Walmart Interview Questions in Brisbane, CA | Glassdoor

Walmart Interview Questions in Brisbane, CA

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Brisbane, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager was polite and professional. She told me she will do a screening on the candidates and then submit her review to a committee and the committee will make decision on whether or not to move forward. She asked general questions, but I got stuck with 1 scenario question about using root cause analysis to solve a problem and couldn't think of a good example. So I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• example of using root cause analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Brisbane, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screen with the recruiter who was very nice - just a screener, no real questions other than talk about background, why Walmart, etc. The only negative about the recruiter is that when she asked my salary and what I expected to make at Walmart, she made it clear that she thought what I was asking for was ridiculous - I gave her the explanation of why and then she was back to her pleasant self. I was disappointed though because I was referred by a friend who was a manager who told me the pay range and what I should ask for, so I knew that I was not out of line and I also thought that her reaction was unprofessional. It felt like confirmation of what I had heard about Wal-Mart.com before – they try and nickel & dime their employees.

I was asked to come to the office to interview. When I checked in, I waited 20 minutes past the start time of my first interview. Someone finally came and got me - he gave some indication that he was suprised I had been left waiting there, and then we hunted for a conference room for the interview. The questions were fairly easy - just questions about my experience, what I did in my current role. Overall not a bad interview, but the guy seemed bored – as if he wanted to be doing something else. The second interview was with some guy who clearly didn’t want to be interviewing me – he was this really strange, anti-social kind of guy. It was the strangest interaction I have ever had in an interview session. It took him around two minutes before he could respond to any question I asked him and even longer for him to ask me a question.

The last interview was with a Director or Sr. Director, who was really friendly and just asked some “getting to know you” type questions and tell me about what you do, etc. Very easy.
    I didn’t get an offer, but wasn’t that surprised since during the first interview I was fairly annoyed at being left for so long and the second “interview” was just a train wreck. I’m sure this came across in the interview, and to be honest, by that time I just wanted to go home. I had no interest in working at walmart.com – it seemed to me that if they treated their perspective employees so poorly, they were probably treating their current employees poorly as well. Also, the offices were gross – clearly no money had been invested in the upkeep of the property – broken blinds, clothes and other merchandise piled everywhere – another sign that the company did not care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• What are some difficult forecasting situations that you assisted with?   Answer Question