Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boise, ID).

Interview

2 phase interview with a person plus two additional steps. One included drug screen/background check the other was online application and test. The online test (which can be done in-store) included basic work history, personality test and situational test. After completing it is good to call the store and ask for the HR department to make sure they received your application. Then expect to wait for 3 or more days depending on what their current hiring needs are. You have the best chance to get on during the holiday rush when they are needing seasonal employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and easy, not too many questions and they were really friendly and nice and I was so happy that they offered me a job. It just made my day extra special nice. Every person there was really helpful and friendly and super super super super nice. It was just great. You should definitely think about trying to get a job at Walmart because it is absolutely a great great great place

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. Just basic questions about my experience and customer service. Just go in dressing nice and don't be nervous. I'm currently waiting on a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Applied on line called for interview went in talk about what position they had open asked normal questions very friendly Manager went over duties as cashier was actually really easy was surprised how much I learned there was asked to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What's difficult situation   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Anonymous Employee in Hickory Creek, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hickory Creek, TX).

Interview

I applied online. Human Resources called and asked me a few simple questions. Set up an appointment to come to the store. I was asked to fill out some paperwork and then I spoke with a manager and was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Got a call the day after I put in an application since my friend said they were hiring. If they call you, you pretty much have the job, just don't fail the drug test. They ask a couple questions, you fill out some paperwork, and stress their attendance policy. If they don't tell you you'll get a call or receive a small booklet, you didn't get it. I've never had a job before and they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service either inside or outside of the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and basically just had to sign a few papers. I was only asked one question which was to describe a time I went above and beyond for a customer. In the end, I was offered a position. Nice and simple, which is something that I loved. People there seemed amazing and I cannot wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply and wait for them to call (or you can call them to check on the application status/process). When they call you they will tell you to come in for the interview. You will only need to pass one interview, and it is VERY easy (in my experiences, at least, and I have worked at three different stores). Most of the time, waiting for the person who will be interviewing you will last longer than the actual interview. It takes ten minutes tops once you start the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy. I got the job right after the interview! Would recommend at least applying there. The only problem I have is they're switching up my schedule to a different job already that I'm not sure I want to take. Going to talk to them tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer