Walmart Cake Decorator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cake Decorator Interview Questions

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Florence, SC).

Interview

It was very challenging scenario based be prepared for questions like Describe a time. All of the question are scenario based. This is definitely and interview you would have to come prepared for such as rehearse.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to communicate important information to a large group of people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group hire, where 17 people total were hired. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, similar to speed dating. You were in a room with a bunch of candidates, you paired up with a manager, they asked a question and you answered, then you moved on to the next manager. Your rating that each manager gave you determined whether you were hired. As long as you are confident and use common sense you can get hired as a regular associate at Walmart.

Interview Questions

• You are at work one day, and your coworker/friend calls you and asks if you will clock in for her so that she can help a customer in the parking lot.   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews with higher levels of management
    Each a week apart and different managers every time.
    Pretty easy going. Just took a long time.
    The people were very friendly. The atmosphere when you get hired is very different. Job was fun. Co workers were awesome. The management definitely needed work though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a task with a group. What did you do to complete the task and what was the final outcome   Answer Question

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

I was very satisified except for the human resources person told me I was being hired as a full time employees then now I found out I'm only p t.

Interview Questions

• past experiences with customer complaints and previous job experences   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well I asked for 10.75 per hour but was told I could only get 10.10 per hour I have seven almost eight yrs experience and I'm a very good employee I'm worth at l iest 12.00

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They asked me a serious of customer service questions about customer service and how I would handle certain situations. Also, they talked to me about decorating cakes and what my experience was. They wanted to know the history of my experience in cake decorating and why I wanted to work in the field.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Lumberton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Waited 20 minutes in the HR office/orientation room. Lot of people in & out. Very nerve racking environment to have an interview. If you pass the first interview they will give you another with a different higher up manger & ask more interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They read the questions off of a paper & check off the ones you did good on. There are about 10 questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Benton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Benton, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They'll ask you why you want to work here. Give you scenarios to see how you'd handle it. And other little more personal things.then they'll call you for a second one if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Giving you work place scenarios you'll possibly face.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Aberdeen, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 3-4 week until it was all said and done. Drug test was the longest i think i passed. It was fast paced and friendly once you were talking to the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any expirence decorating. Cakes?   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Human resources will call and schedule an interview. The first interview will be with the supervisor for the area specifically with the job. The second interview will be with the Assistant Manager over the area. The third interview will be with a co-manager or store manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very generic. How will you benefit the company? In this situation, what would you do? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Saginaw, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

Application is strictly computerized, check ALL positions you are willing to consider to get in the door since this affects how often managers will see your application and their flexibility in placing you into a position that most suits both sides, interviews are done from a script and are simple to pass (be friendly, likeable, enthusiastic, willing to work with their needs), references are checked, and must pass a drug screen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a problem in a previous job and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They set the wage based on your experience and asking price, so it is good to bid yourself slightly high on application (but not out of range or the computer does not "recommend" you)