Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Walker Marketing and Consultants

1.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 steps. A preliminary first round interview with upper level management to gauge character, and leadership skills. If invited back for a second round you will be taken out for a full day shadow of the job at hand. Very beneficial seeing the day to day of an account executive. Helps one gauge their fit within the company. The third round is a short exit interview recapping the second round interview and answering any questions one still may have.

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Walker Marketing contacted me via email to interview with them. They found my resume via Monster. I went in for the initial interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. I was contacted later that day to come in for a full day second interview. The second interview consisted of spending the entire day in the field with a senior sales rep. We drove out of town to a terrotory the rep was currently working and walked around to businesses in that area trying to get them to sign up for Direct Energy. At lunch we discussed everything except salary. They are not supposed to discuss this until you get back to the office at the end of the day. This is when your third interview occurs. At that time I was told I could either work on 100% commision or $300.00 a week plus 20% commision. If you are able to sign up more then 10 business's they say you will make more then the $300.00 a week. We spoke with close to 45 business's and didn't sing any the day I was out. I believe a person with strong selling skills could be succesful at this job. However, they seem to want to move you quickly from level to level until supposedly within 18 months or so you would be running your own office of agents?! I do know the parent company is Cidco. I have not looked into them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

I did not want to travel every day. They do not pay you milage, per diem etc. A cell phone is also required for the job and they do not pay for that either. You are sent to random territories throughout Ohio and work them until completed. I also noticed on my day in the field that there are a ton of other companies doing the same thing. Many business's complained of someone coming in twice a week trying to get them to switch thier Gas provider. I will say that if you were to take a position with any of these companies that Direct Energy seems to have the best deal. They do not lock thier customers into contract like the others do. The rate is simply fixed through the winter and then goes back to a variable in the summer when rates are lower. The staff was very nice and did seem to like thier jobs.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

the interview process was good there were alot of untruths and manipulation tho. they will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door then hope your to stupid to leave

Interview Questions

• how well do you work on your own   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This place is a scam for door to door sales men. Don't fall for it. They interviewed me in someone else's office (not the interviewers). They told me i would be selling cell phone contracts door to door. Very unprofessional how they mislead applicants about the actual job in the job ad description.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real interview questions just more statements that they were asking.   Answer Question

Walker Marketing and Consultants Response

Aug 7, 2015 – HR

We do not do DOOR TO DOOR SALES. WE DO NOT SELL CELL PHONES.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through Monster and was contacted by a HR Rep the next day. I was informed that the interview process would be in three stages, initial in person review, full day ride-along, and final interview. I was able to setup an appointment immediately.
    I attended the first interview in which I met with management. We went over the company's attributes and established a basis for the second stage. The first interview was brief, as if they were testing your abilities to be professional rather than taking a strong interest in your qualifications. I was invited to attend the second stage in which I would shadow an employee, however I respectfully declined because the position was not as described in the posting, and I had no interest.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

Called me the next day after I applied through monster.com. Came in for a 15 minute interview. CEO interviewed me and only asked me the standard "tell me about yourself." Otherwise the rest of the time we talked was me asking him questions.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple. Came in a chatted with the CEO for about 15 minutes and then was asked back for a second interview. The second interview consisted of a full day shadow from 9-5. I then realized that it was business-to-business sales and they take you on that second interview to show you exactly what it is you would be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

When I arrived, I was greeted by the woman at the front desk. She made some small talk about my weekend plans and handed me a clipboard full of basic questions for me to answer. (Name, address etc)

I was interviewed by the CEO, which I thought was odd for how large they claimed their company was.

It was the easiest interview I've ever had. All he asked me was about what position I held in my previous jobs. He then kept saying, "you have no experience in this field. But that's okay." I felt a little thrown off at the amount of times he stated that sentence in the 15 minute long interview. He then began to sell me on why it was so great to work for them. Throwing out dazzling phrases that seemed designed to attract money starved grads. Things like, "all expense paid business trips across the country" "we'll train you to be a manger in 12 to 14 months." As I was never planning on staying long in that company in the first place, his words didn't interest me.

Never once were the job duties explained to me as to what I'd be doing exactly.

Then two hours after, the CEO called me to offer a second interview. I accepted the offer and was to come in for the interview five days later. It was a full working interview from 9-5.

I immediately began to feel skeptic about the second interview. I live about an hour away from Dublin and have severe driving anxiety as it is. Let alone to hit the freeways during rush hour to work a full unpaid day.

That's when I got on glass door to look at their reviews. And boy let me tell you, I'm glad I did. There were only
    18 reviews when I looked them up and they were one or the other, overly positive or 1 star terrible. I found out that it was door to door business sales. (Disgusting)

The positive reviews were too positive. With absolutely nothing bad to say about the company. They looked cookie cutter and manufactured. All of them had notes like, "keep up the great work team!" (Continued below)

Traveling in the car with a stranger around bad areas of Columbus? No thanks.

It felt like more like a way to get sucked into the human trafficking ring.

Glad I went with my instinct on this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out the online application and a few hours later got a call back to schedule my first interview. The next day went and interviewed with Mr Walker the CEO, was okay went well enough to get a second interview which is a job shadowing experience. Learned a lot from the person I was out with but we made no sales. Brought be back asked me more questions then said well be in touch.. Never heard back from them probably was for the best since I took a job working in insurance and couldnt be happier..