Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

201 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Bangor, ME) in March 2015.

Interview

Situational questions. No right or wrong answer - the interviewers are measuring how you would respond in a particular situation, what you have for problem solving skills. If you don't have an actual example in your experience, use a hypothetical example. Multi part questions, and some interviewers will rattle off 5-6 parts of a question all together. It's ok to ask them to repeat it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service to a customer, a co-worker or someone outside the workplace. Describe the situation and what steps you took to resolve it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

was very thorough. I do not recall the entire process but it was not difficult. Everyone was very friendly and through . It was a very good interview and very good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply online. You have to pass an assessment that is fairly simple.. common sense mostly. The interview was about 6 questions. Basically they ask you about problem solving or task completion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was internal so i wasn't able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I drove 2 hours for an interview and that was a waste of time. Interviewed with an LPM and shift manager. Interview went well. Had a phone interview also. The recruiter said I made it past the 1st round. But was not selected. Whatever. Thanks for wasting my gas and mileage driving out to Akron.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about customer service problem solving time management and other management situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Sat down with three store managers, one who managed the store that I worked at, and they asked me a series of questions. The typical what would you do if....Have you ever...types of questions. After the interview i was told that I would be contacted later. It was about a week later when I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you recover.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

process was very easy a lot of the same questions just asked differently a lot of what would you do and how would you do it pretty basic questions for a retail job how do you handle heated situations do you crack or preform under extreme pressure

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process could be a long process, depending upon how quickly the positions need to be filled. The interview process typically consists of at least one interview with either the store manager or the market human resource manager, and then a follow up call.

Interview Questions

• The questions are your typical situational interview type of questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a tough interview. You need to do your homework on the company. Dress professional. Please be on time and ask questions about the opportunity as well so they can see you are interested

Interview Questions

• What are your procedures for handling attendance issued   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cicero, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was over the phone. I was a level 7 hourly supervisor already in walmart. The hiring manager was the Store manager from the store I had applied to. He asked me about 10 or 15 questions. He was hiring at the very last minute so I heard back by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach or train another associate.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

submitted it online and called them, they called back with few questions about location and hours. then asked me to go to their office for the formal talk. there wasn't anything specific or difficult. just wanted to make sure i can handle the job.