Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart (Akron, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me for interview knowing I had worked at kmart as a manager for years then called me 3 days later and said I worked in to small of a company to handle walmart what a joke that was

Interview Questions

• Why did your company lose so much business   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Long and intimidating. The questions that they ask are long and drawn out. The question is asked all at once with all the follow up questions lumped in. Also, the questions really are not geared towards what kind of knowledge that you have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to apply good judgement. What was the situation, how did you determine what needed to be done. What resources, people, or tools did you use, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Uniondale, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interrupted several times. Moved locations after nearly every other question. Did not seem at times that I was being listened to. A distracting experience overall. Seemed haphazard, unprepared and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle saying no?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Aurora, IL).

Interview

8 questions for internals over the phone.

Be specific dont drift away from the question get to the point. Keep each question about two minutes long and ask questions about what they are looking for in a asm and about problems that exist currently in their store.

Interview Questions

• Be specific about a time when you had to overcome a obstacle to complete a project and what steps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Basic. prior situations, execution, customer service, explained in details how, what, who, end result and resources used. First interview on experience, second more in detail on reactions and results, third is drug screen and background check if firearm store. then call from recruiter to start and pay covered.

Interview Questions

• Customer service going out of your way and what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Ithaca, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

application online took about an hour to complete with all the agree or disagree statements/personality questions.
    got called for an interview two days later.
    had the interview a couple weeks later because I was in a different state.

Interview Questions

• situational questions...tell me about a time...6 of them   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Store Manager and one of their Co-Managers.
    Interview consisted of 8-10 behavior-based questions, covering subjects of judgement, customer service, planning and execution, communication, and ethics.
    Interviewers discussed general job responsibilities, PTO, scheduling, and training.
    Two weeks after the interview, I received a phone call from the corporate office to discuss an offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your current position to improve customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Midland, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Basically there was no interview process the person I interviewed was not in my department and really had no interest in what I was planning to do with a company

Interview Questions

• If I had a criminal background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Met with the HR manager and a Co manager in their training room.
    Asked a series of questions and both were very quiet.
    End of interview I was told Salary and asked for drug test and they will email me within 24 48 hours further instructions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself other then your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

2 to 3 managers asking questions about how you would deal with different situations. How would you contribute to this company? Why should we hire you? How have you dealt with difficult situations in the past and what was the outcome? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee wanted you to help them steal.   Answer Question