Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Group meeting, they explained how they work and what the benefits are, then they set up interviews later the next week. Went to the interview and 2 weeks later they called and asked for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your best asset which will help you throught the day of work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Olathe, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews and all of them were professional and direct. I interviewed at three different locations and each time I spoke with two people, generally the Store manager and assistant store manager. We were professional asked/answered questions mutually, conversed and then parted ways. I am good at interviews and I could tell I stood out and impressed them.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line, went into the store a few days later to do an assessment, then waited for store manager to contact me. I would recommend following up with store manger if you don't hear anything in a few days. I was then called in for an interview. Was asked 6 scripted questions, pretty easy. Then asked other questions about job requirements (overtime, shift work, etc).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when accuracy was important in doing your job.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Email confirmation for the interview go to the store and they ask basic questions. The manager was nice what to see if I'm willing to work at other locations if needed to and I'm I felxable in my work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you available on the holidays   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, they had me come in to complete a skills assessment test and do my interview. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly and pleasant, she helped me along my interview when I stumbled over some of my answers. It was a positive experience, some difficult questions, but overall I left feeling fairly confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your manager and what should your manager expect from you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you lead a group or team and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Evansville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very well executed interview fill out app online finish in store and do a test then interview by sm or asm. Then was asked to stay and interview with the sm and asm.

Interview Questions

• They asked what experiences I had as a manager and how I dealt with particular situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pineville, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process normally begins with candidates submitting applications online in a store location and passing a skills assessment. They can select multiple locations or one location depending on what they wish to do. Callbacks normally take place within a week of submission. Being hired, conditional on a drug test, normally takes place immediately after a successful interview.

Applicants are encouraged to give specific examples of their customer service. Applicants are encouraged to smile and put forth a friendly demeanor and have a reasonably professional appearance. A significant portion of one's evaluations is dependent on receipt surveys with the highest score. If one can mention experience and success with similar metrics, that would be an intense boon.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult or outraged customers in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic questions about previous leadership experience, discussed situations where I had to apply my role as a leader, discussed situations where I had to make quick decisions to fix a problem.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt I was a good candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fresno, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied the second week of December. I knew the Executive Manager so the process went smoothly. I had to do the in-store assessment that focused on scenarios and simple math. The assessment is timed so do not take too long on it. The interview was done with the Store Manager. There was only a few questions. The Store Manager was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you handle shoplifters?
      How would you handle customer complaints and returns?   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Antonio, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Walgreens handles all of their applications through a website accessed at home or in-store. I applied from home for a cashier position and within 30 minutes recieved a call from the Store Manager to set up an interview and directing me to go to a store and complete the assessment test (Step 2). The assessment asks a mix of situational, reading and task comprehension, as well as math questions meant to gauge an applicant's ability to multi-task, work in a team, and handle customers.

When I arrived (early) for my interview the Assistant Manager initially told me the Store Manager wasn't in and I was welcome to apply. I stated I had an interview already scheduled with the Store Manager, and she told me she was not in the store. After 15 minutes of asking her to contact the manager and being asked to wait and a different member of the leadership team getting I nvolved I was asked if the Assistant Manager could perform the interview as part of her training.

It is a basic behavioral interview meant to work in tandem with the assessment completed in Step 2 if the application process. Halfway through the interview the Store Manager stopped us and asked if I had management experience. When I replied in the positive, she changed modes, abandoning the behavioral interview and moving to a more traditional, applicant-focused interview, asking abiut past work experiences and what my plans are for the future. She then gave me the pay rates for the two positions (~$7.50 for cashier and $11.25 for Shift Leader) and asked me to reapply for the Shift Leader position, which I did.

After the interview and reapplying I was given a form to go to a lab for a deug test. Once the drug test results were recieved I was told to go to a store and complete Step 3, which is agreeing to a background and credit check. The entire process (including computer and network failures) took 1 month from application to start date.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had difficulty communicating with a customer? How did you handle the situation? Do you feel you were successful? Why or why not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told there was no negotiating starting pay, and I'm not entirely certain that is correct. I felt if I had pushed the issue I might have gained a bit of income or lost the offer entirely. I did advise them of my desire to attend school, which was my reason for leaving seeking a job outside of management as well as changing companies. I was told this would not be an issue and they often work with student schedules.

There was also the issue of religious holidays, a touchy subject during an interview as revealing one's religiom can lead to claims of discrimination. The Store Manager navigated through it quite deftly and made a note that once I passed all screening I needed to put in for the time I needed off and have it approved.