Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.1

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied in store on their computer. Then was asked to come in for an interview about a week or so later. They ask a lot of behavioral question during the interview which can be confusing at times

Interview Questions

• Give me a example when you were in a position with a lot of responsibility   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for an interview. The question was simple.

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (North Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

If you would like to work for Walgreens, it is always best to go inside the store in which you desire and ask for the manager or shift leader on duty. Once you contact them, ask the supervisor if they are currently hiring, if they are, ask them where you can obtain an application. once that is done, you fill out the application, turn the application in and wait for a call back for the interview with the store manager. Presentation is crucial. Looking Professional when asking for the application and going into the interview is key. That can either make or break you. After a week or two, the store manager will call you to set up an interview with you. regardless if you pass the interview or not, they will contact you to advise you on your status. Just remember to be yourself and smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? why should we hire you instead of other candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First one would apply online and complete the first part (personal information, work experience, etc.).
    Then one would go in the nearest Walgreens that is located near him or her and complete the part two (more personal information and a two-part test that is about work scenarios and how would you approach them).

If you passed the multiple choice test as aforementioned, then the manager will give you a call to schedule an interview.

At the interview, the manager will ask specific questions regarding work experiences, how have you worked in (any) team (school, sports, work, experiences, etc.), and other questions such as why would you work for Walgreens. During the interview, it is as if there are multiple parts. First the manager will ask for an introduction to who are you, then ask questions, the briefly give some informational facts about Walgreens, then allow you to ask questions, and finally ask you some more questions. All while he or she may take some notes.

If you get in, he will tell you on the spot or say that he will give you a call back. A good indicator that you passed is if he or she asks about your schedule and availability.

Interview Questions

• "Please give me the best experience you had in any cooperative task that involved teamwork."

I'm not sure why that caught me off guard, as many scenario questions dealt with teamwork, but I guess I wasn't prepared as I thought I was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Niles, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called in for an interview. The interview took place in a small office with the store manager and the assistant manager. The assistant manager asked most of the questions. Very simple interview that overall was very uninteresting.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I completed my application online and then I went in to take the skill assessment in the store. After I was done I left my name and number with one of the managers. He told me to call and speak with ---- who was in charge of hiring the next day. I called and he said that he will look over my application and give me a call back in two hours and if he didn't he said to just call him. I had to call him and he told me to come in that afternoon. The employees were friendly an helpful but they were busy and the interview was short and to the point. There were six behavioral questions. I can't quite remember them all. He said he will give me a call back because there were several other interviews and so I waited and he called back two hours later and told me to do a drug test and we went over my availability.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to tell a team member no. Why did you and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no experience but I was offered more than what Target offered me. No negotiating was done.

Anonymous Employee in Gladstone, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gladstone, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

I was just called in, forgot I even applied there, they asked me to come in that friday for an interview, I walked in asked for the manager he came right out, shook my hand took me to the back office and interviewed me, he asked me a few questions but pretty much said he was getting a good vibe from me and I had retail experience so he felt I would be a good fit for his team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked how much I was making at my then current job ($8.90 an hour and only like 25 hours a week), he offered me 30+ hours a week at $9.00 with yearly cost of living raises, and yeah I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Columbus, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

This interview process was quick and easy maybe because they were desperate to find someone because of employees quiting their jobs. After I apply online, I had to go to one of their stores to finish the second part of the application process. After that, one week later, I received a call from Walgreens asking if i can come for an interview. The interview was pretty basic. The manager that interviewed me, questioned me on values and what would I do type situations. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in an angry customer in your line after they wanted was not the right price in the system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was negotiable which is pretty pathetic for a full-time position at a fortune 500 company.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

Interview

Computer test in store and in person interview with store manager or assistant manager, average difficulty, and one on one. There was only one interview before an offer, and there was no phone component in preparation for the in-store interview.

Interview Questions

• Circumstance questions about situations you have been in   Answer Question