Walgreens Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

Two rounds of panel interviews with a cross section of employees. Second round was with Director level personnel to gauge cultural fit in the organization. Overall it was not very stressful as long as you have solid experience on which to fall back on.

Interview Questions

• Success in previous role was important. Ability to learn new things,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January. Phone interview with HR in February. Phone interview with hiring manager in March. Interview in person with 5 managers including hiring manager in April. Final interview with 2 senior directors in May. The interview process is very long and the HR is not prompt and most of the times unresponsive to the requested updates/follow up emails. HR has never kept me informed during the whole process, never met with promises on dates that he was supposed to contact me with updates, forgot to send the confirmation email containing instructions of the interview, date, time, interviewers names, etc. The worst HR I have experienced by far. If you have applied to a position in HQ, be advised that the process is VERY long and frustrating.

It's been 2 months from the final interview and I have not received even an automated email on the outcome, after 5 months of interview process and hours of preparing for the interviews and interviewing. Disrespectful, unprofessional and rude.

The interviews are based on your experience and behaviors.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process took over 4 months and there where 6 separate interviews conducted. The interviews where standard and had the basic interview questions. They really took time to make sure that you where a good fit for the department as well as the team placement. It worked out in my favor because the Department and team that I was placed in is a good fit for myself and my career goals.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

It is simple you apply on-line, you will need to go into the store for a second assessment, then the interview process begins. It should only take 45 minutes to complete. They may or may not call your references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You will be sent to do drug testing, a background check, credit check, and salary is sometimes negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Orland Park, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call shortly after asking to come in for an interview. The interview was about 25 minutes and there were various questions involved. The next day I received a call explaining that I had got the position and needed to come in to finalize paperwork and to complete a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some things about you? What experience do you have? What courses have I taken? What makes me a good fit for the position? I was also asked for various scenarios in which I came across a hard time and needed a solution to fix it. Another scenario where I had displayed good leadership skills, along with other scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Garland, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, Background check, Drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be chosen for the position.   1 Answer
    • Can I multi task effectively supervising more than one department w/ minimum of 2-15 employees   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in December 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was quick. I received a call within two weeks of submitting my application. I applied around the holiday's, so my interviews were two weeks apart. The interview was well scripted. I had two interviews (one with store managers and one with district manager). I would recommend to future candidates that you have in mind some great customer service stories to tell when you go in for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a base offer. No negotiation. Pay is above average.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in May 2008.

Interview

pretty simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did whatever i wanted