Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Got the job about 10 years ago after being a technician. Got the job after I graduated pharmacy school. I was already working for the company and I got the job after graduation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

casual. 30 minutes. get in store, waited for 20 minutes for the manager who is also the recruiter, to finish with patients. the interview had a typing component, and just get to know you questions.

Interview Questions

• how I will promote the pharmacy profession   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

They set up an interview after you meet all the criteria. Situations based questions that required you to describe how you would react in certain situations. Based on your responses, they would determine if you would be a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• You have an upset customer that just came in to your job. She claims she didnt pick up an item which you clearly sold to her. How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens in September 2015.

Interview

I had been referred by a friend and got a call from the manager to schedule an in-person interview approximately 2 weeks later. Talked about my background, what I liked most about retail pharmacy, favorite pharmacy rotation. Then was asked 5 situational/behavior questions. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at work or school you displayed active listening. What was the outcome? How did you know it was effective?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

met with lead Rph and a staff rph. Took a tour of the hospital pharmacy. sat in an office for two hours while she went over my resume with me.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

short and informative, very straightforward typical interview process, phone interview to answer questions I had about the company followed by an in person one on one interview with a district manager

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

She went through a list of 5 questions that they ask everyone and typed my answers. Interview was pleasant and lasted about 20 minutes. They were all questions that required examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed empathy/sympathy.   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate active listening? Describe a time when you did this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall easy. I sent in my application and got a call about 1.5 months later to set up an interview. I had never worked at a chain pharmacy nor had I had any actual work experience in a pharmacy outside of APPEs.

As others have said, all situational/behavioral questions... just go through the questions listed by other reviewers, think about how you'd answer them, and you should be fine. I actually had a small notebook with several situations written down (with me in the interview) so I could quickly draw upon one and answer the question.

Interview Questions

• How did you display empathy toward a patient or customer and how did you know you were effective in displaying that empathy?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Phone interview for pharmacist position 20 mins, 5 situational questions. Pretty straight forward, usual behavior questions

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you should empathy? Example...   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to communicate clearly? Example...   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you used active listening skills, what were they, and in a example.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Springfield, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Open dialogue with district manager. Asked clinical questions to test patient counseling ability. Asked about previous job and why I was leaving it. As a new graduate who had not interned with the company I felt like my interview was a little more scrutinized then say an employee who had been with the company as a student. Luckily, I was able to answer all questions favorably and made myself a strong candidate.