Walmart Cashier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.1

137 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cookeville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, takes about a week to get hired, so will need time for it to kick in. you will also feel as if you didn't get the job for some time after the first call.

Interview Questions

• what other jobs have you worked for that could help you to work in this field.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Weslaco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The staff was very friendly and interest in the process in hiring me. They asked if I was interested in other areas or departments that I would feel comfortable in working. I felt the job was already made for me and the hiring process started as soon as the interview was completed. I was sent for drug testing and was called to work on March 26. 2015.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for Walmart?
      Do you have experience with customer service?
      Do you know how to use a register with very little training?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Never called me back and when they did, one month later it was for an interview, an initial interview because they had forgotten that they had even interviewed me. I have to say though, I hate group interviews. NO chance to really stand out or get to know the employer, a very rushed feeling and hard to concentrate when you're listening to other peoples stories..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where a customer was difficult and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for everything for Walmart, and the same day I got a call about a cashier position they had and wanted me in for an interview. I have experience working on a "service desk" before and being a cashier. My interviewer asked lots of personality/scenario based questions, and was really impressed that I had supervised people. She recommended I be hired on as a Customer Service Manager, and went to go talk to HR, and they all encouraged me to go apply for that position online. I was very flattered but I didn't want that position because of all the awful reviews I read on this website about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time when you were gave or received excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They called me into the back office where they asked a few questions about my personal life. Drug test. Question about a time when you had to take charge. They asked me about my background and my school life. I had to leave and take the drug test. Once it was processed and sent back to Walmart they called me in to begin with orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions about having to deal with a difficult decision and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired right away because they needed cashiers.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I received a call asking when I would be interested in an interview. The interview consisted on talking with a lower manager, then the department manager. They were both similar and asked simple questions regarding my education, and if I am in school.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past situation when something went wrong and you had to take leadership on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You do not have much say, most people in your position are paid the same

Cashier Associate Interview

Interview

General questions on behavior and making sure you can work well with others. After that they basically asked for availability and as long as you give something you will get the job. Don't worry too much.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online in late april. Called for general interview within two weeks. Easy interview process. Some benefits if you are able to gain FT hours. The amount of work and days they expect you to work are not flexible for a person with a family. Walmart positions are more for people who do not have families or young children at home. Call in/off process is very involved as well. Not realistic in my personal opinion. Overall I think it's great for a 1st time job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker was being difficult and you had to report this to management?   Answer Question

Pay Scale

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Elizabethtown, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was just wanting to know who you are and what it is you like about Walmart that you want to work there.. The hiring process is bade on your interview.

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Elkton, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me to verify all of the information from my online application, then asked me pretty much the same question 4 times, just worded differently. They were all "tell me about a time that you had a challenge/difficulty/problem/issue". I just cited differentl examples, but basically said the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to prioritize a project. How did you do it, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. When we sat down I saw a post-it note on my folder with the salary and title, so I knew that it was all or nothing. I use the term "all" loosely.