Walmart Any Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Smyrna, DE).

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview, they checked references the next day, called me in to sign paperwork and gave me papers for drug test. Within the week I got an offer!

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to work in hot conditions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

straight and simple. what do I want to start with and when can I start. What are your expectations in this job. how did you heard of this position .

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was lied to in the interview and training process repeatedly. They do not care about health issues, disabilities, school or family obligations. They are very uninformative. They hire people for one job, but change it in orientation, or hire you and you find out what the job is in orientation. Orientation is not standardized. It can be 30 minutes to 8 hours. It veries greatly on what is included. Everyone had a different story, and all complained they were lied to and not at all prepared for the actual job. The interview is long and over involved, and you have to answer all of the numerous questions from the application all over again, plus many more, and retake the personality test, in person.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Quick and simple. They asked a variety of questions to get to know me better asking me to go take a drug test at my local doctors office. Everything else was a piece of cake from there on. CBLS were long but were not hard and overall everything was very easy

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Application on computer- some steps were somewhat difficult to understand and had to stop employees for help in order to continue, drug test- had to re-do 3 times, personal interview-1/2 hour or so, then 2-3 day paid orientation, tour of facility. This process did require a little time to get through.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle (various) certain situations with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager asked lots of questions to see if you are able to handle certain physical task, as well as if you will remain calm if you had to help an irate customer and if your time available meets their requirements.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

First interview they asked you about certain senarios and what you would do in those senarious, second interview was the same questions, job title, pay rate, and when you were gonna start orientation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a rude costumer   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to talk about yourself or show some sort of drive. Most people just think they can ask for a job and be given it. Coorpotations want to hire people that want to work for them.. don't waist their time showing. Up in jeans and being unresponsive. Sure you want the job because you have bills but I don't want to hire you unless you make me care about those bills too. Be personable and ready to go throu two interviews, one with the hourly supervisior who is basically screening for the salary management so that their time isn't waisted. If you pass those be prepared to drug test today....as soon as u leave . You won't get a second chance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wet above and. Beyond to help a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Plains, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (West Plains, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Kind and understanding management that helped me get to know my workplace better. Explained the working conditions, and how to act to represent Walmart correctly. They ask you a few questions; such as: have you ever been convicted of a felony, are or were you ever excessively violent before, how do you work with others, what do you have an interest in if you are to work here, and it's pretty much the same thing as any other job interview.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Clarksville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked a bunch of random questions. I straight up told them I was nervous and sucked at interviews. Lol. I also told them which jobs I preferred and any problems I had (seizures).

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

This interview was a Cattle Call for new store. They needed bodies fast. Everyone was very nice. No one asked any difficult or tricky questions. I had one individual and one panel interview, one after another. They made the offer at the panel interview. If they didn't set me to unloading trucks, I might have stayed.