Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Called in for first interview. A week later called back and had 2 more interviews. Not difficult. Typical 'name a time when you had to manage competing priorities,' things along that line.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Madison Heights, VA).

Interview

it was pretty straightforwards, your team leader will sit down with you, explain what they're looking for and if you're the right fit he/she will take you tot he store manager and they give the thumbs up or down.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in customer service and your resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Marshall, IL).

Interview

We sat, she looked over my application and resume, and said I needed a little more experience, but would get a call back within a week. She seemed like she could care less and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online , went Walmart to check in-person , got interview the other day and after first interview they asked me to come 2 days later for an orientation which took about 4 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Cloquet, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Cloquet, MN).

Interview

Filled out the initial application, followed by a short interview with a manager, came back a few days later for another interview, scheduled for a drug test, once the test results came back (in maybe 3 or 4 days) employment offer

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for the position, role playing in customer service scenarios   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The first interview was very brief and simple, and I was only asked one interview question. I was called in for a second interview the next day, and it basically just consisted of reviewing my responsibilities and preparing for upcoming orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There are standard questions they are not allowed to deviate from. The manager or two will take you to whatever room happens to be empty and ask you very basic questions off a paper. Sound reasonably intelligent, come on time, and dress in interview clothing. The bar is very low.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a difficult problem   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Great process, and they even gave me some free stuff. Couldn't have been happier with the experience, they were so nice. I work there now and they're still great. Really appreciate the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boise, ID).

Interview

2 phase interview with a person plus two additional steps. One included drug screen/background check the other was online application and test. The online test (which can be done in-store) included basic work history, personality test and situational test. After completing it is good to call the store and ask for the HR department to make sure they received your application. Then expect to wait for 3 or more days depending on what their current hiring needs are. You have the best chance to get on during the holiday rush when they are needing seasonal employees.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was ok. I went thru the veterans program. I applied. Answered a few questions. Told them what I wanted and where I wanted to work. Submitted my background check and I was hired on the spot.