Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

1.9

600 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was not really any questions. Pretty much asked if i would show up to work and if I was willing to do my job without complaining. They did not seem to care that I was there or what I could do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Cockeysville, MD).

Interview

They contacted me & I went to the store for an interview - spoke with the manager & one of his head cashiers. Following the results of a drug test (passed), I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• (I had retail experience, so they asked) Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation with a customer and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You will do a one on one interview with a manager or personnel. Very standard questions. As long as you have a decent response and dress appropriately, you'll get the second interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Short, sweet, and simple. Call to come in for interview that lasted maybe 20 minutes. This was my first job so I did not have any experience. Just filled out paper work and took test on the computer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply Online - They call you (a week or 2 after applying) - Schedule an in-person interview (easy) - Call back within a day or two for a "job offer" (you signing papers officially starting at Walmart)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer....   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

easy as can be. in person sit down interview. asked behavioral questions pertaining with working with other employees and dealing with difficult customers. very basic, probably the easiest interview you will ever have.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and simple and straight to the point. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, she made the process very easy for me. I'm very lucky to be placed in that particular store with that particular manager.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview went very well.The lady that interviewed me was a sweetheart and nice made me feel very comfortable about my interview.It only lasted about 15 minutes including filling out paperwork. No drug test.Just the pay wasn't what I expected but hey it's better than nothing. An definitely room for advancement and growth within the company,After90 days of good work and on time pay increase and benefits kicks in.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Niles, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I had my first interview they asked me what was one way I helped another employee of a costumer and I signed all the papers that I filled out on my online application was told I would be called back for second interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Apply online @ walmart.com, wait for the call from personnel to schedule your interview, if you don't get a call after a week then call and follow up with personnel about your application. Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to interview time and dress nice, be yourself and wait for a call back if not hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What made you want apply here at Wal-Mart?   1 Answer