Walgreens Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Store Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

First interview with a store manager and he asks situational questions. Second interview with district manager. Overall, very good process and very nice leaders of the building and company. Very clean stores, but need to focus on outside appearance as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens in April 2016.

Interview

It is a behavioral interview in the smart goal format. Not something that you would be able to go into unprepared. They are your experiences you just have to go in there an talk about yourself

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied for this job when I was already employed with Walgreens as an Assistant Store Manager. The Interview conducted was a Behavioral based interview. "Tell me about a time when," type questions. Draw from your own personal experiences and be as specific as possible. The interview was conducted by my district manager and our HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty communicating with an employee or a customer. What did you learn about communication? How did you manage to communicate effectively? How do you know you were successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. The person I met with asked about my previous management experience and was a little nervous that my experience wasn't in retail. I came prepared with a lot of questions -such as what the priorities were of the people who would be overseeing me.

Interview Questions

• How will you approach learning about the retail aspects of management?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Was called to schedule interview at district office. The company only hires internal store managers form the pool of assistants unless there is a remote location that is incredibly difficult to staff. In my honest opinion the interview is really just a show as they pretty much know who they are going to select, but they have to make it look competitive. However, on more than one occasion assistant's have been promoted without ever interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Over the past year what have you done to improve pharmacy sales, retention and service?   1 Answer
    • There were a lot of questions about communication. Communicating with a difficult employee/member of leadership. Checking for understanding, etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

It was a long time ago, things have changed. You are your interview, do you job and do it well, it will happen.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Was hired from a job fair at my college as an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation because they offered me more money than I was currently making

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Greenville, SC) in July 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview with District Manager and a Community Leader. There was an internal review before selecting candidates. Store Managers are promoted from within. District Manager and Community Leader alternated asking questions and taking notes. You were allowed to skip a question and they would come back to it later. Interview took place at the District Office.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions starting with, "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

First interview at store level with manager. Then easy online assessment in store. Then district manager interview. All questions are open ended questions. Expect to have stories or examples ready. Make something up if needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

He is very friendly on the phone and friendly in person. The interview was detailed and a bit tough. He asks a lot of about past experiences and how you handle difficult situations. He wants to know in detail how you have been a leader. He wants to know how you handle difficult people. He was a joy to talk to, very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be a leader in a task. How did you deal with the situation? Were you successful?   Answer Question