Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. They asked me basic questions that were job related. They asked me about my work ethic and about timeliness. I did not have any prior experience when I interviewed. If you do get the job, they should call you with in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Be professional. Dress nice. Be prepared to give good answers with specific examples. Be yourself and try to be as outgoing as possible. Show up early like ten minutes early

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2016.

Interview

Called into backroom for interview, lasted about 10-15 minutes, was one-on-one. I was asked basic questions about customer service. Was told that they'll call me back if my hours met company standards. Did not get a call back so I called them and they said they might arrange something if I can change my flexibility, since I put down no overnights.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process is far too involved for a position that compensates $8/hour. After completing an online application and survey, I was called in for an interview. In store, I had to complete a 30-40 minute questionnaire/personality quiz. I was interviewed by a Supervisor, then asked to come in on another day to be interviewed by the Store Manager. I was then told to secure the job I needed to take a drug test in the next town over.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I talked to a manger in the store and they told me to apply online and I did. After that I received a callback from my online application I went in for a face to face interview and was asked basic questions on handling customers in hostile situations, how well I work in a group, etc.

Then after that I was put on a computer where there were basic questions that I would come across as a cashier. Pictures of coupons and products were given and the question would be "The customer wants to use this coupon, is it acceptable" and the options would be yes-the product and expiration dates are acceptable, no-the product is the wrong size, no-the coupon is expired, etc.
    There were also questions regarding currency - if the customer's total is 16.87 and they give you a $20 what will their change be? and you had to pick the option that was correct change and the least amount of change, for example instead of 2 dimes and nickle, you choose a quarter.

Then after that I was dismissed and a few days later called back for training.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a situation you were able to overcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX).

Interview

They had me fill out a questionaire before interviewing me. It consisted of easy math and certain things that can happen while working. Then if you pass the test they take you to a private room and ask you more questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple if I can start tomorrow. They didn't tell me what I was getting paid till I received my first pay check.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Aurora, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Came in and ask for the manager and we proceeded. The day after I applied, I received a call. I had to take a personality, customer service and cash handling test. 2 days after that, I was call for a interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situations?
      How flexible are you?   Answer Question

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I decided I wanted a part-time job that was within walking distance, so I walked into the local Walgreens and asked the manager if they were hiring. They said they were and asked me to come in for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to solve a problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Interview

Very short process hiring manager asked simple questions to understand why you wanted to work there. I was asked to take a test that measured basic math and customer service abilities.
    It was one of the most relaxed interviews I have had. I did not receive the job but I had a very positive interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Covina, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I walked in, introduced myself, then the interviewer took me to their office where she asked me about six behavioral questions. They were fairly easy but I got stuck on one question, she told me I can continue to answer the other questions and that I was able to go back to answer the question later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a language barrier and how you overcame that.   Answer Question