Walgreens Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

HR scanning took around 15 minutes. Only 3 open questions were asked. Not relevant to the job I applied to at all. HR basically did not show any interest in my resume. It was very obvious the job they posted was an internal recruitment and they needed the process to interview someone outside. Not very professional experience overall with them.

Interview Questions

• Any time you give an advice to optimize a situation in the organization?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with HR: only asked about my experience. In a week after had an in-person interview with Hiring Manager who was asking behavioral questions, and the same day I had an in-person interview with Finance Director, and it was more of the conversation rather than interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions: "tell me about the time when you ...."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter from Human Resources after they came across my online resume submission for an available Senior Financial Analyst position. I was asked a series of pre-screening questions to see if I would be a good fit for the role, and then informed that I would hear back in a week or two if I was still being considered as a candidate for the opportunity.

About one week later, I received a follow-up call asking if I would be available for a second phone interview with the hiring manager. We set up a call and I spoke with the hiring manager about two days later. He asked about my background, and then asked a number of job-specific questions (i.e. familiarity with financial models, financial analysis, etc.). After the call, I was informed that I would hear back in the next few days regarding my continued candidacy for the position regardless of the decision.

Another week passed before I received a follow-up call, but I was then asked to come on-site for a series of 1-on-1 interviews with 2 managers and the hiring director. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes, and afterwards I was informed that I would hear back in a couple of days once the managers and the director had a chance to discuss how each interview went.

Finally, after another week of waiting, Walgreens asked if I could provide a list of references. They asked for at least three individuals they could contact, and then proceeded to email them a questionnaire about our work history together. After a few more days, the initial recruiter called back and informed me that Walgreens would be extending an offer of employment to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what key metrics on a Profit and Loss statement I would regard as most important if Walgreens were considering expanding certain retail locations into the refrigerated goods, fruits, vegetables, and bakery retail space.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher base salary because I had another competing offer in hand. I also negotiated on vacation days for the current year because I was informed that new hires receive 0 vacation days until the start of the next calendar year (Note: this is likely going away beginning Jan 1, 2014 as Walgreens is switching to an accrual based PTO program).