Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Carbondale, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

After meeting with the Store Manager, you take a couple quizzes on how you would handle certain situations to see if you're friendly enough to be in Customer Service. Then you need to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied in store on their computer. Then was asked to come in for an interview about a week or so later. They ask a lot of behavioral question during the interview which can be confusing at times

Interview Questions

• Give me a example when you were in a position with a lot of responsibility   1 Answer

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Received an initial phone call to schedule me for an interview. I did the interview in store within a week. By the middle of the following week I received a phone call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone was unhappy with the work you did. What was the situation, what did you do, and how do you know it was effective.   Answer Question
    • All questions were situational.   Answer Question

They wanted someone part time that could work any and all shifts. My availability was limited and i was seeking full time employment

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Manager was very nice with the entire process. Asked about workplace challenges that I overcame as well as what I believed my strengths were. They also ask several situational questions on how you would handle certain situations in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the challenges in a previous workplace that you overcame?   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Easy Interview. When I arrived I was taken into the backroom where the store manager would be. I was asked about 6 questions & that was pretty much it. The manager told me I would receive a call in the next few days.

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Niles, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called in for an interview. The interview took place in a small office with the store manager and the assistant manager. The assistant manager asked most of the questions. Very simple interview that overall was very uninteresting.

Anonymous Employee in Manistee, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Manistee, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a sit down interview as well as a test you must take and pass to be eligible for the job. It is very easy, just be very professional in your mannerisms and show dedication in customer service and flexibility in hours. The test you take is online and is quite easy as well.

Interview Questions

• How much customer service experience do you have behind you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (North Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

If you would like to work for Walgreens, it is always best to go inside the store in which you desire and ask for the manager or shift leader on duty. Once you contact them, ask the supervisor if they are currently hiring, if they are, ask them where you can obtain an application. once that is done, you fill out the application, turn the application in and wait for a call back for the interview with the store manager. Presentation is crucial. Looking Professional when asking for the application and going into the interview is key. That can either make or break you. After a week or two, the store manager will call you to set up an interview with you. regardless if you pass the interview or not, they will contact you to advise you on your status. Just remember to be yourself and smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? why should we hire you instead of other candidate?   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

It was very quaint and not nerve wracking, as it shouldn't be. The interviewer asked a handful of questions on how I would handle a situation or what should have been done. Nothing to complicated and the girl who interviewed me was easy on the eyes so it went nice.

Interview Questions

• If someone came into the store mad, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Akron, OH).

Interview

It went very fast, a couple questions on how I would handled an upset customer, shift preference, and whether I would like to or be able to work call-offs. I interviewed with an EXA, and an Asst. Manager at the time. Since Walgreens went thru restructure, at the time, management staff was exceptional.