Walgreens Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Seneca, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day to interview that day, the interview was easy, the manager was very nice and I was very excited. Unfortunately they found someone with more availability than me, because I'm a high school student.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens in August 2016.

Interview

They called and asked can I come in for an interview after 3 days of submitting my application. The interview went smooth plus I wasn't nervous because they made me feel comfortable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Asked simple questions. Basically hired on the spot. They invite you to the store, you'll go into the office to do the interview. Its good to look professional. They will ask you a series of questions. If they like you, you will be called or will start the training process immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line, took assessment. Had to go into actual location to finish all the assessment questions. Was called for an interview next day. Went in and talked with the assistant manager. Sit down interview was comfortable and informative.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

it was fast and easy. they look for strengths that would help the company grow rapidly. they ask questions based on your skills with customer service. how to deal with complicated customers ect

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for our company. what makes you a perfect candidate, and why should you be choosen from the other potential workers i would one day want to become a supervisor, and continue growing with the business as it progresses   1 Answer

Negotiation

when is the soonest you can begin growing with walgreens, are you as reliable as you say. will you be able to pass you background test and drug test, how reliable are you, can i depend on you. will you be able to deal with a complicated customer, if so then how

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Toms River, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked the usual questions. It's a retail job. You really don't need to be a rocket scientist to pass. Especially when this store is basically hiring anyone who walks through the door because they can't keep employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

i applied online then went into the store to complete the 2nd portion of the skills assessment and scheduled an interview onsite. the interview took 15-30 min. they ask everyone the same 6 questions. he said he would be making calls by Friday but i never heard back. i decided to call and found out they hired someone else. i thought it was pretty rude not to at least call to let people know they aren't getting the job.

Interview Questions

• tell a time where... and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kennewick, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I Applied online, and was interviewed a few days later.

I applied online to Walgreens, because I had heard their company rights policies towards their employees was positive. I was however, sorely mistaken.

I was then offered the job a few days after my worst interview ever, and I happily declined.
    The manager would not stop pestering me and calling my phone, and he was incredibly disrespectful in my interview. Hands down, I was told walgreens was an open place to work, and I was treated like scum.

Interview Questions

• "You Worked at a video game store? My son would love you!"
      "Oh You're Transgender? Well we'll have to see if you can switch bathrooms."
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application was followed by in store application which consisted of multiple choice questions about handling various situations you might encounter on the job and how you would handle them, also math aptitude questions about making change and recognizing validity of coupons. My online application didn't complete the first time, had to go back and redo. When I went to store to complete the application, the "system" was down that weekend. Went to another store another night and need a manager to access in store system - manager was gone for weekend and other employees weren't helpful. Went to another store that same evening and manager was there and helpful. Helps to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vail, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Vail, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Complete online application and aptitude testing, schedule and receive interview with store manager or assistant manager, wait for drug testing and background check results, complete required employment forms and schedule initial training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the retail industry? Please describe your like and dislikes about the experience.

Have you ever been a manager in your employment experience? If so, how did you handle issues and conflicts with employees?

Describe a time when you had to resolve a serious product or service problem at work. How did you resolve it to the satisfaction of customers and the company?

Do you consider yourself a team player at work? Describe a time when you had to work on a team to create a new process or change at work.

What would your previous work managers say was your greatest character strength? What would they say was your greatest character weakness?
      Answer Question