Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

137 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You feel out the application on line and take a test if you pass it the next step is a Phone Interview with store manager. They training is great they teach you the Wal-Mart way of doing business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Very simple. They called to set up a panel interview with the Market that you are going to be in. This includes a two panel process with Store Managers. Simple questions and nothing hard, just be at ease while answering and be thoughtful of what you are going to say. I got a call from home office and a job offer two days after.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2017.

Interview

Market team was professional and courteous. Store managers were knowledgeable and professional. Due to the demand on the company, patience is required as personnel is very busy. Do not lose heart! They got to management because they are talented and educated. They do care and they are working to get to you!

Interview Questions

• They need to know if you are experienced in Walmart processes and leading change   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hi-Nella, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Walmart (Hi-Nella, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Do not get hired was interview by the asst mgr instead of the store mgr she was there when I went but never introduce herself , My thoughts about it was a big joke question asked wasnt about the job .
    Only question was why did I want to work there and the rest was about her becoming a store mgr

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Asheville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call asking if I would be willing to do a phone interview the next day, which I was. This was somewhat surprising to me since I never applied for this job, but oh well. The phone interview was a conference call with one of the store co-managers, someone from personnel, training, and at least two others whose positions were not specified. The call lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a few distinct sections. The first section was a very open-ended "tell us about yourself." After determining that these guys had basically no information on me and no copy of my resume, I gave them a quick personal history, major preferences, and work history. The second section was a structured question and answer session. The questions all followed the format of stating a topic , asking for a description of an event or action in which I demonstrated the topic, asking for details on the steps taken, and finally the results of my actions. I found this very easy, actually, since I had plenty of experience in all of the scenarios to pop out a good answer without having to put any thought into it.

Interview Questions

• 1) Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment: Describe a recent job-related situation where you had to make an important business decision.
      -Why was the decision important?
      -What steps did you take?
      -What information did you consider?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What was the outcome?
      -How did that outcome affect your future decisions?

2) Customer/Member Centered: Focus On The Customer: Describe the steps you have taken to ensure that your organization delivered a high level of customer service. Please provide specific examples.
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What processes or services, if any, have you changed based on your efforts?
      -How have you helped teach and train others in this area?
      -How have your efforts impacted your organization?   Answer Question
    • 3) Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results: Describe a time when you and your team completed a critical project despite a heavy workload?
      -How did you assist your team in meeting their goals?
      -What actions did you take to ensure the work was completed accurately and on time?
      -What challenges did you and your team face and how did you overcome them?
      -What was the outcome?
      -What, specifically, did you learn from this experience?

4) Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement: Describe the process you have used to ensure your work plans are coordinated and aligned with company initiatives and direction. Please provide specific examples.
      -Who did you involve?
      -What facts, information, or data did you consider?
      -How did you set your timelines?
      -What was the impact of your efforts?   Answer Question
    • 5) Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment: Describe a time when you had to influence a group to support a significant change in work processes or procedures.
      -What information did you consider?
      -What resistance did you face, and how did you overcome that resistance?
      -How did you build support for the change?
      -How did you compare your group's performance to organizational objectives?
      -How did you help the group adapt to the change?
      -What was the result of your efforts?

6) Talent: Supervise Associates: Describe the process that you go through in planning for future staffing needs.
      -What steps have you taken?
      -What business requirements and other information do you consider?
      -Who else do you involve?
      -How has this process assisted you in determining who to recruit and hire?
      -What challenges have you faced, and how have you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • 7) Adaptability: Quickly Adapt: Describe a job-related situationin which you had to overcome an obstacle or other difficulty.
      -What was the obstacle or difficulty?
      -What steps did you take?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What worked? What didn't work?
      -What was the outcome?

8) Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance: What steps have you taken to communicate and support the highest standards of integrity and ethics in your area of responsibility? Please provide specific examples.
      -How have you judged the success of your efforts?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What worked? What didn't work?
      -How have you enforced compliance?   Answer Question
    • 9) What was the most difficult work situation you were ever in? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

10) What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Ask scenarios and how you would respond
    Ask you 7-10 questions .
    Takes 30 minutes to 1 hour over the phone
    You hear silence for awhile after you answer and they will ask you to elaborate on why you answered the way you did and ask more defining questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important business decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

apply on line, assessment, phone screen, group screening, individual interview, background check, drug screen, job offer. they place you where they want, not your choice. training classroom and in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Starts with the phone interview, meet and greet with the store manager then the drug test. Just make sure you know about the previous employments. Do not hesitate to negotiate your salary after the job offer. It always works. Your first day at work starts on orientation day in a nearby Walmart store. Then they instruct you where to go for the training. Usually its in CT or NJ. Total process take 4 to 6 months before they give you the actual store where you'll be working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Three to four questions on tell me a time when etc etc. Make sure you know all your P&L questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ironwood, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Ironwood, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager after applying on line . HR and one other person on telephone conference call. The interview was not as stressful as I had anticipated. Remember to bring your resume (copy) and I included the 30 plus training certificates (copies) I had collected throughout my previous career.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were geared towards you capabilities in managing employees.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Coppell, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First, you apply online, and then they send you an email in order to interview with you 1:1. Then you go to their headquarters interview in person. After that, I did not even received an email saying that they found another candidate. I just did assume.