Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next morning for a Saturday interview. The interviewer was friendly. He asked five questions, all "give me an example of a time..." The interview itself lasted about half an hour, and half of that was him explaining the benefits and showing me around the pharmacy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Santa Fe Springs, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat with the pharmacy manager and the general manager asking several questions going back and forth. Interview lasted about 30 minutes in the conference room. I was nervous but as the interview progressed it got more relaxed. Just go in and breath and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you can jump to a conclusion but did not. What happened? What did you do?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and got a email from the District Manager almost a month later. I spoke to the District Manager on the phone to get an idea of what is needed in that District; I scheduled an interview later in the week. I had a face to face interview where the manager used the Walgreens standardized interview questions; lots of situation based questions. The interview itself took about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kansas City, KS) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviews are behavioral based questions. Nothing new or exciting, but they would prefer answers based on previous pharmacy experience. If you have no experience as a pharmacist yet, just draw from internship, rotation, or tech-work experience instead. This is a hoop to jump through. Unless you have a serious deficiency in your application or freak out in your interview, you will be hired. Turnover is usually very high in most districts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation attempted or needed. Walgreen's pays at the top or near the top of all retail salaries, and benefits are competitive or equal to other retail chains.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Memphis, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview went well; mostly behavioral type situations. Make sure you have examples in mind. Also tighten up your resume before you interview. A simple thing as spell check may save your candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Interview

The interview took place at a school career fair in the midwest. Several companies were present and all you had to do to qualify for an interview was to simply sign up for a time slot. I interviewed with one person, a pharmacy (district) supervisor. The interviewer followed a structured set of question and none of the questions was unexpected. These are the questions I remember:
    Tell me a little bit about yourself.
    Why Walgreens? (I had researched the company very well and was able to state how many stores Walgreens has and how it is redefining health care.)
    Tell me about a time when you improved a process.
    Tell me about a time when you engaged a team to complete a project.
    Tell me about a time when you made a difference in a patient's life.
    Tell me about a time when you faced conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.
    The interview was not hard but be ready to answer these questions on the spot with a specific example OR to create a scenario on the spot.
    I was told that everyone would hear *yay* or *nay* within a month or so.
    My experience was overall positive except for not hearing a final answer.

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I was an intern and then was interviewed for a pharmacist position. It was only one interview with basic questions. The supervisor was quite personable and easy to talk to, it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fremont, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A few weeks after filling out the application* on the Walgreen's Careers website, I received an email from the district supervisor for my area, We had several correspondences, and she was flexible enough to arrange for an interview time that fit my school schedule.

During the interview, she was personable and friendly. She asked general questions about when I would be willing to work and about the pharmacy school I was attending. Also, she asked me a couple of questions about my resume, which I had handed to her at the start of my interview. Then, she consulted a paper and asked me a few formal interview questions. For example, "What is good customer service?" and "Tell me your strengths."

After the interview, my interviewer also gave me tips about how to improve my interviewing skills and experience.

*Of note, you need to complete the skills test at an actual Walgreen's store. Just walk in and look for the store manager. Tell him/her you are applying for a job at Walgreen's and need to take a skills test

Interview Questions

• What is one time when you had to deal with a difficult person? It doesn't have to be related to work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an email with the job offer and a link. I clicked on the link and answered a few questions to accept.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in April 2010.

Interview

Walgreens sent representatives to our pharmacy school for 'career day.' I interviewed with a man for about 10-15 minutes. About 1-2 weeks later I received an email from the district manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario in which the customer was irate and upset, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary because the number of jobs was outnumbered by the number of pharmacist intern applicants.

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
    A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.