Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Had a phone interview. received a phone call with an offer. there was a webinar that described the training and set up a 6 week training out of town.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on tell me a time when you????? ex. had to resolve a conflict between employees or had to assist an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied on line, was called with in a week to have a phone interview with one of the co-managers. Phone interview lasted about a half an hour. I was called two weeks later for another interview this one was in person at the store. The interview was with the Store Manager and the Asset Protection Manager. There was a series of questions that they read from. The more detailed you were the better that you answered the question. I then had a phone conversation with the Market Human Resource Manager. I had to do a background check and pre employment drug screen. All of this probably took
    about a month. Also when you fill out the application on line there is an assessment test that you have to take and if you don't pass that you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pre printed and they can choose one from a list of two. It is broken down by competencies that you need to show that you can do to be able to do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

they ask you a lot of competency based questions, be honest, have and answer and an example. The manager you interview with may also ask you some questions off their pre scripted sheet so me ready for anything. They want consistent reliable people

Interview Questions

• again the questions are situational, but be sure to have a lot of examples ready with very specific details   Answer Question

Negotiation

drug test, signing some papers not really any negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Use the star method. At least 9 questions. Always provide a result. Panel interview. Multiple interviews. Answers should be shaped around retail experience. Interviewed with the store manager and a shift Manager. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Asked about previous experience. Asked why I wanted the job. The experience was stressful, but successful. It is very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that was difficult to complete on time. How was it difficult? How did you finish it on time while maintaining a focus on quality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Christiansburg, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process consists of a series of questions geared towards understanding your problem solving strategies and analysis of your behavior and thinking skills. The questions are all very similar and most make the mistake of answering the same for each question. Listen carefully and you will see that there are minor differences that change your answer significantly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help someone it appeared you could not initially help.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 questions all based around customer service and business. The recruiter gives you YouTube videos to watch to help answer question. The interviews vary based on if you have on in-store or at a recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to take care of a customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview mostly behavioral based questions. The second interview was with the market human resources manager, and the third was with the store manager I would be working with. All one-on-one interview. First interview was the longest at about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• how have you participated in merchandising and to what benefit did it give to the (store)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they offer and you can accept or decline

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I started interviewing for a salaried position in January and began pushing my resume out to market human resources managers. They were all punctual with responses and enthusiastic to meet me and interview me. I only interviewed with three stores and was offered 2/3 of the stores. I accepted a position and am going to the store after a 6 week training class.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

very orderly, they were very particular on who and what they wanted and how they wanted it. this is pretty much the gyst of the process that was practiced. that is all that I can think of now.

Anonymous Employee in Spring Lake, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Spring Lake, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

For me the interview process was fairly easy, but I studied everything that I could about panel interviews and The STAR method for answering situational questions. I went to a job fair and gave my resume to one of the managers at their table. He asked me a few questions, made some notes and we shook hands. I didn't expect to hear from them because I don't have a degree. About a week or so later I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. When I got to the store to interview, there were 29 other candidates, so I was sure I wouldn't be hired. We were all veterans or about to be. We watched a quick video, filled out an application and waited to be seen. They gave some of us a tour of the store we were at, Spring Lake, NC. While some of us were touring, others were doing the panel interview. Once I was called in for the interview, there were 3 managers waiting. We shook hands, sat down and they explained how the process would work. One of them asked about 6 questions that basically wanted to determine how I have dealt with work related challenges in the past. They have to be situations that pertain to you, not a team or your store, you and how you handled it. They scored my answers while I spoke and showed no emotion. I was a bit nervous because I normally get a smile or some form of conversation. After they questioned me, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a couple and they suddenly became nice again and we talked for a few minutes. I felt better. We shook hands and that was it. I received a call three weeks later with an offer and information on my next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the integrity of your staff members came into question. What was the issue, was there a valid reason to question their integrity, how did you handle it and what was the outcome (something like that).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They give you an offer based on experience and you accept or decline.