Wall Street English Foreign Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wall Street English Foreign Trainer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wall Street English (Hartford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a 2 round Skype interview process. The first was asking the general information and the second asks you to walk through a lesson plan you create for teaching a particular grammar point.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: general questions about you, your teaching background and qualifications, and some general questions about ESL teaching pedagogy. Also a couple of questions about ICQ's and CCQ's- what are they, when to use them, etc.

Round 2: more specific questions about the lesson plan you create, how you would teach it, etc. Also a couple of questions about how you might deal with specific problems that could arise in the class in terms of students not understanding the grammar.   Answer Question

Pay and benefits were too low.

Other Interview Reviews for Wall Street English

Foreign Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

First round interview - Normal "fit" interview with HR. You will give personal information with regards to your resume, and they will give you information with regards to the position. If you are successful during this interview (i.e. you fit the minimum advertised educational/certification/experience qualifications to a "T" and aren't crazy.), you will be asked to submit a mock lesson plan and then be forwarded to a Service Manager to set up the second round interview.

Second round interview - Competency interview with a Service Manager to include 1) knowledge of ESL methodology, 2) an ability to plan lessons and social events. The Service Manager will have you walk him/her through your lesson plan and ask you some questions. You will also be asked about planning social events (i.e. center parties ideas), for instance). If you succeed here, you will receive an official offer letter in a week. If you don't succeed, you will receive notification of that outcome in a week as well.

(Note for the second round interview: Although it is unlikely, you will not always get a foreign SM. And if you get a local Chinese SM, be prepared for some idiotic stuff, to include 1. an inability to understand his/her English over the phone, 2. a lack of knowledge with regards to ESL methodology, and 3. Crazy questions and general "little emperor" syndrome that accompanies Chinese management culture.)

After hire - You are asked to provide information/documentation necessary for the company to apply for your visa in-country. Necessary information/documentation is then sent to you so you can complete "your end" at the necessary foreign embassy/consulate. The embassy releases your visa, then you fly. Once you land, you go to training (one week long) and complete you residency paperwork.

Interview Questions

• "What are your ideas for in-center parties?"   1 Answer
    • "Pretend I'm a student. Teach me a class with your lesson plan."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. You get the advertised salary (11,200 RMB or 16,000 RMB depending on whether you're full-time or part-time), with yearly performance reviews/raises after that.

Foreign Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2011.

Interview

Although Wall Street English prefer to hire teachers who are already resident in the country, I applied for a position in China while in Europe. After passing the first round of interviews with HR, the second round (about 2 weeks later) entailed writing out a formal lesson plan of my own on the topic of teaching "could be" vs. "must be" to learners. In the second interview, I had to explain this plan and my teaching methodology to a centre manager.

Note that while WSE emphasizes the desire for teachers with a strong and up-to-date grasp of teaching methodologies, none of this will actually be relevant in the job, as teachers do very little teaching, instead being mere 'facilitators' for 'The Wall Street Method'.

Interview Questions

• How would you correct errors in the students pronunciation in the classroom?   Answer Question

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wall Street English in April 2010.

Interview

The first interview was with the regional Teacher Trainer/Recruiter and consisted of a chat about my previous teaching experience and my approach to teaching. For the second interview I taught a demo class to some current students and was observed by the Service Manager. Afterwards I had a chance to reflect on how the lesson had gone and what changes I would make if I taught it again.

Interview Questions

• If you've taken the CELTA or an equivalent qualification none of the questions should be terribly taxing.   Answer Question