Walmart Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.3

515 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied online and completed an online assessment. A hiring manager contacted me and asked a couplr scenario and skills questions.

CPA Rotation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The recruiting process runs quick. After sending the online application, the interview was sent in the weekend. It was a video interview with 5 questions. Some question may have chance to record twice.

Connection Centre Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fredericton, NB (Canada)).

Interview

About 10 minutes long. Questions about customer interactions. How would you handle a, b or c etc. Other questions involved behavioural like questions on co worker interactions, disputes and relationships.

Customer Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was good but didn’t get hired. I previously worked for Walmart as a cashier at a different location then the one I was interviewed at and got hired on the spot. Maybe they saw all my absences and didn’t want to hire me

Interview Questions

• What environment do you see yourself thriving in?   1 Answer

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on Sunday received a call Thursday to come in to an interview the next day. Went to the interview got told i had an orientation on Saturday to set me up. Really quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a situation in which you had to persuade someone.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy phone interview. She asked about basic hypothetical situations with customers and other employees. Then I was scheduled a "job offer" in-person meeting which was to finalize the job

Interview Questions

• If there is a long line of customers at a register, and you start your shift to open another register, but you notice there is spilled pasta sauce on the floor. What do you do?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was desperate for a job so i ended up applying but never filled out the " mandatory assessment" for my application to be reviewed. I have applied 6 times in the past and never got a call. This time i didn't do the assessment and i got a call. It was group interview. The boss ladies name was "Anne". The interview process was simple. At the end when we were all finished and anne was giving us the ending speech the guy beside me asked about moving up in the company to a leadership role. Anne goes onto say "Well when i signed up i got my pilot license, but when i actually went to fly a plane i figured out it wasn't valid". Now i'm not sure how this was funny but all of the supervisors started laughing and all the interviewees laughed along as zombies except for me and the guy. You know when someone hasn't told the funny part of the story and the person laughs at the wrong time? Yeah, it was pretty much that. I don't think i will ever apply here again because the mandatory assessment is way to long and you have to do it every time you apply. Let alone taking a day to go to a group interview where literally everyone should be handed a job. It's not rocket science. Don't waste your time even applying guys! You guys are better off finding a place that doesn't have a 45 min long assessment for your application to be "reviewed". I rate this interview a 2/10 because of anne. No need to be rude. Blunt is fine but not rude!

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time where you motivated someone   1 Answer

Overnight Stocking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

At my first job interview with Walmart, I answered a questionnaire and then had a one on one interview a Wal-Mart manager. Most of the questions the manager asked were straight from the questionnaire. Then I had an opportunity to questions, which I asked about 5 questions related to the job I was applying for. After the interview, I thanked the manager for his time and was told when I would expect a response.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult customer and the outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, went to group interview. There was about 15 other people. We were paired off. One of us was the employee and one the customer, the employer must sell the product, while the customer must ask questions about the product. After we did speed interviews with 5 interviewers.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Regina, SK (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a phone and some questions were asked. I later got a mail to come for physical interview..
    what do you do if a customer break a jam jar? what do you do with an angry customer? how do you sell walmart master card? what do you do when you see some sauce is poured on the ground؟ which one do you help first? 1. a customer with crying child 2. someone with big item. a person with a card full of stuff