Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and basically just had to sign a few papers. I was only asked one question which was to describe a time I went above and beyond for a customer. In the end, I was offered a position. Nice and simple, which is something that I loved. People there seemed amazing and I cannot wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply and wait for them to call (or you can call them to check on the application status/process). When they call you they will tell you to come in for the interview. You will only need to pass one interview, and it is VERY easy (in my experiences, at least, and I have worked at three different stores). Most of the time, waiting for the person who will be interviewing you will last longer than the actual interview. It takes ten minutes tops once you start the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

3 part interview
    one with human resources, second with a customer service manager, third with a manager. it is super easy and laid back. more than likely u will get the job if u get an interview. Must complete a drug test within 24 to 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

So basically I applied for cashier and when they called me in (whole process of applying and getting hired took 1 week) they had switched me over to AP customer host without my acknowledge. I still accepted the offer since I was being paid more than a cashier. But the whole interview process was weird since I had applied for cashier and they had switched me over.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you offered great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

filled out application, went for interview, started orientation all within a week. They like for you to be flexible that is a big draw. The more hours you have the better. The training is pretty basic and you don't have to memorize everything. They have training aids you can always go back to. However, most of it is common sense. Orientation is a lot of computer work. You have to do most of the training on computer but, once you get most of that done.

Interview Questions

• Q: At your previous job what was a problem you came across and how did you fix it or make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They basically check to make sure you are sane, presentable, and somewhat intelligent. If you have any social skills and seem like you can run a (idiot-proofed) register, then you are probably going to do well.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing a cashier can do for our customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lawton, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very smooth and less nerve wracking than I thought . Not to many questions and overall a very easy interview. The hiring managers were very nice . Also, the personnel managers were very nice and accommodated to your specific needs. They explained everything very thoroughly and in a fast and efficient way.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

You apply they call you in and answer basic interview question like why work for Walmart and they like to talk about any experiences you had . It is very easy for the most part just go in there dresses very professional smile and be very cheerful if you can do some research about Sam Walton and you should be good good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Temple, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Temple, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about a week to get a call for an interview. When I arrived at my interview no one knew where to send me. I sat and waited for 30 minutes past my interview time until someone came to get me. The interview was brief, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where a customer gave you a really great compliment?   Answer Question