Walmart Assistant Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Recruiter reached out soon after applying online. Phone interview was brief, with the standard experience related questions. They went over salary range, benefits, bonus potential, and the interview hiring event for the following month. 2 panel interview, with 2 sets of 2 people (HR and Store Manager). Behavioral and situation based questions. After the interview, we were told we would hear back from the recruiter by the following weeks end, with decisions. I didn't hear anything back for about 6 weeks. Voice mails and emails not returned, until finally the rejection email was sent. When I asked for feedback specific to my interview that led to this status, I was told there is none.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you finished a major project ahead of time. What resources did you use and what were the results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2017.

Interview

So I applied for the position. I received a call two days later for a interview over the phone. It went really good. He said i would hear something back from HR. I am just waiting.

Interview Questions

• What will be your biggest challenge working here ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Alexandria, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart. Recruiter reached out, Phone interview was brief, with the standard experience related questions. They went over salary range, benefits. 2 panel interview, with 2 sets of 2 people (HR and Store Manager). Behavioral and situation based question. A total of 9 questions .

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a panel. 2 store managers and a Corporate HR person, That being said it was fairly painless. It was a typical star question interview. looking for behavioral tenancies

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to convince someone to see things your way
      What is the suitation What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

The interview was really relaxed. They delved deep into my previous retail experience so be prepared to compare your retail experience with Walmart. The questions will make you think and often had 3 parts to them. Be sure to use the STAR method. Also make sure to describe your process of making a decision or do something when answering the question.

I am currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the position entails?
      Describe a time when you had to show ethics and integrity within a company   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online passed the test. The next day i received a phone call from the HR coordinator for a brief 5-minute phone interview. Next I was invited for a face to face interview which was held at a hotel. The interviewer was a nice guy and a Co - Manager at one of the local stores. He told me my resume looks great and he wished that he has an open position at his store. Straight up out the box he said there are 24 applicants that they were interviewing for 3 open positions. He said that he has no idea how HR will be picking the most qualified applicant. At the end of the interview he stated that i should be hearing from HR. The interview happened a day ago i will be revising the offer portion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard or out of the ordinary. Basically questions about me and my past jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The phone interview with HR was more intense than those I had with other companies. Be prepared to give examples of different management scenarios (planning, development, opportunities, etc.). The second interview was competency based but you also learn more about the company. Everyone was very professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to win someone over with one of your ideas   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 30 minutes. They asked basic interview questions. They wanted to hear more about your experience than your education. The manager and co-manager were very friendly. It was a very easy, very fair, interview. Be sure to have a few questions to have at the end and be sure to do your research on the company and the opportunities they have available. Don't be afraid to show your personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through the online portal, was contacted within 2 weeks by a Store Mgr. They told me that even though I was a recent grad and had extensive experience in retail and professional services, with experience in leading, coaching, and developing others, I needed to be in a dept/support mgr role for at least a year. All due respect, I understand that filling outs, maintaining inventory, and task management can be a long learning process for a typical associate but my resume and career clearly indicates that I could be an exception, however I was still excluded from the process. Corporate clearly prioritizes "lifers", and by that, I mean those in their existing workforce that have no external development, have a lack of higher education, and exploits their desperation as they know their "suitable" candidate has zero opportunities elsewhere. I was told by the store manager that they were constantly looking at new talent for the position as it has high turnover; flex scheduling, long hours, high stress due to nature of retail...which further solidifies my assessment of their hiring strategy.

Anonymous Employee in Ellaville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Ellaville, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply through the wire, make sure you've taken all the necessary assessments. The hiring manager from the location you applied at will call you to schedule an over the phone or in person interview. They will ask 5 to 7 questions. Once you've done the interview you will receive a call about the offer if you met the requirements fro hire. Accept offer. You then will have to do a background check(firearms sales)and a drug screening. within 24hrs of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an important decision   1 Answer