Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through ZipRecruiter and was contacted within 2 days. After a few initial questions back and forth, I came in to meet with the hiring manager. I was then call at the end of the day to come in for a 2nd round which was a full shadow of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

This was just a phone call to see if I was interested in coming for an interview. The person was nice and asked only a few questions. They told me about the position and stated that it would involve, "mentoring and teaching clients." I asked for more details and they offered to send the job listing (since the HR person found me online).
    When I pushed for more details about the company, the HR rep. stated that they worked with "deregulation" in the "energy sector." It all sounded very vague. I suggest thinking very, very hard about interviewing with a company such as this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a 2 day interview process. The first was very brief. Hardly asked any questions. Mostly just talked about the company and what they do. I didn't go to the second interview even though I got it. They mislead the entire position into thinking you'll actually get a base salary and it's not a door to door sales job. All you get is commission but they'll say you'll get 44,000 a year. They're lying. So because of them being deceitful I decided to pass on the second interview. Sounds like a typical sales company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • If you were to start your own company what would be the first thing you do?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 steps. A preliminary first round interview with upper level management to gauge character, and leadership skills. If invited back for a second round you will be taken out for a full day shadow of the job at hand. Very beneficial seeing the day to day of an account executive. Helps one gauge their fit within the company. The third round is a short exit interview recapping the second round interview and answering any questions one still may have.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

It was quick and painless for the first round. Met with the CEO which I thought was odd. Then went on a full day 8-5 training with a current sales person. It's all door to door sales where you have to use your own vehicle and do not get reimbursed for gas. It seemed like a waste of time. The guy I was with was the leading sales person in the region and got to go on a cool trip. No real benefit package either unless you get promoted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What do you know about Walker Marketing and Consultants   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

Called me the next day after I applied through monster.com. Came in for a 15 minute interview. CEO interviewed me and only asked me the standard "tell me about yourself." Otherwise the rest of the time we talked was me asking him questions.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This place is a scam for door to door sales men. Don't fall for it. They interviewed me in someone else's office (not the interviewers). They told me i would be selling cell phone contracts door to door. Very unprofessional how they mislead applicants about the actual job in the job ad description.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real interview questions just more statements that they were asking.   Answer Question

Walker Marketing and Consultants Response

Aug 7, 2015 – HR

We do not do DOOR TO DOOR SALES. WE DO NOT SELL CELL PHONES.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

When I arrived, I was greeted by the woman at the front desk. She made some small talk about my weekend plans and handed me a clipboard full of basic questions for me to answer. (Name, address etc)

I was interviewed by the CEO, which I thought was odd for how large they claimed their company was.

It was the easiest interview I've ever had. All he asked me was about what position I held in my previous jobs. He then kept saying, "you have no experience in this field. But that's okay." I felt a little thrown off at the amount of times he stated that sentence in the 15 minute long interview. He then began to sell me on why it was so great to work for them. Throwing out dazzling phrases that seemed designed to attract money starved grads. Things like, "all expense paid business trips across the country" "we'll train you to be a manger in 12 to 14 months." As I was never planning on staying long in that company in the first place, his words didn't interest me.

Never once were the job duties explained to me as to what I'd be doing exactly.

Then two hours after, the CEO called me to offer a second interview. I accepted the offer and was to come in for the interview five days later. It was a full working interview from 9-5.

I immediately began to feel skeptic about the second interview. I live about an hour away from Dublin and have severe driving anxiety as it is. Let alone to hit the freeways during rush hour to work a full unpaid day.

That's when I got on glass door to look at their reviews. And boy let me tell you, I'm glad I did. There were only
    18 reviews when I looked them up and they were one or the other, overly positive or 1 star terrible. I found out that it was door to door business sales. (Disgusting)

The positive reviews were too positive. With absolutely nothing bad to say about the company. They looked cookie cutter and manufactured. All of them had notes like, "keep up the great work team!" (Continued below)

Traveling in the car with a stranger around bad areas of Columbus? No thanks.

It felt like more like a way to get sucked into the human trafficking ring.

Glad I went with my instinct on this one.

Entry Level - Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Very Unprofessional! Very Misleading! I applied online and heard back from their recruiter within a couple hours. I agreed to go in for an initial interview the next day. When I walked in, there was music playing in the lobby and a girl at the front desk dressed VERY unprofessionally. While she was very nice and talked to me about my weekend plans, I was immediately suspicious. I was interviewed by the CEO and he was nice. Throughout the interview, it felt more like a conversation as he reviewed my resume and answered my questions. I was assured that it was not "sales" and it was potentially a cool opportunity with a great deal of growth. I left feeling a bit more optimistic and when they called me back that afternoon to request a follow up interview, I accepted as I was curious to learn more.

The second interview consists of an all day shadow (9am-5pm). This would give me the opportunity to see first hand what I would be doing. When I arrived I was paired up with two team members. Again, I was surprised by the way women dressed (first impressions are important). This is when I found out that I would spend my entire day in Dayton, OH. I should have spoken up and declined the invitation, but I continued to go along with the day. Frustrated and stuck in Dayton, I felt very mislead and unprepared for the day ahead of me. We spent the day going door to door to different business. There is a great deal of independence in this position, meaning that you must have incredible self-motivation and time-management. While I was told otherwise, this job is sales, which means you are working off of commission. I was very underwhelmed by the professionalism of this company and my day of shadowing only reinforced this.

I learned the hard way! Do your research, ask the right questions and trust your gut!

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process went very quickly -- which is great if you are looking to going right away. The first interview I met with the CEO, Brandon Walker, who was very nice and profession, and clearly excited about what he does. We reviewed my resume, he asked about my strengths and weaknesses, and he explained what the company does and a bit about the position. Two days later, I was doing the second interview where I was able to go along on a day's work with one of the coordinators. She was really nice and it was interesting to see her work. We didn't have the opportunity to pitch anything that day, but I did see her close a deal which gave a lot of insight into the paperwork process. There's a lot of freedom throughout the day, which requires a lot of self-discipline and drive to ensure that you make money. It is, without a doubt, very hard work, but if you like a challenge and like talking with people, then it would be a good fit. The challenge aspect really appealed to me, although I didn't eventually take the job. I don't believe that the business is a scam, like other reviews indicated. They had me worried but it really didn't go down like the reviews would have you believe. I believe it is a very tough business and you need to have the drive, passion, and thick skin to go along with it. Would have been a perfect fit for me right out of college.

Interview Questions

As a single mom, I was afraid to go to a commission based payment. I probably would have been fine and they provide many opportunities to learn and improve in order to get those commissions, but I'm a nervous nelly and was afraid to take the risk. However, if I was a single person, it would have been a no brainer and I would have accepted.