Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.0

509 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Really quick, regular questions like whether or not I can work holiday, they were short staffed so asked about how many hours I could work. Typical "describe a time you went above and beyond."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Pascagoula, MS).

Interview

Easy Interview. Simple questions that require little to no advanced preparation. Short and sweet. Manager hiring for the position I went in for was not there so I interviewed with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had a small problem and prevented it from becoming a bigger problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got a call from personnel to come in for an interview, went in and went to the location I was told to in the back of the store and waited to be called into the personnel office. Once called in I was briefly interviewed by the Cashier manager (only about 3 questions) and filled out some paperwork. Then I was taken around the registers and the manager told me the basics of the job and asked me if I had any questions. After that the interview was over and I was told if I got the position I would receive a call in the next 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Interview

I applied online to multiple stores and received a call from a hiring manager a week later for an interview the next day.

I went in for the interview, was asked one question, went over some information on my application, and then they went over basic company policies with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was very fast. I applied online and received a call back the very next day. I went to my interview but it was not so much an interview as a "sign these forms" meeting. I signed the necessary forms, was told my starting pay rate, ($10.00 hourly), and went home. Later, I was emailed my background check consent form, approved it, and once he form was finished was called in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions other than "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The process was very easy. The manager was nice and positive. Sadly there was a chance of management. Was hired in an instant that day and this is my first job

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that you did valuable customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took an assessment. Within a day or two I got a call asking me to come in for the interview. She asked me a few questions on the phone and then made the appointment.

I went in for the interview a few days later and met with a manager. She asked me a few questions had me sign my completed application after going over it. Told me what her goals were for the front end and hired me on the spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• How did you provide a customer, co worker or supervisor and extraordinary customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Findlay, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I called and asked what positions were available she said fill out an app I did and called her back they got me in for an interview the same day when I got there she printed out my finished application I signed a few things they are supposed to call me tomorrow for orientation

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was only about 15 to 20 minutes long she just asked me basic questions about myself and about how others see me as a worker and as a person

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

The process was very quick and not time consuming at all. The person leading the interview was very brief in her questions and it was over in just a few minuets.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to show great leadership skills.   2 Answers