Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Florence, AL) in March 2008.

Interview

Behavioral Interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. I believe there were 8 questions. The interviewer did not seem interested in my answers, which led me to believe their choice was already made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you created or instituted in your department.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

In my case it was an internal interview (I already worked for the company), however the questions are the same for internal/external interviewees. There are about 5 questions ranging over 5 competencies (1 Question per area). The questions are designed to show thought in your decision making as well as clear leadership. The panel interview will be either 2 or 3 managers, usually store managers sometimes shift managers. There really isn't anything too complicated about the process, and usually if they've called you for an interview, the actual interview is just a formality-provided you don't absolutely tank it. It's mainly about getting the call asking if you wish to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to switch your focus from one task to another very quickly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions that are based off of Compentenies Wal-Mart believes in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you candle them and what you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted about group/panel interviews at Walmart. I attended the panel interview and met with 2 store managers. They asked basic behavioral questions. Then I met with the HR market representative and she told me more about the position. She wanted me to meet with the Market Manager and said she would set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said they would get back to me in a week. I have called once a week for 3 weeks each time leaving my name and number to contact me. No response from them at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a strong personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

worlds largest company=worlds most impersonal hiring process. It's all very technology driven/impersonal. Finally talked with store manager pretty far into it after email correspondence and online testing (way too early in process).
    At that point it dawned on me how tough it would be to relate to any of the people on staff mostly, and I bailed.

Interview Questions

was looking to do something temporarily, but honestly I couldn't bring myself to work with the incompetent staff I'd be helping to manage.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

So, I interview and accepted a job at Walmart. I walked in and was interviewed by the Market Human Resources person and the Store Manager of the location. The MHRM was polite and happy, whereas the Store Manager was very unprofessional and all over the place. It was a very difficult interview because one person was "serious" and the other was "not serious". They ask those situational based questions that are pretty stupid such as "tell me about a time when you did X Y or Z and what was the result". I accepted the job at Walmart for 42k.... The bonus is paid after a solid year of performance and not quarterly.... The first day I watched an "anti-union propaganda video" that every single employee watches.

I had some training for the position for 4 weeks and let me tell you, the people I was with were the classic top notch rejects of society. I looked around the room thinking "what have I gotten myself into". They are happy people overall because 42k is about as good as their ever going to make in their lives.

Buyer beware.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a project of more than 5 people...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiating. They basically tell you what its gonna be. it varies slightly but expect 40k ish. I recommend interviewing at Target where professionals work. Walmart is amateur hour.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, KY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Williamsburg, KY) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of questions, testing competencies regarding management styles and money management related to the retail world.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you implemented a plan that would impact sales/profit? What did you do? How did you implement your plan?What resources did you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The interviewer asked a series of behavioral questions - Describe a time you had a challenging task. What were the challenges? What steps did you take to overcome those challenges? Did you successfully complete the task? and Describe a time when you disagreed with another person. How did you disagree? What steps did you take to resolve the disagreement? What was the outcome of the encounter? But it all made no damned difference at all - because the successful applicant for the job was ALREADY selected!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember one question standing out as the most difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Maryville, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

I recieved a phone call from the Store Manager while at home and he asked when we could set up and interview. I told him I was willing to do it right then. The questions came straight off of the compantancies sheet for an assistant manager(Can be found on the WIRE if you are currently a Wal-Mart employee). I only had one interview. I found out I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help a customer that had a handicap. What did you do to help the customer? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

panel interviews with simple retail strategies during a hiring event

Interview Questions

Negotiation

job experience credit