Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They have made the interviews a whole day event where you get to meet and mingle with higher managers within the region, and they provide the opportunity to help give you advice that will help you in your career as a manager. The actual interview is a panel interview with 2 market level managers.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions related to how you have handled different situations that a manager would face in their role and how you would handle them in the position you are interviewing for, but then also want to hear about a situation where you may have handled something similar from your past experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

In depth, there were many steps to the interview process. The process started with a questionnaire, phone interview, in person interview, and another in person interview. Some of the questions made me think and were very enlightening.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very in-depth on business, like how the store is doing financially and what can be improved in the store and what you've done personally to improve the entire store and also what you have done to improve your section or area of the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the overall look or in stock at the store   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You feel out the application on line and take a test if you pass it the next step is a Phone Interview with store manager. They training is great they teach you the Wal-Mart way of doing business.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Very simple. They called to set up a panel interview with the Market that you are going to be in. This includes a two panel process with Store Managers. Simple questions and nothing hard, just be at ease while answering and be thoughtful of what you are going to say. I got a call from home office and a job offer two days after.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2017.

Interview

Market team was professional and courteous. Store managers were knowledgeable and professional. Due to the demand on the company, patience is required as personnel is very busy. Do not lose heart! They got to management because they are talented and educated. They do care and they are working to get to you!

Interview Questions

• They need to know if you are experienced in Walmart processes and leading change   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hi-Nella, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Walmart (Hi-Nella, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Do not get hired was interview by the asst mgr instead of the store mgr she was there when I went but never introduce herself , My thoughts about it was a big joke question asked wasnt about the job .
    Only question was why did I want to work there and the rest was about her becoming a store mgr

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Asheville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call asking if I would be willing to do a phone interview the next day, which I was. This was somewhat surprising to me since I never applied for this job, but oh well. The phone interview was a conference call with one of the store co-managers, someone from personnel, training, and at least two others whose positions were not specified. The call lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a few distinct sections. The first section was a very open-ended "tell us about yourself." After determining that these guys had basically no information on me and no copy of my resume, I gave them a quick personal history, major preferences, and work history. The second section was a structured question and answer session. The questions all followed the format of stating a topic , asking for a description of an event or action in which I demonstrated the topic, asking for details on the steps taken, and finally the results of my actions. I found this very easy, actually, since I had plenty of experience in all of the scenarios to pop out a good answer without having to put any thought into it.

Interview Questions

• 1) Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment: Describe a recent job-related situation where you had to make an important business decision.
      -Why was the decision important?
      -What steps did you take?
      -What information did you consider?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What was the outcome?
      -How did that outcome affect your future decisions?

2) Customer/Member Centered: Focus On The Customer: Describe the steps you have taken to ensure that your organization delivered a high level of customer service. Please provide specific examples.
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What processes or services, if any, have you changed based on your efforts?
      -How have you helped teach and train others in this area?
      -How have your efforts impacted your organization?   Answer Question
    • 3) Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results: Describe a time when you and your team completed a critical project despite a heavy workload?
      -How did you assist your team in meeting their goals?
      -What actions did you take to ensure the work was completed accurately and on time?
      -What challenges did you and your team face and how did you overcome them?
      -What was the outcome?
      -What, specifically, did you learn from this experience?

4) Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement: Describe the process you have used to ensure your work plans are coordinated and aligned with company initiatives and direction. Please provide specific examples.
      -Who did you involve?
      -What facts, information, or data did you consider?
      -How did you set your timelines?
      -What was the impact of your efforts?   Answer Question
    • 5) Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment: Describe a time when you had to influence a group to support a significant change in work processes or procedures.
      -What information did you consider?
      -What resistance did you face, and how did you overcome that resistance?
      -How did you build support for the change?
      -How did you compare your group's performance to organizational objectives?
      -How did you help the group adapt to the change?
      -What was the result of your efforts?

6) Talent: Supervise Associates: Describe the process that you go through in planning for future staffing needs.
      -What steps have you taken?
      -What business requirements and other information do you consider?
      -Who else do you involve?
      -How has this process assisted you in determining who to recruit and hire?
      -What challenges have you faced, and how have you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • 7) Adaptability: Quickly Adapt: Describe a job-related situationin which you had to overcome an obstacle or other difficulty.
      -What was the obstacle or difficulty?
      -What steps did you take?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What worked? What didn't work?
      -What was the outcome?

8) Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance: What steps have you taken to communicate and support the highest standards of integrity and ethics in your area of responsibility? Please provide specific examples.
      -How have you judged the success of your efforts?
      -What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
      -What worked? What didn't work?
      -How have you enforced compliance?   Answer Question
    • 9) What was the most difficult work situation you were ever in? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

10) What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Ask scenarios and how you would respond
    Ask you 7-10 questions .
    Takes 30 minutes to 1 hour over the phone
    You hear silence for awhile after you answer and they will ask you to elaborate on why you answered the way you did and ask more defining questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important business decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

apply on line, assessment, phone screen, group screening, individual interview, background check, drug screen, job offer. they place you where they want, not your choice. training classroom and in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none