Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Walgreens

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

This was my first job. I was 16 years old, I have an aunt who is a manager in a surrounding store. Walgreens works like that sort of, more of who you know and not what you know if you are first starting out. I did an online application, got a call from the store manager and went in. It was pretty simple, he asked rountine questions. He told me how they normally try for older employees because of labor laws etc. but he was impressed by my focus and maturity. I was set up on a IQ/Skills test and background/drug test and was working within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

went in for interveiw. then they send you to get a drug test. after the results they call you back and you go on the stores computer and listen to their rules and regulations. then they give you your measley hourly wage. and make you wear these unflattering groovey unbreathable shirts,

Anonymous Employee in Willmar, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Willmar, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Was really easy, didnt ask many questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Went in to take a test after applying online. Had to go on the computer and take the skills test which was a breeze. The manager was very laid-back and didn't seem like he was going to hire me anyway. All he did was ask me if I had any experience and I said yeah but got no offer.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Springfield, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application online and got a call from the store manager a week later. Before he interviewed me, I had to go into a little room and take a test. The test took about 20 minutes. He went over the test while I walked around the store. He then had me come to the back office for a quick interview. He asked what I liked most about my last job, and that was about it. He went over the health benefits and told me about the employee discount. He then said he would call me back if/when he wanted me to take the drug test. The next day he called , I picked up the paperwork and signed a few forms, then I was off for my drug test. The forms were for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (aggravated menacing) from 4 years ago, but it didn't seem to matter. It took 3 weeks for my background check to come back, but he called me once a week to let me know he had not forgotten about me. Three weeks later, I finally got called in for my first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any type of negotiation. He didn't even tell me what I was being paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Geneva, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Lake Geneva, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line. I got a call the next day and an interview was set up for the next week. When I got there for my interview I was brought into a room to do a skill assessment. I had to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come in and see if I was finished. We did an interview after that. I was asked 5 of the behavioral questions. I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you did that helped an employee.   1 Answer

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

No questions really because of my past work experience. Although I have talked to others and they had many questions and more than one manager present. Very laid back atmosphere for me. I have seen others apply and dress in very casual attire, some jeans, which got hired and I was very surprised. Most of the interview is really the test that a prospective applicant takes for final consideration. It was not timed which I did not know so I rushed though it but passed.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you interested in working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Every cashier starts at 8.25 hr.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Ask about my previous jobs & took an assessment test. Was going to call in the next 3 or 4 days to see if I pass the test or not but still no call.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview

One interview, fairly normal and simple. Manager was great considering he knew I'd only be there for 3 months. Some questions I recall were "Why do you want to work at Walgreens?" and "What interests you about the company?" After I got hired I had to go in for two days, paid training, and do numerous modules that are required for employees. These were not hard but I was there for about seven hours. On the second day, I finished early and was put on the register. I had extensive prior cashier experience so it wasn't hard but I was taught company policies such as "IC3".

Negotiation

Make sure they explain everything to you and your rights as an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Kyle, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Have to go in to do a test on their computer then they call you if you passed and go in for an interview. Its all very simple. Generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager told me I was getting $8.50 an hour but he messed up as its actually $8. Its a take it or leave it situation.