Walmart Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Hardeeville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hardeeville, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

they really ask the same things..just put in other words..

Interview Questions

• what woud u do if someone came to u upset . how would u handle that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

just think about what they are asking ,remenber its not what u would really do..

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Suffolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had a one on one interview. They asked about five questions and also asked about two employment gaps that I had. I then filled out background check information and was told to wait for a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on and how did you get it done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vineland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Vineland, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Three part interview with three seperate people in under a half hour. You are given twenty-four hours to go to their doctor to complete a urinalysis, which must be completed or you are barred from employment with the company for one year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation at work and describe how you handled it, how it turned out, and the final outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Conroe, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I was really excited as it would be my first job, I was 17 and got called for an interview for the following week. I was then called the following week the day before the interview and told that I had to wait 2 weeks until I was 18 and to call back then because it was too much paperwork. (Unprofessional). I then called when I was 18 and was told to come in the following Monday.

If you know someone that works there, you will get a job. If you get an interview, you will get the job. As long as you can pass a drug test (required no matter what) and a background check (done on all employees). You will get the job. They will ask you some questions that are somewhat difficult but you can relate in some way. Strike up a conversation with the ZMS or the ASM and you will get the job.

I was first interviewed by the ZMS (Zone Manager) for my zone which was the front end manager. She was nice and asked me like 10 questions. Some were hard some were easy. She then said that I would probably get the job. I met with the ASM (Associate Manager) and was asked 3 questions. All were easy and she wasn't even paying attention, she was supposed to ask me more but was busy reading e-mails. (Unprofessional IMO) I was then offered the job. She handed me some papers to sign and then a drug test slip. Then she shook my hand and said "welcome to wal-mart". That was it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation a group, what were the steps you took to solve it and what was the final outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid what other stores are paying in the area. Usually minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Wetumpka, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Wetumpka, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

Once you've applied at their online application station in-store, you can expect a phone call within 2 weeks depending of course on if your application is approved. And the way to get your application approved is to say you are available to work any and all hours except overnight. (unless you want to work overnight) They rarely look at an application if the hours are too restricted in their opinion. Once you get the interview you usually speak with an Asst manager over the area they have you in mind for. Personnel will then send you to a lab for your drug test.

Interview Questions

• In a past job, did you have an irate customer and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not let the Asst manager tell you that they do not have the authority to give you the pay you request, they do. If you feel you gave a good interview and you've convinced them that you are the one for the job but are not satisfied with the .50- .75 over min wage they are offering, tell them that you want to speak to whoever can approve it. You are willing to commit yourself to Walmart, BUT you have to pay the rent. They LOVE LOVE LOVE it when an employee says their life is Walmart.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly short. Asked three thought provoking questions. They hire on the spot. The position which you are interviewing for may not be the position they offer you. The interview is very laid back. They assume you are employable, and then discuss experiences to see if they should not hire you.

Interview Questions

• In what specific way have I achieved success in the past? What do I expect now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Friendswood, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied to Wal-Mart through their website, I got a call a month afterward. I was asked if I still wanted to work at Wal-Mart and if I was available next day for an interview. I was schedule for an interview next day, around 9am. I got there on time and they were running late, I had to wait there until 11am to go inside and get my interview done. I had to talk to three different managers, so I had three interviews in one day. After that I was told to go get my drug test done and come back next day. Next day I went back and got to talk to HR and I was given my ID badge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the working hours, I was a full-time student at the time, so I had to negotiate working 32 hours a week without interfiering with my studies. Pay was low though... but can't complain because I had my hours broken to fit my school schedule. Also I was able to get days off as needed due to my genetics laboratory experiment required at the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They do a thorough interview. They ask how do you handle and approach situations. And what was the outcome. They also ask how you handle personal situations on the online application.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you have went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Snellville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

it was very quick for me. I just answered questions on a computer screen and then interviewed with management. I then got drug tested and was cleared to work

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

I had to take a lengthy test. Upon passing the test, I got a face-to-face interview. After that, I took a drug test. Once the results came back, they offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• They use behavior based interviewing. You have to have specific example of many different situations. Use the SMART method to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. They offer everyone the same pay. Take it or leave it.