Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.0

531 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Really quick, regular questions like whether or not I can work holiday, they were short staffed so asked about how many hours I could work. Typical "describe a time you went above and beyond."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a friend referral. Manager called me in for an interview. Offered on the spot and went to work the next day. Easy interview and overall not bad for a part time job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Met with multiple managers at once. Interview consisted of a series of questions to recall situations related to customer service situations. Offer was given at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2017.

Interview

Interview is extremely quick. You are only asked a single question, and it is pretty much asked at any interview you go to. Was given a job offer that day. Good job if you're in school and need some cash!

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you went above your requirements in school or the workplace?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Being a brand new store the interview process was very simple. They asked typical questions about customer service, good and bad experiences. They offered full time with benefits even though i applied for part time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where i went above and beyond to assist a customer.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

No interview, but there is "two" of them which are both pretty much just signing papers. Only was asked one question and it was very simple. Ended up starting the day after the interview

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Pascagoula, MS).

Interview

Easy Interview. Simple questions that require little to no advanced preparation. Short and sweet. Manager hiring for the position I went in for was not there so I interviewed with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had a small problem and prevented it from becoming a bigger problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got a call from personnel to come in for an interview, went in and went to the location I was told to in the back of the store and waited to be called into the personnel office. Once called in I was briefly interviewed by the Cashier manager (only about 3 questions) and filled out some paperwork. Then I was taken around the registers and the manager told me the basics of the job and asked me if I had any questions. After that the interview was over and I was told if I got the position I would receive a call in the next 3 days.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was very fast. I applied online and received a call back the very next day. I went to my interview but it was not so much an interview as a "sign these forms" meeting. I signed the necessary forms, was told my starting pay rate, ($10.00 hourly), and went home. Later, I was emailed my background check consent form, approved it, and once he form was finished was called in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions other than "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Interview

I applied online to multiple stores and received a call from a hiring manager a week later for an interview the next day.

I went in for the interview, was asked one question, went over some information on my application, and then they went over basic company policies with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question