Walmart Asset Protection Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Asset Protection Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.8

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very nice, asked basic questions, the interviewer told me about the job and what is required and than set me up with a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Describe what you could do to prevent theft from Walmart stores. What do you bring to the table? What makes you stand out? Describe a time when you used customer service outside of your work environment. Is your schedule flexible? How soon are you able to start? What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions

• Pay close attention to customers and surroundings. Keep customers satisfied. Always try best to help the customers if not find someone who can help them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Valdosta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a three part interview. I was first called by the Personal Manager who did a over the phone interview and confirmed certain information. She then progressed me to a face to face interview with department managers. The first manager confirmed my paper application info, we gave formal introductions and discussed company policies. He really provided a relaxed atmosphere and a foundation to the interviewing process.
     I like the way he asked questions concerning my experience in retail also Law Enforcement. We discussed my strengths, weaknesses and assets that u could contribute to the company.

I was then progressed in 30 mins to the Assets Protection Manager where we elaborated my qualifications in a conference setting with several managers at once. It was a busy process where she allowed me to get comfortable and express my skills and professional experiences openly.
    We communicated standard procedure and properly executed teamwork importance. She explained the position and took me in a walk through of the company.

Interview Questions

• Explain how I contributed a customer, client, or community beyond my call of duty or job detail?   1 Answer
    • How would I handle an associate who feels that the job detail is not their responsibility?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone and then face to face. Phone interview was very easy and basic, then I was asked to come in for a face to face. The in person interview was fair and balanced. Talked about education and work history and what they want from the ideal candidate. Once you find out what they are looking for just plug in your answers to sell yourself as that "ideal candidate"

Interview Questions

• Flexibility and prior experience. Very basic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They get your starting pay from your prior work experience.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed from the outside, meaning I am not a current or have I ever been a walmart employee, but I had the experience in loss prevention they were seeking, but coming from the outside you are first interviewed by a department manager who scores your interview and if you score high enough, you are then interviewed by the manager who you will be working under. The questions you will be asked if you are coming from the outside are situational questions. Best advice is looking at the S.T.A.R interview website. It really gives you an idea on how they want you to answer questions, but you also need to use real life examples because they want detail. It will be the same thing with the department manager. The asset protection manager basically wanted my experience situations in loss prevention and wanted to know about my overall personal integrity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with dealing with a difficult customer. Explain how you handled the situation and what steps you took to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to complete an assignment using team work. What role did you play and what steps did you take to complete the assignment effectively and on time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation. They will tell you what the position starts out at with no experience and then they will put your past experience whether from walmart or another company into the computer and that will determine a pay grade, so if you have experience in the position you are applying for more than likely you will start at a higher hourly wage than what the position actually starts at.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lancaster, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Like any other interview I came dressed appropriately and 20 minutes early. As I walked in I introduced my self to any employee I saw. I gave my self a tour and glanced at where some products might be in the store. I watched the asset protection associates work so I get the feel for the job before the interview and training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in security?   1 Answer
    • When a customer attempts to steal something and goes out your door what is your reaction?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Took awhile before I got a call. It was a two part interview. One with a dept manager and one with the asset protection manager. Everyone was very nice and it was a relaxed envoirment. Eye contact and a firm hand shake makes for a good first impression

Interview Questions

• They ask situational questions so have good answers and stories   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Topeka, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called within 2 weeks of applying online. I went in and was interviewed by the sporting goods department manager, she asked me multiple questions of different scenarios, then I was passed on to the Asset Protection Manager who asked me very few questions if any, we just talked about the job, she told me about what I would be doing, what to expect and job compensation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation, what did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three interviews. One with your potential direct manager. The first interview is six behavioral questions. The second interview was with the market asset Protection manager and took place on the sales floor. For the second interview they basically just ask what you would watch for on the floor. The third was with the store Manager. Fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had more than one project to complete.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Had 2 interviews for the position ranging in questions from critical thinking, customer service, etc basically to see if I am able to think quickly and problem solve by myself utilizing the policies and guideline's provided for me.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service, being in AP you do not want to favor the customer but more or less going after the criminal therefore it is hard to give a good answer to the question to mold the job description.   Answer Question