Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.1

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

short and rude, submitted an online application in store for employees seeking advancement, Walgreens is a buddy, buddy hiring company, they do not care about the average employee, which is why the turnover rate is so high, we are expendable as so quoted by a manager who is still with Walgreens but hates customers.

Interview Questions

• no questions, only a speech   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied in store on their computer. Then was asked to come in for an interview about a week or so later. They ask a lot of behavioral question during the interview which can be confusing at times

Interview Questions

• Give me a example when you were in a position with a lot of responsibility   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I put in an application online and was called in for an interview. The person who was going to interview me wasn't in the store, so I had to stand around and wait for 30 minutes for her to get there. We went into her office and sat at a desk, where she first had me fill out all the paperwork like I was already hired, then she started asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me if I thought my age would keep me from lifting boxes and stocking shelves.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Irving, TX).

Interview

I was trying to find a replacement job, because currently I am working in food, so I applied at walgreens. They called two days later to set up an interview, and the next day I went in. First I had to do the skills test thing, which to me seemed easy, it just took a really long time. Then I walked around the store for a bit because the manager I guess was busy, I had to wait a while which was a little annoying. Finally interviewed, and the manager was friendly, but I didnt like how she conducted the interview. She kept asking the same questions twice on accident and it was kinda weird. . Then toward the end she realized I was 17 and not 18, even tho I could see clearly on the page it had that I was a minor on it, and she just had realized this :/. So she was concernced I wouldnt be able to work past 12. Then finally, she said the pay would be $7.75.....which I didnt expect to be so low. I make 8 bucks an hour at a fast food business right now. So right then I decided I didnt want the job in my head. She called almost a complete week later and told me they went with someone else because they did better on the computer test (which kinda sucked because those things seems easy to me) but Im actually glad because if i got the job and accepted.....I'd work long hours, only night shifts, lower pay, and would be working with a scattered manager. No thanks

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you had with a coworker and/or customer in the past, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (North Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

If you would like to work for Walgreens, it is always best to go inside the store in which you desire and ask for the manager or shift leader on duty. Once you contact them, ask the supervisor if they are currently hiring, if they are, ask them where you can obtain an application. once that is done, you fill out the application, turn the application in and wait for a call back for the interview with the store manager. Presentation is crucial. Looking Professional when asking for the application and going into the interview is key. That can either make or break you. After a week or two, the store manager will call you to set up an interview with you. regardless if you pass the interview or not, they will contact you to advise you on your status. Just remember to be yourself and smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? why should we hire you instead of other candidate?   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

Interview

Computer test in store and in person interview with store manager or assistant manager, average difficulty, and one on one. There was only one interview before an offer, and there was no phone component in preparation for the in-store interview.

Interview Questions

• Circumstance questions about situations you have been in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dubuque, IA).

Interview

behavorial interview, tell me about a time........? answer in situation, action, result format. It is one on one with a assistant store manager. There is 6 or 7 of these questions. You need to complete and pass a short assessment before you can be hired. You need to take a drug test before you can be hired and also pass a background check. The process takes about two weeks. Everyone is very friendly and personable. Walgreens is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you chose not to help a coworker, and why you decided not to help them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy, just accepted the wage they gave me, able to work around schedules

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Simple interview and talked about my goals. She asked me what I wanted to do as a future career and how Walgreen's has multiple positions for each interest group - as long as I'm willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• The basics: What is your biggest weakness? Have you had leadership experience, and please give me an example?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied in mid July 2012 after filling out a variety of different applications. I was called approximately 2 weeks after for an in-person interview at the store. Wait time was 10-15 mins. Interview was 5-7 mins. I was asked a handful of questions, interviewer was the store manager at the time. Really laid back interview (she was an extremely chill but stern person). Received information on drug screening at the end of the interview. Was sent to site 2 days later and was offered job a couple days after. I had already accepted another offer for a job but decided to decline that offer and started immediately at Walgreens.

Interview Questions

• If you were put in a complicated situation with a rude customer, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Nice. a little intimidating but they were nice. the asm interviewed me and he was very nice and really made me feel comfortable. be very bubbly and always smile they love that and make sure your personality shines through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation