Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

1.9

584 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Short, sweet, and simple. Call to come in for interview that lasted maybe 20 minutes. This was my first job so I did not have any experience. Just filled out paper work and took test on the computer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply Online - They call you (a week or 2 after applying) - Schedule an in-person interview (easy) - Call back within a day or two for a "job offer" (you signing papers officially starting at Walmart)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer....   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

easy as can be. in person sit down interview. asked behavioral questions pertaining with working with other employees and dealing with difficult customers. very basic, probably the easiest interview you will ever have.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and simple and straight to the point. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, she made the process very easy for me. I'm very lucky to be placed in that particular store with that particular manager.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview went very well.The lady that interviewed me was a sweetheart and nice made me feel very comfortable about my interview.It only lasted about 15 minutes including filling out paperwork. No drug test.Just the pay wasn't what I expected but hey it's better than nothing. An definitely room for advancement and growth within the company,After90 days of good work and on time pay increase and benefits kicks in.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Niles, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I had my first interview they asked me what was one way I helped another employee of a costumer and I signed all the papers that I filled out on my online application was told I would be called back for second interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply online @ walmart.com, wait for the call from personnel to schedule your interview, if you don't get a call after a week then call and follow up with personnel about your application. Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to interview time and dress nice, be yourself and wait for a call back if not hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What made you want apply here at Wal-Mart?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online. Then I had an in-person interview. It was normal. Mostly "tell us about yourself" and "how would you handle this situation" questions. About one-two weeks later I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Ruckersville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Ruckersville, VA).

Interview

After I applied online, I received a call from HR a couple weeks later where they asked if I was still interested in the job and to schedule an interview. During the interview, I spoke with one of the assistant mangers and answered a question about my experience in customer service. Not long after, I received another call from HR to schedule a time for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help someone through a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was smooth but I also worked part time in personnel and at my particular location, they say they don't discriminate against people who need days off but they do prefer people to have open schedules. You'll be more likely to be hired.