Walmart Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Walmart Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 25, 2017

2.3

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Georgetown, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Group selection interview with 4 candidates (smaller walmart).
    We were individually interviewed by three different assistant managers and were asked scenario questions. (No "why do you want to work here?" Or "why should we hire you".)
    Straight forward scenario questions. Was called back the next day for a job offer and to sit down with the store manager. Nice guy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to solve a problem at work or at school   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview. It consisted of an ice breaker game so the managers that were facilitating the group interview could see how we could speak in front of a group of people. Then it went to interview questions where we rotated each manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer asked for an item that was not in stock   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It tooks months for them to call me(you only apply online) We were two to be interviewed, they wanted to see if you can focus on one person only. They were 3 but one person only ask you questions. If I had to give you an advice it would be to smile a lot!

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks total. I had a phone interview that took 10 minutes, I was then invited for a group interview the following week. I was then called the next day to be informed that I would have a final interview the following week. I showed up for the final interview, where they were 45 minutes late to take me in only to be told they were offering me a P/T cashier position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was telephonic. They asked about my availability and a few simple questions and asked me to come for a second interview the next day. After the second interview I had to undergo a background check which took a couple of days and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Speak about a situation where you had to bend the company's rules in order to do what was right   Answer Question
    • You have just opened a cash register and three customers are rushing towards you- a lady with a crying baby, a guy with a full cart and a lady with two items. Whom will you assist first/ what will be the order of assisting the customers?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was very laid back, small group interview. Answer questions first and you'll probably be hired. The questions are easy so don't be nervous. We also had to watch a really old and boring "Welcome to Walmart" employee video.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit   1 Answer

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

It was laid back but very well done. The interviewer was kind and friendly, she asked relevant questions and answered all the questions I asked at the end. She clarified certain rules and offered me the position not long after the interview was finished. A few days afterward I was asked to come in for orientation. I spent a day doing orientation with a group of about 6 other people, we were given lots of information as well as a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a team setting?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Easy interview. They ask everyone the same few questions from a booklet, which rate your answer from poor, good to excellent. I know they changed it recently to group panel but it's nothing to worry about, if you get to the point where they call you in for an interview your foot is pretty much in the door.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict? - work it out/communication

What would you do if a customer asks you a question as you are going to break? - help the customer before going to break

If your manager tells you a whole bunch of things how would you keep track? - make a list and prioritize.

Describe a time you had to work in a group/partners - give a story about teamwork
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2017.

Interview

You start off by completing their online application and take a personality quiz if the position you applied for is available. Not even 24 hours later I got a call and had a phone interview. It was maybe three questions and then I was asked to come in for a group interview a few days later. The group interview is like speed dating, you sit across from a manager and they switch up and ask you questions. Honestly, I think that should be the way every place interviews people since it gives you more of a fair chance. After the interview is done, you wait to be called. If you get a call, you're hired and if you don't then you weren't. I got the call within a few hours after leaving the interview. The next step is to go in and fill out information for them, get instructions on a background check and accept the job offer. They ask for references to prove you worked at the places you said you did and then there's orientation.

They don't ask typical interview questions. They surprise you with ones that really make you think. Basically 'What would you do if' scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walmart?   Answer Question
    • Three people come to your line at the same time, who do you take first: Mother with a crying baby, a man with two items, or the woman with a cart full of groceries.   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview process, basically different managers all ask you questions in a short period of time. They'll call you for one after the phone interview and if they like you, you'll get called in for a third interview which means your hired pretty much.