Walking Company Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walking Company Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Farmington, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional and disorganized from start to finish. They lost all my paperwork and application and made me fill out a new one on the spot. When I asked for clarification on certain questions which didn't even make sense, the manager told me to just skip over them. Then they didn't even know my correct name or its spelling. The interviewing manager was extremely young, inexperienced, and unprofessional. They offered me the job bud I decided not to accept.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of retail sales experience do you have? How do you manage difficult customers?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Lancaster, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Worst experiece ever. After alot of back and forth to pick a time to talk, The interview lasted a total of 5 minutes. The person interviewung me was in the car driving and had to pull over. He told me they already had someone for the position and tried to talk me into another location. He then had the nerve to ask me if I knew someone that might be interested. A total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Garden City, NY).

Interview

Asked a lot of questions, Easy hire. Just make sure your have experience working in sales. Be extremely positive and kind in this type of atmosphere. There were some negotiations about the salary. I recommend that you ask for two dollars more than you made at your other job. Don't go for less. Commission is great too.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working in sales? Do you like shoes? Are you responsible?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Newport News, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online June 10th and got a call to be interviewed on the 18th. When I went to the interview we had a basic conversation so that she could feel me out as a person. I must have been really impressive because I didn't have to go through the second interview with the DM. She offered me the position on the spot upon me passing a background check. She called me on the 25th and offered me position as a Key Holder. By the 26th I was hired and began work on the 29th. I must say it was a great process for me.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is the difference between a manager and a leader?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Broomfield, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Chatted with store manager for a bit about previous job experience as well as past positions. Very easy going, they just want to see of you have the personality for retail i.e outgoing. Asked a few questions about customer service experiences and how I get along with others.

Interview Questions

• questions about customer service/management experience   Answer Question

Store Business Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by another Store Manager. It went well. She set up a phone interview with the DM.
    I was not called for that interview time. When I called to follow up I was told another candidate had the first choice of time. A little rude. DM went through s courtesy interview for 15 minutes on the phone. He had made his choice before the call and wax wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• Are you still at your last job? Are you available all hours?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

i never had any sales experience.i had three interviews for a sales associate position. it was not hard, just basic questions to ask about your sales experience. i wonder why cant they condense it to one or two interview. my interviewers are nice and respectful.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Paramus, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interveiw started late, interveiw was very unprofessional and rude and insulting. I ,in fact had to call the corporate office to make a complaint. I was very upset after traveling a good while for this interveiw. What a waste of time and gas and money.

Interview Questions

• Why do I wanna work for walking company?
      What could I bring to the company?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Wauwatosa, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

2 face-to-face interviews the 1st one with 2 store managers MY 2nd one was with a manager to be. THe process took about a week to complete and it was NOT worth the wait for the small pay. I was then SUPPOsed to moved up to a KEYHOLDER BUT I guess the manager had a change of heart Im not sure

Interview Questions

• name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

NON NEGOTIABLE 7.85

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walking Company Holdings (Manchester, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

2 face to face interviews which were comfortable and rather enjoyable. Met with Training Manager and District Manager. After initial interview I was shown the store as well as stock room and products. It was very informative!