Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.2

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

basic, fill out application, do assessment test and interview. You will probably interview with the stores assistant manager and the community leader (mini DM). Once excepted you will be required to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all open ended and are pretty basic. The interviewer reads premade questions. They are designed to make sure you do not reply yes or no. They are also interested in success stories, not so much how long you have been in your job. Degree will benefit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at the base pay. No exceptions.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online one afternoon and went to the store to complete my skills assessment later that night. I applied for both a cashier and shift leader position. About a week later I got a call from the store manager asking to set up an interview for the next day, which I did. Upon arriving for the interview the manager and assistant manager came out and shook my hand, and brought me into the office for the interview. The store manager did most of the questioning, with the assistant commenting every now and again, pointing different things out about the position. I learned that I was interviewing for a shift leader position, and the questions I was asked were geared towards that. I answered them all as best I could, then at the end the manager told me the pay rate and a few other things about the job, and that they had a few more interviews yet to do but that I did a great job and that they were impressed. The next morning he called me back saying that he had chosen another candidate, but that he had given my name to the manager at his old store and that he, too, was hiring for a shift leader position. He asked me to come in after the weekend for a meeting, but that I would not have to re-interview because mine was already in the system. I went in and met with the same manager I talked with at the other store and this other store manager, and basically all they did was ask if my availability has still the same and if I had any questions. Our talk was cut short by an unexpected conference call, prompting them to offer me the position and get a few forms ready for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where accuracy was important for your position (or something similar to this)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me if I was available for holidays, and I said that I had plans for Christmas day, but that if needed I would be more than happy to come in. They told me that they would take care of Christmas for me since I had plans, and I told them that for future Christmases I should be available.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online, take assessment test at the store, get interviewed by store manager. It was a pretty simple process. The assessment test was mostly on cashier types of questions. If you know how to add and subtract, you should be good!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with suggestive sell or up selling products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview happened in the stock room because there were currently people occupied in the room they usually interview in. It was a two person interview, they both took turns to ask questions. Overall the interview was pretty simple. They told me that shift lead needs to sometimes work the grave yard shift, including opening the store, closing the store, etc. Told me that you do not stay still most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Then they asked my availability. They questioned if I can do it as I am a full time student. After explaining what the job does and everything, they asked me if I have any questions, which I did. How much per hour? They said $13.75. They then said they have a few more interviews still have yet to be done and they will give me a call back if I get the job or not.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, nothing too hard but it kinda was intimidating as you get tag teamed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions I got:

What does the job title shift lead mean to you?

What is your availability?

Name a time where you led a group or team of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Thornton, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

It's general questions interviewed by a store manager. You can search in google for preparation. Nothing difficult but you have to prepare especially if English is not your first language. Do not forget to print out your resume and give them in an interview day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Crystal Lake, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Not very hard. Just be honest with everything you answer. It isn't a very long interview. Maybe a half hour. Dress to impress. Have a good attitude when walking in. You will have to take a skills assessment before you even get interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Topeka, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an informal one on one interview with a manager who was pretty much dead set on me being hired already. The formal interview was more for show than anything else and didn't really enlighten me as to what I was really expected to do in the position past what I already assumed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with merchandising store displays.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the community leader to set up an interview for a service clerk position within about a week. My first interview went really well and I was sent for drug testing a couple of days later. A week after that I hadn't heard back from them so I went in and met with the new store manager who set up another interview for me for the next day.

During that short interview she informed me that there was a leadership position open at that store that she was very interested in seeing me in and that she would be meeting with the community leader to make a decision in the coming days. She called me three days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your future aspirations within this company? Could you see yourself in a management position and working with Walgreens long term?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't really any negotiation. I was offered a very acceptable wage and benefits and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with two managers. They will ask questions geared toward the position and what you can bring to the team. A lot of the answers will require a great deal of detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Creve Coeur, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

During the interview, you are in the office with the store manager and the assistant manager (ASM). The store manager leads the interview; but, the ASM chimes in every so often. If you're being considered for the position, you will meet with the community leader and he will hold a short interview with you — the store manager and ASM are present as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Recall a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Tell me what the situation was, how did you resolve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question