manage team members. There were also questions on customer service skills and training situations that you had with team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty communicating a task with a team member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Company is no longer hiring outside candidates for most management positions. If you they do, they force you to be an assistant before bringing you back to store manager if you were one before joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Store Managers ask their own questions for general staff. For management applicants, its ALL behavioral questions. You better understand the format, as they will fail you nearly instantly if you don't answer in the 3 part format they want; describe the experience, explain your action, tell us the outcome. Not hard, but you BETTER not forget the outcome after telling a long story.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Started as an MGT (position no longer exists) at $15.85/hr. Ending as an assistant manager at $23/hr

Certified Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Destin, FL).

Interview

I went through corporate recruiter. Then sent to a store to be interviewed by store manager. No questions out of ordinary, many of the managers started out at clerks and do not have college degree's, it is all promotion from within.

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is done by pay scale.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The process has probably changed by now, since the MGT position was eliminated, but I received a call from the district manager, and had two interviews with different store managers before my final interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager very non attentive during interview. Cell phone went off several times so she missed some answers that were given. It felt like the interview was over before it began. I was very shocked at the unprofessional attitude displayed by someone who holds such a high position there.

Certified Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Interview

Behavioral Interview - Standard " Tell me about a time questions" Use the S.T.A.R method to answer ..be as detailed as possible. I will list a few of the questions, but be prepared for more than what is listed.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you had trouble leading a project or team? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

-Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

-Tell me about a time you exceeded someone's expectations? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I became aware of the position through my university and I applied online. I then received a phone interview with a recruiter who was warm and friendly. A few weeks later I got scheduled for an in person interview in Deerfield. I had to take an Excel test at one building, then drive to a different building and interview with managers in the merchandising department. The interview was very robotic and the managers did not try to sell Walgreens as a company to me. It was a bad culture fit for me.

Interview Questions

• The analytics test was fine, but you can take the outcome in so many different directions it is difficult to be right.   Answer Question

Interview

It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Questions

• It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Basic process 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied   1 Answer