Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

Interview started with a casual discussion followed by several behavioral/situational questions. Taking time to think about past work experiences was key to answering them. Interviewer was fair and easy to talk to. Received an offer the next day,

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions:
    Describe a time you showed a positive attitude in the face of adversity, used clear and effective communication, went above and beyond to help a patient or coworker, used active listening, resolved a problem with a difficult client   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got the District Manager's phone number from a pharmacist friend that worked in that region, called them and was asked a few impromptu questions on the spot. I scheduled a telephone interview 2 days later, and the process was very relaxed.

The manager started with getting basic info on who I was, why I wanted to work at walgreens and that region, and then afterwards we went into the behavioral based questions.

At the end she gave me the opportunity to ask any questions and then explained briefly the area and why I might want to move there.

Overall she was very nice and wanted to make the interview and behavioral questions as painless as possible.

She was also the hiring manager and I received an offer the next morning

Interview Questions

• Practically all of the questions were very straight forward and were either directly pulled from, or were similar to what I found here when I was researching.

1) Tell me about a time when you had to communicate clearly. How did you know that you successfully communicated in a clear fashion? Give me a specific example

2). How do you listen actively? Give me a specific example of how you perform active listening

3). Tell me about a time at work or school when you had to handle conflict. What did you do and what was the outcome?

4). Tell me a time when you expressed empathy

5). Tell me how you typically show positivity.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2017.

Interview

It was a standard behavior interview. I made a profile online then I got an email from the district manager to set up an interview. interview was district office. it was casual with 2 district managers. They asked 5 behavior questions, you have to name a situation, what did you do to solve it and what was the result.

Interview Questions

• how do you show active listening? name a time you have done this.

how do you show sympathy to a patient? name a time you have done this.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2017.

Interview

applied online, got a call to schedule an interview with district manager. interview was in person in the Walgreens regional office. Very casual environment and DM said the result will be notified a week later

Interview Questions

• Why Walgreens? Explain when you showed optimism at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Buffalo, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was already employed, so the interview for transitioning from intern to pharmacist was rather brief. A series of 5 questions were asked and you had to come up with concrete examples of workplace experience to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you able to use empathy to connect to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to be patient with a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you anticipated a customer's needs and were able to help them above and beyond the question they asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me including a pharmacy manager and district manager. The pharmacy manager asked me the questions, while the district manager took notes. They asked case scenario questions and why I want to work for Walgreens. The whole interview was about twenty-five minutes. It was fast and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I worked for them since high school so I never did a formal interview at the retail level. If you apply for a corporate job, I did many and what they are lacking is the letter or a phone call to tell you if you that they decided to go with another candidate. The least they could do is that. Never got any type of letter therefore I assumed the answer was no. It would be nice to be treated as a human and not just another person that works there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Albany, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Most questions were situational and some asked were behavioral. Since I interviewed through my school's career fair, it was shorter than a usual interview. Interview lasted only 15 minutes and five questions were asked, but there was a list of 10 that the interviewer wanted to ask. I was told that if they were interested they would contact me for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and you owned up to your mistake before getting caught and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy going process. I interviewed with the pharmacy manager and store manager. They both asked me questions. They were friendly and answered all my questions. The interview lasted about forty five minutes. They even showed me a tour of the pharmacy

Interview Questions

• Why Walgreens, describe a time where you showed optimism, how do you handle conflict, describe a time of miscommunication   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Bradenton, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a career day at my pharmacy school and ther went through a packet of interview questions. It was very informal, they just read off questions and jotted down notes. There was no idea of how you were doing, no feedback.