Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.7

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Portland, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

I contacted the area supervisor directly and was asked to send my CV and complete the online application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview within a few days. The interview was very straightforward, beginning with a few questions the supervisor had, followed by a set of standardized Walgreens questions that were typical of what one would expect to be asked. Everyone at the office was very professional and courteous. Follow-up took two weeks at which time I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• None of them were difficult or unexpected. They were all very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer letter was sent, which you could either accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Redlands, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

should wear clothes as you go to work:casual shirt,tennis shoes, long pants. and smile all the times. get acquataince with PDM. Give a happy comment to PDM such as :you have a beautiful smile. or "you are right",node your head in any good question that you agree with that PDM( pharmacist district manager). talk like you know the system which the company runs. like Rire Aid has PDX system, but I know now they change ,not any more. This is easiest system,very simple compare of CVS system is very stupid,that a long time to finish one RX.

Interview Questions

• what you don't like about your job?   1 Answer
    • ask if your pharmacist call in sick or have car accident or heart attack, what you suppose to do:work extra 8 hours or close pharmacy? or call in other relief pharmacist to work for you then you go home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (Mesa, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted via email for an interview. Questions were as expected for a general interview and much of the time was spent discussing the direction of the company and all of the opportunities one would be presented with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation occurred

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

District manager called for an interview 2weeks after applied at Walgreen website. I had interview with one of store manager for approximately 30 min. They were looking for night time shift pharmacist

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

During clinical rotations I had the opportunity to meet with one of the district managers of Walgreens. He asked me for an interview that following week. During the actual interview, the district manager mentioned he would ask a series of questions; some that had to do with pharmacy and some that did not. Pharmacy based questions included work flow based questions. "other" questions included one about what I would bring to a deserted island. Finally, the interviewer concluded by asking me why I wanted to work for the company and where I saw myself in a few years

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a management position eventually? (trick question, you practically have to say yes)   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied directly through the walgreens website. I heard back from the district manager within a week and went for a interview shortly after. The interview took about 3 hours. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Share a scenario where you exhibited sympathy for a patient   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email two days later to discuss details of possible employment, went for an interview one week later and got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• 3 patient-based scenario questions..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I went to the interview day at my pharmacy school. I had set up an interview. It consisted of me giving them my personal information and telling them where I would like to work. They assured me they would be sending me offer letters and indeed I received offer letters from all 3 locations I had requested. One with a big sign on bonus ($30k) and 2 with a small one ($5k)

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work for walgreens?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. They sent me an offer letter for all 3 of my desired locations and their package was more than generous.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was coming from Tennessee, looking for employment in Atlanta, GA. I had spoken with the pharmacy recruiter several times, and set up a face-to-face interview upon graduation. Everyone that I communicated with was very helpful and informative. I was offered the job on the spot, just had to pass all of my board exams.

Interview Questions

• I was really only asked about handling conflicts. The rest of the interview dealt with specifics about the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation required because I was happy with my offer.