Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

1.9

Anonymous Employee in North Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (North Vernon, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

You start off at the main enterance and meet with one of the stores assistant managers. They take you to the back to ask you a few questions and then you meet with the HR rep and they ask you more questions and give you your orrientation date, its a really easy process anyone can get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Gary, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

She took me into one the rooms, while she went to take care of some other things. I waited for about 30 minutes, until she remembered that I was their. So, she asked me a few question. Then, what I thought was a successful interview was over. She told me that she had a few interviews earlier that week and one more on the next day. I am still waiting on her to call. So the search is on for other open positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell her something about myself?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. They called liked three days after applying for the position and offered the job as cashier at the end of the interview. Starter working almost a week after that.

Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Islandia, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Put in my application, a few days later I got a call for an interview. Came in that same day, everyone was very friendly. Love the woman who interviewed me. We talked about availability, about the position, she asked me one question & then gave me a tour. I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to go above and beyond on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Tucson, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

They basically just read out of A book on what they expect of you, and had a manager that has been there for 25 years talk yo us about his work experience. (Waste of time.) Then, we had to learn how to cashier by watching videos and answering questions.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Middletown, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, and the entire process took over 2 hours for a minimum waged job. The first interview was with a Customer Service Manager who oversaw the front end. She recommended the second interview with the Assistant Manager over the front end, who then recommended me to the Store Manager who gave the green light. I was offered the position on the spot. The interview process has since changed. For hourly positions, there will only be 1-2 interviews, each with assistant managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked exceedingly basic questions, such as what do you know about the company, why do you want to work here, tell me about a time you did X, Y, Z.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

the hiring process was quite easy, had two different interviews with two different hiring managers. They do reply a little bit late but that is okay. The interview process does take time though.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I probably could have said nothing the entire interview and I still would have gotten the job. They are not too selective in who they hire, you just can't have a serious criminal record.

Interview Questions

• What are some leadership roles you have taken   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (New Orleans, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

It is a very simple interview process and almost everyone will get hired. I am not sure if this is for all locations and positions but if you ever wondered why your cashier did not appear to be the best person for the job this is likely why.

Interview Questions

• What prior work experience do you have?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Got phone call from recruiter. Went in for interview and clicked pretty well with recruiter. Asked some typical questions. Ended up not accepting the offer because of other reasons.