Walmart CSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Went Great overall. I interviewed with 3 different people. And finally with the Manager. Great up beat attitude. Really nice lady. She definitely motivated me to want to push a little harder in my next career.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to wal-mart that any other can't?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

CSM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interviewer ask many questions pertaining to previous work experience. She wanted to know how I handle certain situations. She wanted to make sure I would be a great leader. She asked about my leadership approach. I told her I coached and motivated workers by praising versus criticism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were involved in a group project and someone rubbed you the wrong way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first interview is done with a hourly associate, then asst. mang., if you make it that far final enterview is with the store manager. The first interview consists of a series of what if questions that repeat and repeat the same questions in different words. It is a long demeaning process. I have preformed hundreds of them.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer who wanted you to go against store policy, and wanted to see your manager. Then have that manager over ride policy to avoid a complaint to home office.   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Simple, very basic questions.

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2014.

Interview

Walmart uses the STAR interview process nothing really hard just be ready to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• All questions were the same.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, either you accept the offer or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Boiling Springs, Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Boiling Springs, Spartanburg, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

Typical interview, basic questions, answered them, got sent to do a drug test, then started orientation a week later. Overall an easy experience, they will hire anyone unless you have a felony or fail a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult customer   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview was done and had three interviews right on the same day. Was pretty basic in questions that were asked. Had to do some role playing how would you handle certain problems or employees. Sent for drug test same day as the interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, the questions were pretty basic and if you think logically and use your head there is no way not to impress them with answers given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Roanoke, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very laid back atmosphere (deceptive to how they really are), friendly, and they gave you plenty of time to answer the interview questions

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you have ever done and what were the steps taken to complete it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really? They offered me a starting rate of pay so take it or leave it.

CSM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview

i had to go to walmarts personnel office repeatedly to ask about my application. each time was the answer "oh okay thanks for coming in il look at it and get back with you" wait a week or two then same thing after two months they finally decided to schedue me an interview (the next day during my other jobs work schedule) i had to request time off so i could go to an interview! very unorganized, the manager hiring didnt know what he was doing and probably didnt understand half the things he was asking me off the paper.

Interview Questions

• none very generic questions anybody with half a brain could pass the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

heres what we offer thats it nothing else take it or leave it

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Easy hiring proses. Basic behavior questions eg) Tell me about a time you had to use your leadership skills. There is a multiple choice test, but you should be able to pass it with basic common sense.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use your leadership skills.   Answer Question