Wall Street English Foreign Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wall Street English Foreign Trainer Interview Questions

Foreign Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wall Street English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2011.

Interview

Although Wall Street English prefer to hire teachers who are already resident in the country, I applied for a position in China while in Europe. After passing the first round of interviews with HR, the second round (about 2 weeks later) entailed writing out a formal lesson plan of my own on the topic of teaching "could be" vs. "must be" to learners. In the second interview, I had to explain this plan and my teaching methodology to a centre manager.

Note that while WSE emphasizes the desire for teachers with a strong and up-to-date grasp of teaching methodologies, none of this will actually be relevant in the job, as teachers do very little teaching, instead being mere 'facilitators' for 'The Wall Street Method'.

Interview Questions

• How would you correct errors in the students pronunciation in the classroom?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wall Street English

Foreign Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wall Street English in April 2010.

Interview

The first interview was with the regional Teacher Trainer/Recruiter and consisted of a chat about my previous teaching experience and my approach to teaching. For the second interview I taught a demo class to some current students and was observed by the Service Manager. Afterwards I had a chance to reflect on how the lesson had gone and what changes I would make if I taught it again.

Interview Questions

• If you've taken the CELTA or an equivalent qualification none of the questions should be terribly taxing.   Answer Question