Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

1.9

553 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ruckersville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Ruckersville, VA).

Interview

After I applied online, I received a call from HR a couple weeks later where they asked if I was still interested in the job and to schedule an interview. During the interview, I spoke with one of the assistant mangers and answered a question about my experience in customer service. Not long after, I received another call from HR to schedule a time for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help someone through a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was smooth but I also worked part time in personnel and at my particular location, they say they don't discriminate against people who need days off but they do prefer people to have open schedules. You'll be more likely to be hired.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online. Then I had an in-person interview. It was normal. Mostly "tell us about yourself" and "how would you handle this situation" questions. About one-two weeks later I was offered the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Filed out application online and then had an online questionnaire. I was then asked to come into the store for an in person interview. It was very short and simple

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a friend referral. Manager called me in for an interview. Offered on the spot and went to work the next day. Easy interview and overall not bad for a part time job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Really quick, regular questions like whether or not I can work holiday, they were short staffed so asked about how many hours I could work. Typical "describe a time you went above and beyond."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   3 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Met with multiple managers at once. Interview consisted of a series of questions to recall situations related to customer service situations. Offer was given at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2017.

Interview

Interview is extremely quick. You are only asked a single question, and it is pretty much asked at any interview you go to. Was given a job offer that day. Good job if you're in school and need some cash!

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you went above your requirements in school or the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

They told me after being there waiting almost two hours to get interviewed that i was no longer need. Very rude. Then i got a call back saying they was sorry and to come back. I decline.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Being a brand new store the interview process was very simple. They asked typical questions about customer service, good and bad experiences. They offered full time with benefits even though i applied for part time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where i went above and beyond to assist a customer.   1 Answer