Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next morning for a Saturday interview. The interviewer was friendly. He asked five questions, all "give me an example of a time..." The interview itself lasted about half an hour, and half of that was him explaining the benefits and showing me around the pharmacy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Santa Fe Springs, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat with the pharmacy manager and the general manager asking several questions going back and forth. Interview lasted about 30 minutes in the conference room. I was nervous but as the interview progressed it got more relaxed. Just go in and breath and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you can jump to a conclusion but did not. What happened? What did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Miami Lakes, FL).

Interview

A lot of situational questions. Luckily the interviewer was from HR and really didn't have a clinical background. She was just writing my answers and nodding her head so it made me feel at ease.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted employer through previous employee. Set up time for interview. Went to interview. One on one with supervisor, took 1/2 hour. It was pleasant, we talked, traded ideas, and finished up.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

very casual and pleasant and the pharmacy supervisor vas very nice and put me at ease. Answered all my questions and concerns and very knowledgable about the company, e.g. Insurance, vacation time, sick pay, profit sharing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walgreens?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kansas City, KS) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviews are behavioral based questions. Nothing new or exciting, but they would prefer answers based on previous pharmacy experience. If you have no experience as a pharmacist yet, just draw from internship, rotation, or tech-work experience instead. This is a hoop to jump through. Unless you have a serious deficiency in your application or freak out in your interview, you will be hired. Turnover is usually very high in most districts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation attempted or needed. Walgreen's pays at the top or near the top of all retail salaries, and benefits are competitive or equal to other retail chains.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Interview

The interview took place at a school career fair in the midwest. Several companies were present and all you had to do to qualify for an interview was to simply sign up for a time slot. I interviewed with one person, a pharmacy (district) supervisor. The interviewer followed a structured set of question and none of the questions was unexpected. These are the questions I remember:
    Tell me a little bit about yourself.
    Why Walgreens? (I had researched the company very well and was able to state how many stores Walgreens has and how it is redefining health care.)
    Tell me about a time when you improved a process.
    Tell me about a time when you engaged a team to complete a project.
    Tell me about a time when you made a difference in a patient's life.
    Tell me about a time when you faced conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.
    The interview was not hard but be ready to answer these questions on the spot with a specific example OR to create a scenario on the spot.
    I was told that everyone would hear *yay* or *nay* within a month or so.
    My experience was overall positive except for not hearing a final answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Memphis, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview went well; mostly behavioral type situations. Make sure you have examples in mind. Also tighten up your resume before you interview. A simple thing as spell check may save your candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and got a email from the District Manager almost a month later. I spoke to the District Manager on the phone to get an idea of what is needed in that District; I scheduled an interview later in the week. I had a face to face interview where the manager used the Walgreens standardized interview questions; lots of situation based questions. The interview itself took about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I was an intern and then was interviewed for a pharmacist position. It was only one interview with basic questions. The supervisor was quite personable and easy to talk to, it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question