Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boise, ID).

Interview

2 phase interview with a person plus two additional steps. One included drug screen/background check the other was online application and test. The online test (which can be done in-store) included basic work history, personality test and situational test. After completing it is good to call the store and ask for the HR department to make sure they received your application. Then expect to wait for 3 or more days depending on what their current hiring needs are. You have the best chance to get on during the holiday rush when they are needing seasonal employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Winchester, VA).

Interview

Very casual interview. I honestly felt over dressed compares to the manager i interviewed with. One question asked and was hired on the spot. Was told I would receive a call within a week to schedule orientation. Received a call 2 days later.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Hiring Lady was very nice . Made you feel at ease and comfortable not like you being grilled she was very professional explained the benefit's and what the company stood for. help fill out the necessary documents answered all question

Anonymous Employee in Baxter, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Baxter, MN).

Interview

Pretty easy so long as you have previous customer service experience. Don't remember the specific questions but they were basic to the job and to what the company's goals were. Customer scenario discussion.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. Just basic questions about my experience and customer service. Just go in dressing nice and don't be nervous. I'm currently waiting on a call back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

intervewed by personal, then another associate, then the front end manager. I transfered in from another store out of state. Was hired before I moved. don,t know what else to say to make it long enough.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and easy, not too many questions and they were really friendly and nice and I was so happy that they offered me a job. It just made my day extra special nice. Every person there was really helpful and friendly and super super super super nice. It was just great. You should definitely think about trying to get a job at Walmart because it is absolutely a great great great place

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Applied on line called for interview went in talk about what position they had open asked normal questions very friendly Manager went over duties as cashier was actually really easy was surprised how much I learned there was asked to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What's difficult situation   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Anonymous Employee in Hickory Creek, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hickory Creek, TX).

Interview

I applied online. Human Resources called and asked me a few simple questions. Set up an appointment to come to the store. I was asked to fill out some paperwork and then I spoke with a manager and was hired on the spot.