Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I noticed that this company has 6 offices and 180 employees. It is a outside marketing and consulting position that has full training and is paid. I know from experience that companies like this grow very rapidly due to client demand of outsourcing. A- on the BBB is good for me. I am definitely not the personal to believe everything someone says, especially not on the internet. Everyone seems super professional and I am scheduled for a second interview today and will let everyone know how it goes!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone kept talking about how big and fast this company was growing. I saw the staff they are all very attractive

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through ZipRecruiter and was contacted within 2 days. After a few initial questions back and forth, I came in to meet with the hiring manager. I was then call at the end of the day to come in for a 2nd round which was a full shadow of the position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 steps. A preliminary first round interview with upper level management to gauge character, and leadership skills. If invited back for a second round you will be taken out for a full day shadow of the job at hand. Very beneficial seeing the day to day of an account executive. Helps one gauge their fit within the company. The third round is a short exit interview recapping the second round interview and answering any questions one still may have.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Very informational and professional. Definitely took the time to see if I were a good fit for the position. They were also organized. When I got there they knew who I was and that I was coming. They had me fill out an application when I got there. After my first round interview I had to go through a background check to ensure a safe environment with honest people. Everyone is required to also take a drug test before being hired due to their drug free atmosphere. They have three rounds of interviews in order to weed out the candidates that wont work out and also to minimize turnover.

Interview Questions

• What are some of my attributes that could be beneficial to the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I recently graduated with my Bachelors degree and was looking for somewhere to get my foot in the door, so I looked into the Columbus, Ohio area. I sent my resume over through their website. I then received an email from the HR manager. I called into the office to set up an interview to see if it was a good fit. When I got to the office everyone was really professional and outgoing. The office was set up really cute, I could definitely see myself working there. They explained how they were looking to grow and that they needed candidates that were able to communicate well and take on a leadership role when needed. I have experience in retail, I just don't prefer the retail hours so Monday through Friday 8 to 5 set schedule would be great for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I had to deal with in the work place and how did I come up with a solution?   Answer Question

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Walker Marketing contacted me via email to interview with them. They found my resume via Monster. I went in for the initial interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. I was contacted later that day to come in for a full day second interview. The second interview consisted of spending the entire day in the field with a senior sales rep. We drove out of town to a terrotory the rep was currently working and walked around to businesses in that area trying to get them to sign up for Direct Energy. At lunch we discussed everything except salary. They are not supposed to discuss this until you get back to the office at the end of the day. This is when your third interview occurs. At that time I was told I could either work on 100% commision or $300.00 a week plus 20% commision. If you are able to sign up more then 10 business's they say you will make more then the $300.00 a week. We spoke with close to 45 business's and didn't sing any the day I was out. I believe a person with strong selling skills could be succesful at this job. However, they seem to want to move you quickly from level to level until supposedly within 18 months or so you would be running your own office of agents?! I do know the parent company is Cidco. I have not looked into them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

I did not want to travel every day. They do not pay you milage, per diem etc. A cell phone is also required for the job and they do not pay for that either. You are sent to random territories throughout Ohio and work them until completed. I also noticed on my day in the field that there are a ton of other companies doing the same thing. Many business's complained of someone coming in twice a week trying to get them to switch thier Gas provider. I will say that if you were to take a position with any of these companies that Direct Energy seems to have the best deal. They do not lock thier customers into contract like the others do. The rate is simply fixed through the winter and then goes back to a variable in the summer when rates are lower. The staff was very nice and did seem to like thier jobs.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

It was quick and painless for the first round. Met with the CEO which I thought was odd. Then went on a full day 8-5 training with a current sales person. It's all door to door sales where you have to use your own vehicle and do not get reimbursed for gas. It seemed like a waste of time. The guy I was with was the leading sales person in the region and got to go on a cool trip. No real benefit package either unless you get promoted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What do you know about Walker Marketing and Consultants   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out the online application and a few hours later got a call back to schedule my first interview. The next day went and interviewed with Mr Walker the CEO, was okay went well enough to get a second interview which is a job shadowing experience. Learned a lot from the person I was out with but we made no sales. Brought be back asked me more questions then said well be in touch.. Never heard back from them probably was for the best since I took a job working in insurance and couldnt be happier..

Entry Level - Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Very Unprofessional! Very Misleading! I applied online and heard back from their recruiter within a couple hours. I agreed to go in for an initial interview the next day. When I walked in, there was music playing in the lobby and a girl at the front desk dressed VERY unprofessionally. While she was very nice and talked to me about my weekend plans, I was immediately suspicious. I was interviewed by the CEO and he was nice. Throughout the interview, it felt more like a conversation as he reviewed my resume and answered my questions. I was assured that it was not "sales" and it was potentially a cool opportunity with a great deal of growth. I left feeling a bit more optimistic and when they called me back that afternoon to request a follow up interview, I accepted as I was curious to learn more.

The second interview consists of an all day shadow (9am-5pm). This would give me the opportunity to see first hand what I would be doing. When I arrived I was paired up with two team members. Again, I was surprised by the way women dressed (first impressions are important). This is when I found out that I would spend my entire day in Dayton, OH. I should have spoken up and declined the invitation, but I continued to go along with the day. Frustrated and stuck in Dayton, I felt very mislead and unprepared for the day ahead of me. We spent the day going door to door to different business. There is a great deal of independence in this position, meaning that you must have incredible self-motivation and time-management. While I was told otherwise, this job is sales, which means you are working off of commission. I was very underwhelmed by the professionalism of this company and my day of shadowing only reinforced this.

I learned the hard way! Do your research, ask the right questions and trust your gut!