Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Anderson, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Over the phone interview, takes between 15 to 30 minutes. Your ask scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time, when you were asked to take lead of a project, what was the project, what resources did you have, and did you succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, just offered the job at base pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview....10 standard situational type questions

Hiring - Market Manager offers job, then a 6 week training class

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application through the Walmart website, and took my resume into the store that I applied at. Spoke with the Store Manager, and stayed in regular contact with her for over a week until she called me in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 Co-Managers and the Store Manager, and got a call the next day with a job offer at $48,500/year.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work for a difficult manager.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project or task that you took on at work and improved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I came internally, worked up from associate. Interview was with an existing store manager. You do not get to choose your store, so you sometimes just click with the interviewing manager. The interview is always many interviewees set up with a few managers. You have to wait your turn, and get no feedback at the time of the interview. Walmart usually has half internal and half external coming into "the program" as they call the asm program. This is the first level of salaried management.

Interview Questions

• How do you demonstrate integrity?   Answer Question
    • If you have to get a feature built and the only people available are in someone elses department, what steps would you take? What if they have no experience in your area?   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Questions are asked with each answer being categorized on the Walmart scale of: Needs Development (lowest) on one side and Role Model (highest) on the other side. Typically role model is never given to candidates based on "principle". How you answer determines where you are placed on the scale. If you answer with an "I trained or supervised people" tilt then you will be ranked higher.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR is not friendly in the negotiation phase. I did negotiate and as a result, I was told that Market HR didn't like me. But I lifted my pay by almost $5/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lafayette, IN).

Interview

I was hired 7 years ago as an assistant manger. I was sought out and had the posisiton before I had the interview. It was very informal and easy.

Interview Questions

• Now we have a more structured interview process. Just be sure to pull your answers from a specific situation and not an in gerneral this is what I would do what this happened. They also want to know what you learned from the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate sallary much but I did get three weeks paid vacation starting out.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Initial interview is with a store manager. Its approximately 10 situational based questions. NOt too difficult. After that you will have an informal interview with the regional human resources manager. This is basically just to get of feel of what kind of person you are. After that, if all goes well they will call you back with a job offer. There is a 8 week mandatory training that needs to be done and it is in a different city, so this can be difficult for people with children.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Computer figures out your salary based upon experience, so make sure your application includes ALL experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Received interview right away upon entering hiring center.Interviewers were managers who asked from a script side note: they are not allowed to deter from script.Managers were friendly and excited to meet qualified candidates.Hiring center was a former insurance office so the atmosphere seemed appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were put under a time constraint how did you avoid rushing your work in oder just to complete the task how did you maintain quality   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was called to schedule a phone interview with Market HR. After phone interview I had a second interview with a panel: Market HR and Market Manager and an asst manager. All of the questions are on competencies and should be answered using the STAR format. The interview consisted of about 45 minutes answering questions and about a fifteeen minute tour of a dept within store. I felt it was a good interview and have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to improve the cutomer shopping experience?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to remove an obstacle so the team could achieve it's goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita Falls, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring process seems long and tedius but is totally worth the toil. It takes time to create a new employee, I have found that if a job takes a while to integrate into during the interview process its a good choice for me.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last job, why? How does that affect your potential outlook of this job, should you be hired. How did you create new ideas about how to successfully integrate your ideas in your last job, and how were your ideas recvd?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all. I had originally thought about negotiating on my salary but after doing my homework I found that it is right in line with the national average.