Walgreens SALES CLERK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

1.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in took the oral interview and was hired on spot. They were asking why I wanted to work and if I had any prior experience. It didn't take that long to get hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Malden, MA).

Interview

I filled out the first portion online, then went into the store a few days later to complete the second part. Went back a few days later to ask the manager if there was anything else I could do to move on in the next step, she said she would take a look at my application and scheduled me in for an interview. Went to the interview but the manager said they were looking for people with more availability.

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Pretty basic. Interview with senior assistant, drug test, one day of training. The entire process took about two weeks from application submission to training day.

Interview Questions

• You are quite overqualified for these positions, how do I know that if I hire you, you will not quit at the next best offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean Pines, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Ocean Pines, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

the manager had me come in for 3 separate interviews he was desperate for help and i was more then qualified for the job with over 5 years sales experience. told me he'd give me a call back in two days i called back after the third day and he said he was going to keep looking i didnt get hired and he said i could re apply. why re apply only to waist more time only to be tould no again?

Interview Questions

• they were all basic questions non were really hard or anything nothing i havent had before.   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Interview

Basically walked in and got the job, they needed people bad and I can see why after my experience there. After taking the drug test and passing the background check I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Apple Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied online to two different stores; If your application is good and well, you're told to do an assessment in the store you'd like to work at. I was called for an interview about a week later although I was told they weren't hiring when I went in store to check on my application status. I had one interview and it was very basic. They do a urine drug test and background check which takes about a week to process. I was offered the job about 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions like availability, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered $8.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Blue Springs, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application and then went in to take a test on their computers. The next day I went in for an interview with the manager. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• He focused a lot on what I liked to do in my free time, since I had no work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

After applying online, if you're chosen, you'll get call from them for a office interview with the store mgr. You'll have a one-on-one interview with your store mgr and if he or she likes you, you'll be hired immediately and will go straight into going through scores of legal agreement forms online to test your competency as an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Fairhaven, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fairhaven, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was very easy because I was already working at the store through a summer program. So it was very easy for me to answer the questions and I already new how to do everything in the store since I was trained. There was a test that had to be administered before I was hired it was just a testing asking how much experience you had, math, and seeing how you handled customers.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience dealing with money, stressful situations, fast paced environment, and the public.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was easy; there were a few steps required but all of it was easy and finished up within two weeks. I submitted my application online and got a call back about 4 days later from the manager asking me to come into any Walgreens store to complete a small test on their computer. The test was long but not very hard, it involved money handling questions (like asking you to make change, simple math basically) and questions about dealing with people etc. After completing it I was told that if I passed the test I'd get a call from the manager to come in for an interview. They called me in for an interview about 2 days later and were very flexible in scheduling a time for me to come in.

I cam to the interview dressed in a casual ladies suit, I felt like that it helped me get the job. The interview was impersonal and honestly quite silly; the manager asked me questions from a list, one was something like "what do you do to help your friends when they're in need?" and "name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it". The simplicity of the questions kind of threw me off guard being that it was my first interview.

After that I was called a few days later to take a drug test and a few days later yet I was called in to start working. Overall it was an easy process but impersonal process.

Interview Questions

• "Name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it"   1 Answer