Walker Marketing and Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

It was quick and painless for the first round. Met with the CEO which I thought was odd. Then went on a full day 8-5 training with a current sales person. It's all door to door sales where you have to use your own vehicle and do not get reimbursed for gas. It seemed like a waste of time. The guy I was with was the leading sales person in the region and got to go on a cool trip. No real benefit package either unless you get promoted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What do you know about Walker Marketing and Consultants   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 steps. A preliminary first round interview with upper level management to gauge character, and leadership skills. If invited back for a second round you will be taken out for a full day shadow of the job at hand. Very beneficial seeing the day to day of an account executive. Helps one gauge their fit within the company. The third round is a short exit interview recapping the second round interview and answering any questions one still may have.

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Walker Marketing contacted me via email to interview with them. They found my resume via Monster. I went in for the initial interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. I was contacted later that day to come in for a full day second interview. The second interview consisted of spending the entire day in the field with a senior sales rep. We drove out of town to a terrotory the rep was currently working and walked around to businesses in that area trying to get them to sign up for Direct Energy. At lunch we discussed everything except salary. They are not supposed to discuss this until you get back to the office at the end of the day. This is when your third interview occurs. At that time I was told I could either work on 100% commision or $300.00 a week plus 20% commision. If you are able to sign up more then 10 business's they say you will make more then the $300.00 a week. We spoke with close to 45 business's and didn't sing any the day I was out. I believe a person with strong selling skills could be succesful at this job. However, they seem to want to move you quickly from level to level until supposedly within 18 months or so you would be running your own office of agents?! I do know the parent company is Cidco. I have not looked into them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

I did not want to travel every day. They do not pay you milage, per diem etc. A cell phone is also required for the job and they do not pay for that either. You are sent to random territories throughout Ohio and work them until completed. I also noticed on my day in the field that there are a ton of other companies doing the same thing. Many business's complained of someone coming in twice a week trying to get them to switch thier Gas provider. I will say that if you were to take a position with any of these companies that Direct Energy seems to have the best deal. They do not lock thier customers into contract like the others do. The rate is simply fixed through the winter and then goes back to a variable in the summer when rates are lower. The staff was very nice and did seem to like thier jobs.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

the interview process was good there were alot of untruths and manipulation tho. they will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door then hope your to stupid to leave

Interview Questions

• how well do you work on your own   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This place is a scam for door to door sales men. Don't fall for it. They interviewed me in someone else's office (not the interviewers). They told me i would be selling cell phone contracts door to door. Very unprofessional how they mislead applicants about the actual job in the job ad description.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real interview questions just more statements that they were asking.   Answer Question

Walker Marketing and Consultants Response

Aug 7, 2015 – HR

We do not do DOOR TO DOOR SALES. WE DO NOT SELL CELL PHONES.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through Monster and was contacted by a HR Rep the next day. I was informed that the interview process would be in three stages, initial in person review, full day ride-along, and final interview. I was able to setup an appointment immediately.
    I attended the first interview in which I met with management. We went over the company's attributes and established a basis for the second stage. The first interview was brief, as if they were testing your abilities to be professional rather than taking a strong interest in your qualifications. I was invited to attend the second stage in which I would shadow an employee, however I respectfully declined because the position was not as described in the posting, and I had no interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Hilliard, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Very basic, easy interview. No out of the ordinary questions. Interview lasted twenty minutes and I got called back two hours later to schedule a 2nd interview. They seem desperate for workers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Seemed like a scam, and I read awful reviews about the company.

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Interview

I should have gone with my instincts on this one and cancelled my interview. I visited the website to gather a little bit more information on this company. I also wanted to do a little bit more research as the interview confirmation email listed a position other than the one I had applied for. I feel like the website in itself should have been enough to keep me away but I figured it'd be better to not judge a book by it's cover (or a company by its website in this case)

Upon first entering I was greeted by a receptionist wearing a ridiculously short miniskirt. I was a little bit confused because the confirmation email states that the interview is business formal. She hands you a form with several basic questions. Are you presently employed is one.

While waiting to be interviewed the receptionist answered the phone, greeting as human resources. She was also making small chat with other candidates about what type of music they listen to and where they live. In between her chatty questions they candidates were discussing a lot of things that you just don't discuss in front of people that you're looking to get hired by. This made me question the caliber of employees this company brings in if these were the candidates up against me.

They were running late on interviews, which is okay, but a candidate that was scheduled to interview before me showed up after me and was still taken back before me.

I pretty much knew that I wanted nothing to do with this company but went through with the interview for the fun of it- just to see what they would say. They ask basic interview questions such as salary expectations. The one question that threw me off was when I was asked how I feel about travel. My interviewer went on a big tangent about how they took the receptionist on an all expense paid trip to Miami and they stayed a floor below where they shoot the Kardashian's show. You can tell just by being in the office that it's just NOT that kind of company and they'll say anything to lure desperate, potential employees in.

Interview Questions

• Are you presently employed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Dublin, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Very informational and professional. Definitely took the time to see if I were a good fit for the position. They were also organized. When I got there they knew who I was and that I was coming. They had me fill out an application when I got there. After my first round interview I had to go through a background check to ensure a safe environment with honest people. Everyone is required to also take a drug test before being hired due to their drug free atmosphere. They have three rounds of interviews in order to weed out the candidates that wont work out and also to minimize turnover.

Interview Questions

• What are some of my attributes that could be beneficial to the company?   Answer Question