Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

1.9

618 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was asked several question related to the position. i was asked several questions regarding customer service. The questions were to see if I could provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Quick and literally impossible to fail. The questions asked were very simple and you just say what they want to hear. You're hired as a temp for 91 days, then after that you get a pay increase and more employee benefits

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rowdy customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

When I was interviewed, it was mostly the same questions that any interviewer asks. She was laud back and easy to communicate with. I was hired on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take the lead of a group or a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

Came in during interview time, waited in the printing area until called on, went to the back and got question by asst manager. Fairly quick, after being question you will be given another time to come in to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Basically answer what was the one good thing you did for someone.   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You will do a one on one interview with a manager or personnel. Very standard questions. As long as you have a decent response and dress appropriately, you'll get the second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was not really any questions. Pretty much asked if i would show up to work and if I was willing to do my job without complaining. They did not seem to care that I was there or what I could do.

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Catonsville, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied one night and the next day I got a call from WalMart to come in for an interview. The interview was fairly short. I was asked one question and then taken to the front end where I would be working. Then, I had to fill out a few papers and I was told to look out for an email about a background check and expect a call in a few days to schedule orientation. It took about 2 days for them to call.

Interview Questions

• The only question the interview asked me was “ “When is one time you went about and beyond in customer service? What was happening and how did you handle the situation?” That was literally the ONLY question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone to come in for an interview about a week later. On the day of the interview, I met with the managers. It was a very comfortable setting and they really tried to make me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Short, sweet, and simple. Call to come in for interview that lasted maybe 20 minutes. This was my first job so I did not have any experience. Just filled out paper work and took test on the computer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply Online - They call you (a week or 2 after applying) - Schedule an in-person interview (easy) - Call back within a day or two for a "job offer" (you signing papers officially starting at Walmart)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer....   Answer Question