Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Rochester, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

All of the questions were how you'd handle a customers situation, like" Has there been a moment where your resolve has been challenged" for irritating customers.

Negotiation

There was none

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

There's about 10 standard questions about job or life experience situation based on customer and employee incidents.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided great service and how did you know you we're successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start was min wage

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview for the next day a few days later. The managers that interviewed me were young and not super experienced, but were nice and professional. Basically asked me to describe what I was about, what my experience was, why I wanted to work at walgreens, what were some of my strengths and weaknesses, what my plans were for the next five years, and I can't remember what else. I was hired and had to take a drug test before I could start. There is also an assessment/ skills test. They made me take it as an afterthought since they liked me in the interview so much. Basically it makes you add things, make change, answer questions about how you would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Typical, what is a weakness of yours. My manager said he was impressed by my answer though   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later was called by the manager for an interview like a week and some days later. She informed me that I should finish the 2nd step in store before the day of the interview. In the interview she read off this paper, basically questions about how you handle certain situations like conflicts, helped someone, trained someone. I have no job experience so I used school experiences.

After the questions she had me do step 3 of the online application that asks you to consent to a background check and drug test and items to bring if you were offered a job. Then she told me about the position, the hours and stuff. Then I was handed a drug test form and was told I'd have to do it within the next 24 hours. I asked when I'd hear back about the position and she said to give it a week. 4 days later I got a call from one of the other managers (I think) offering me the job! So I guess the drug test form is a good sign when you go to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict that you resolved, what was the conflict and what steps did you take to resolve the matter?   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview 2 days after submitting my application. The interview consisted of about 5 general questions regarding customer service. The position I originally applied for, shift lead, was not open for hiring and I was offered a position as a part time Service Clerk instead for $8.25 per hour

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I learned of the job from one of the managers in the store, who is a friend of my parent; I had already filled out an application and completed the skills assessment test before I knew of the opening. The same day, I called and spoke to the store manager, who I had known since I was a kid, telling her that I was interested in the position. She scheduled an interview with me the following day.

The interview process was particularly simple; it was basic questions involving retail, teamwork and the such. After discussing my schedule, she told me I needed to go take a drug test, which meant I was hired because I knew I was clean.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to work in a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a schedule that fit my needs. Only thing that wasn't negotiable is pay, Walgreens has a set pay rate.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Interview

Application online, assessment in store, interview in store 1:1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Glendale, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online around January/Febuary and got a call in March about coming in for an interview. I called them back and we set up a time. I walked in about 5 minutes early for my interview and I told the cashier why I was there and she shouted to the back "We've got another one!" (Clearly they were just taking a bunch of applicants from online)

The store seemed a bit dirty and run down compared to other walgreens I've been in (it was in a kind of grosser part of town so made sense to me). The lady interviewing me asked very generic interview questions, "would you do if" questions, asked about my availability, and told me a little bit about what I would have to do if I got the job. She kept referring to me as "sweetie" or "honey" and it was very condescending and she talked to me as if she were talking to a child.

I received no call back after the interview whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you were in conflict with someone else(like someone being angry at you), and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Filling out and doing some scenario questions online, regarding coupons and customer service..., and then receiving calls to arrange for the interview..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all, everything is preset, especially the pay and working condition, except the working shift...

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable