Walgreens Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Management Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.3

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a conflict with a coworker and if you resolved it. What did you learn from it? They expect 3 step detailed answers. be prepared for a panel interview.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just told me the pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was contacted by phone that a Management position was available for applicants to apply. After I applied, I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you faced a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tulsa, OK) in August 2008.

Interview

Walgreens initially contacted me by phone to set up an interview time. The interview was done at a 24 hour Walgreens store with the Store Manager. I had previous retail management experience so the interview lasted about 15 or 20 minutes, where he explained the company hours I would work what was expected and told me to spend some time thinking about the job and if I was still interested call him next week and he would set up a 2nd interview with a different store manager. I called him the next week and attended a 2nd interview and was offered the position. The second interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If needed would you be able to work any hours? How would you feel about mopping the floor or cleaning the restrooms if needed? Management will be expected to stock, hang signs, pull bays, learn the photo lab and pharmacy, does this sound like a position you would be able to do.   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job? Were you unhappy with current hours, or your current schedule.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They could not negotiate they had a set rate for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Riverside, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

after job fair got call for interview at university career center. Two mangers from different stores were there(most people went to 2 interviews guess i knocked them both out in one day). they each had a packet of papers with different questions on certain behavioral situations and boxes to check off depending on your response. They were both really friendly.

Have a few situation stories in mind, a time you lead a group of people, a time you may of a problem/disciplined some one in a group, a time you went above and beyond to help a customer. do some history research on the company and a few current events stories on Walgreens.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about walgreens   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called in for the interview few days before, and went in Friday morning. Interview was with two store managers, one from the store i applied to and one from another one in the district. Interview lasted around 30 min, and they asked a lot of basic questions about myself and why I came and what I thought the job was about. They also asked questions like, "tell me a time"...."when you went above and beyond for a customer".. etc. They really liked that I knew a lot about the company including the new pilot program for ordering online, so do a little research. They said they had 7 more interviews that day and had more the following week but will finish up by the following Friday. The following Friday at 9am I got the job offer, and got the paper work for the drug test. All in all it was a really smooth process.

Interview Questions

• I"tell me a time when..."...."when you went above and beyond for a customer".. etc.   Answer Question
    • "Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how was it resolved, and how is it now?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it =p

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through college board. Initial interviewed was held on campus and this interview lasted for about 30 mins. Questions were based on Behavioural type situations. eg. tell me about a time a customer had an issue and what did you do to resolve it? After this initial stage was sent to a Walgreens store to take a test. got called in about a week for a 2nd round of interview. The 2nd interview was at HQ in Los angeles.

Interview Questions

• If you find yourself in this situation what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo West, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pueblo West, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interview was simple. Mostly focused on "How would you relate this situation to your prior jobs experiences?" Asked a lot of my personal likes and dislikes. Wanted to know what my goal was joining the company and why I had applied. My general impression was a poor interview and far too simple to pass through.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

seemed political; it seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire; they paired up because of new people in position, they were vague on answering my questions

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Hired from outside of Walgreens. Normally they hire and promote from within. It is one on one in an office setting if not the hiring managers office. Find a common ground and you will find that the interview is a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Back ground, past responsibilities, able to perform the duties.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation coming into the management position. They pay you an hourly wage and you work your way up to Store Manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Very casual and experience in retail is a plus. The daily tasks are pretty simple and could be considered an entry level job. The HR recruiter also asked about what I would do in hypothetical scenarios with customers.