Walmart Interview Questions in Bentonville, AR | Glassdoor

2.9

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Was pretty basic scenario questions all tied to the competencies they sent to me beforehand. Judgement, influence and communicate, planning, etc... They like the star method, I would have 4-5 situations prepared you could spin different ways depending on what they ask you. That really helped me feel prepared for whatever they ask. Also I would know a little about Walmart's culture to stand out

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

The customer service representative called me back to the interview room and asked me serveral questions of interest. They acted as if they were genually interested in my opinion and how i felt about things. They showed an interest in my home and professional life. They treated me with respect and was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• What was the hours that I would be comfortable working?   1 Answer

Facilitator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

walmart does behavioral based interview. its a series of 3 to 5 questions with two parts. the first part is a hypothetical questions, the second is an example question. most interviews are done with a panel of 2 to 5 people interviewers. each of the questions is based around core competences walmart values. best way to ace these interviews is to use whats called the S.T.A.R method.

Interview Questions

• A) You work for the walmart home office and you are touring a store. A customer comes up and asks you for a specific type of milk. how would you handle the situation. B) tell us about a time when you had to give an answer on a subject you knew very little about. What was the result   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

They use a panel of people to interview and use behavioral interview questions. Once you've had the pre-screen phone call they send you an email that contains several things. One thing included is a link to a video that explains how to best answer the questions in the interview. It also contains documents that will help you know what the questions may be directed to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or direct report acted inappropriately and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Originally contacted by the recruiter, don't be nervous they're just trying to make sure you're not a waste of time to interview. Only had one interview, a 3 person panel of all buyers. They asked all situational questions, tell me a time you had to deal with x... Just answer with the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result. Have 3 or 4 anecdotes that you can spin to different types of questions, a time you had to work cross-functionally, a time you faced an ethical dilemma, time you didn't know how to do something but had to find the answer, etc...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work cross-functionally in your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to lead a team on a project?   Answer Question

Resolution Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with two mid-level associates (neither of whom I have seen since) on site and did a personal experience as well as behavioral response session that lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks given to you to complete in a certain timeframe?   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

They already had someone picked out for the job and were just going through the motions. Kind of wasted my time. They hire family and friends before those who are actually qualified.

Disputes Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

3 to 5 scenario questionspam and you would have to explain what you would do, thenot right after that they ask you to give an example of when you have been in a situation like that

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had someone ask you about information you know was confiden8   1 Answer

Field Service Technician I - IV (ISD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

High Expectations with Low Compensation. Nearly two weeks (which I'm told was rather fast) after applying online via their corporate careers website, I get a phone call from a recruiting agent. I had applied for several related positions. Some seemingly higher up the food chain than others. Naturally, I'm called for the lowest of the jobs and there was no communication between the other recruiters. I know this because not a day later after my interview, I get a call for one of the higher up positions but am forced to make a decision on the lower job. I tell this recruiter that I already interviewed for the lower position and am in consideration for the job. This eliminated my other opportunity.

The scheduled face-to-face occurred only a couple days after the initial phone screening. I met with two "people managers" at the corporate site in Bentonville, AR. Although both stated that they were hiring for their department, only one was for the position that I was there for. Of course, this was the one in higher demand and also the worse of them. The conversation was casual. Questions were not technical specific to the job but situational. A sort of gauge on how I would handle different situations. They utilized a STAR interview method. So come ready with situational examples with specific information on very general questions.

One of the biggest letdowns was that after describing the position, I felt mislead. I was thinking this was going to be a deployable technical position with a great deal of face-to-face customer relations. It is anything but. This position is a Help Desk lackey position where you work in a call center cube farm for 12 hour shifts (yes - 3 days at 12 hours + a 4 hour shift that breaks up your weekend) and answer support calls from around the world. On top of that, their call quota is rigid and tough. If you can't resolve the problem in less than 3 minutes, you are required to pass it along or shelf the problem so that you can take another call.

Sorry but that's far too much dredge work for $13.50 /hour.

When I asked about upward mobility, they were enthusiastic. "My" supervisor told his story how he started as a cashier and worked his way up to being a "people manager" (note: this term comes up frequently) in a matter of a few years. They wouldn't exactly map it out, though. Rather, they just said that it took "observation and networking" to move about within the company. So basically... put in the extra hours in learning another job (not paid) while sucking up to the next level up so that they can give you a good reference.

A job offer was made and I even negotiated a higher rate of pay ($15.00 /hr) but between the low pay (I'd be taking a pay cut) and poor working hours (overnight shift - to make matters worse), I kindly had to decline.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us a time where you had to manage multiple jobs at once. How did you accomplish this and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example when you went "above and beyond" to provide excellent customer service. What did you do and how was the customer satisfied?   Answer Question

Substandard pay and poor home/work life ratio.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer reviewed my skills, and asked questions relevant to what I was going after. She asked me about my goals and where I'd like to see myself in 5 years,