Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boise, ID).

Interview

2 phase interview with a person plus two additional steps. One included drug screen/background check the other was online application and test. The online test (which can be done in-store) included basic work history, personality test and situational test. After completing it is good to call the store and ask for the HR department to make sure they received your application. Then expect to wait for 3 or more days depending on what their current hiring needs are. You have the best chance to get on during the holiday rush when they are needing seasonal employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was ok. I went thru the veterans program. I applied. Answered a few questions. Told them what I wanted and where I wanted to work. Submitted my background check and I was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

No Questions Were Ever Asked During The So Called "Interview", Just came In Signed Paperwork And Was Told Will Receive A Call Back For Orientation Which Toke Maybe One Week For A Call Back

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Winchester, VA).

Interview

Very casual interview. I honestly felt over dressed compares to the manager i interviewed with. One question asked and was hired on the spot. Was told I would receive a call within a week to schedule orientation. Received a call 2 days later.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Hiring Lady was very nice . Made you feel at ease and comfortable not like you being grilled she was very professional explained the benefit's and what the company stood for. help fill out the necessary documents answered all question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Went in for the interview & hiring manager asked me the typical questions about my experience, work history, as well as a series of questions pertaining to the job. Very easy interview will let you know right there if they want to hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Baxter, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Baxter, MN).

Interview

Pretty easy so long as you have previous customer service experience. Don't remember the specific questions but they were basic to the job and to what the company's goals were. Customer scenario discussion.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. Just basic questions about my experience and customer service. Just go in dressing nice and don't be nervous. I'm currently waiting on a call back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

intervewed by personal, then another associate, then the front end manager. I transfered in from another store out of state. Was hired before I moved. don,t know what else to say to make it long enough.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and easy, not too many questions and they were really friendly and nice and I was so happy that they offered me a job. It just made my day extra special nice. Every person there was really helpful and friendly and super super super super nice. It was just great. You should definitely think about trying to get a job at Walmart because it is absolutely a great great great place